Non-Key Tweets | Page 729 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
So if the B1G wanted Oklahoma as an expansion team, is Kansas a given to go with them assuming no ACC teams bite on an invite? From a contiguous stand point of view they have to for the connection to Oklahoma. Our undergrad US News ranking is better (#18 Public/#56 National vs #53/#115), but Kansas is AAU which likely trumps the undergrad rankings. Currently they are a better basketball school than us, but Adidas and Coach Hurley may end up putting that in our favor. No question what the Lady Huskies bring to the table. Both football teams stunk, but ours was ranked better (114 vs 123) in the battle of the bums. Connecticut offers a higher population, part of the NYC DMA (in case other carriers balk at the Big Ten Network) and an access point to New England. Is there any chance we could make it a race or do I give up now. I'm optimistic at the moment.
Obviously I'm assuming current statistics are still valid in 6 years, but what else can we do?
Give up now! Lady Huskies? Since when? No ACC teams can leave before 2036, so forget that notion. The best thing that could happen is OK and KS to the B1G and UConn and some AAC schools form a new P5 Conference with the remnants of the Big 12 and some of the AAC schools. Of course, UConn could be left out of that as well. LaCrosse and hockey are meaningless in conference realignment.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Give up now! ... LaCrosse and hockey are meaningless in conference realignment.
I didn't expect that kind of nonsensical squashing of my dreams, but OK. You made a very compelling argument. Kudos.
I understand those other sports are irrelevant to conference realignment. But when two schools are so similar in what they bring in the key sports, good hoops and bad football in this case, you have to look at the secondary offerings. That is why I mentioned the Lady Huskies and the recruiting grounds for sports like MBB, Hockey & LAX that we would give them greater access to. I think the only things KS has over us is they are already P5 (for fan perception only), AAU, better MBB for the moment (with an ugly investigation looming) and, as @dayooper said, the possibility that OK may require them.

Reaction Score

RedditCFB on Twitter

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 17h17 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted RedditCFB

https://mobile.twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/992161664026869760 … “We have Conference Realignment coming up”

Daniel Mountcastle‏ @Expansion_Crush 16h16 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire
It's interesting that Kansas has come out and said that and saying it as if they aren't sure where they'll end up.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 16h16 hours ago
KU has been awfully aggressive behind the scenes according to BTM reports. You would think they would keep it more quiet but it’s leaking out in public now. Buckle up Daniel..next Spring things will get a little more interesting.

It does appear that Oklahoma and Kansas are coordinating ad BTM has stated. If I was the Big Ten I'd give them a front loaded deal like Maryland got.

I think you are correct. But KU has lots of work to do as we all know.

I like them for the BB. I wouldn't mind having another Indiana level FB school in the B1G. Indiana has the record for losses of any FBS school. Anyways, the likelihood of them making that jump before 2023 is very slim.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 15h15 hours ago
If KU gets a Big Ten invite it means OU is coming with them. KU needs to have a basic level of FB value..it can’t be 18,000 attendance with no TV media market for FB. KU has work to do..they’ve been told.

DocBunyan‏ @DocBunyan 15h15 hours ago
Hope they have more market demand than @RFootball - supposedly from the “state university of new jersey”. I lost their football game on the radio 15 minutes from campus. Should be able to get their game from the poconos to cape may and all points in between. Sad.

Replying to @flugempire
They better start making those arrangements now so that they can make the announcement at a time of their choosing instead of being left to join the Pac12 or the Mountain West

KU is investing 300 million +...donors have started to give, or that’s is what we all were to believe. Rule of thumb: Whatever is said in public domain, X10 it’s what’s being discussed in private domain.

Original Thi‏ @jhawknfla 16h16 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire
I’m not so sure current the KU AD is aware of that little fact. He is prettt clueless, but realignment is likely above his pay grade anyway.

Baty is the person who said, “Conference Realignment is on its way”...so yes, he is aware.

Original Thi‏ @jhawknfla 16h16 hours ago
Maybe Baty is more aware than his boss. Zenger called realignment an “urban legend” on kc radio a couple weeks ago.

Spencer Leone‏ @SpencerLeone 14h14 hours ago
Spencer Leone Retweeted Greg Flugaur

@flugempire @BTNBrentYarina @BTNDaveRevsine @Expansion_Crush @HowardGriffith @Hoosier34 @critchlow559 @huskers2k18 No Oklahoma! I swear, if I have go on an angry letter campaign to COPC and @bigtenconf...Screwing conference chemistry

Aaron‏ @posas13 14h14 hours ago
Pretty obvious that the B12 was disintegrating when they decided not to extend their GOR. @OmegaSupreme914

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 14h14 hours ago
Replying to @posas13 @SpencerLeone and
Also when Texas refuses to adjust or transform their LHN to bring in a new Big 12 Conf Network which would increase the 3rd tier value of the other Universities..not to mention increasing branding/marketing opportunities.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 21h21 hours ago
Replying to @RedDirtSport
LHN will make it impossible. Texas knows this to be true. Texas doesn’t care that it is true. Oklahoma does care that it is true.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Non-key #6thborough screenshot
B753258D-B637-4C76-A006-F73168AB379A.jpeg
But really, it pisses me off they went so hard on the 6thborough thing but they haven’t put up a billboard at Yankee Stadium where there are advertisements for Rutgers, Cuse, B1G, and ACC.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 5h5 hours ago
BTM: “Integrity Fee will be the new phrase we will all learn in next 12-24 months. Professional Leagues and Major Collegiate Conferences will be pursuing & negotiating Integrity Fees with States & Private Betting Firms”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 5h5 hours ago
BTM “Integrity Fees will change and reform Major Collegiate Conferences in how they report injuries and other news items in timely and structured, consistent forms.”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 4h4 hours ago
BTM “Example would be Kentucky vs South Carolina on SECN. You would see advertising from Betting Firm A on SECN before, during and after game with no cost to Firm A. SEC would receive 0.25% back on each wager. This would be considered an Integrity Fee.”

SethicusMaximus‏ @LonestarAlford 3h3 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire
Why would any firm give away money to get information they can get publicly for free?

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 2h2 hours ago
This deal has been done all over Europe. Firm would get their Ads for free or at discount on valuable slots.

SethicusMaximus‏ @LonestarAlford 52m52 minutes ago
How would it be for free if they’re giving up revenue for the arrangement? A student-athlete can easily win a court case using HIPPA as a reason not to divulge his/her medical condition.

Reaction Score
This concept kind of makes sense....UConn guys should like it...

Some good basketball...pretty good football

We created 5 NCAA super conferences based on geography, and they're beautiful

THE CAPITAL CONFERENCE

North

... Army
...Boston College
...UConn
...Maryland
...Navy
...Penn State
...Rutgers
...Syracuse

South

...Duke
...East Carolina
...North Carolina
...NC State
...Virginia
...Virginia Tech
...Wake Forest
...WVU

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What the heck does this get us in the world of CRA?

Also who give a flying f if they had a conference call.

Unless the state legislatures had money over for no reason there isn’t any money to get.

On top of the fact his own stupid tweets from two days ago make no sense. We here at the Boneyard know you there at Flueg Empire are frauds.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Also who give a flying f if they had a conference call.

Unless the state legislatures had money over for no reason there isn’t any money to get.

On top of the fact his own stupid tweets from two days ago make no sense. We here at the Boneyard know you there at Flueg Empire are frauds.
You don't seem to understand, they were on the call. That puts them way ahead of other schools who were not on the call. And miles ahead of West Virginia, because they have phone service.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You don't seem to understand, they were on the call. That puts them way ahead of other schools who were not on the call. And miles ahead of West Virginia, because they have phone service.

Ironically, West Virginia is actually ahead of the curve on this.

Chaos Erupts Over WV Sports Betting After Governor Issues Statement

Their Gov had it right. Go pound sand. But the idiot lobbyists are gaining some traction, West Virginia and Marshall are stakeholders? They are no such thing.

West Virginia Governor Says Sports Betting 'Integrity Fee' Agreement Was Reached

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Congress has allowed professional sports teams to pillage the country and allowed them anti-trust protection. Any state that gives them a penny for 'integrity fees' is run by incompetent and/or corrupt fools.

Reaction Score
Congress has allowed professional sports teams to pillage the country and allowed them anti-trust protection. Any state that gives them a penny for 'integrity fees' is run by incompetent and/or corrupt fools.
Well you know Connecticut will be the first in

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 2h2 hours ago
Conference Re-alignment future football Ohio State Texas Oklahoma Notre Dame Alabama Michigan SEC Pac 12 Big 10 ACC

Interesting article. But it will turn out to be totally inaccurate. Conferences are not going away. Most of P5 Conferences will stay intact through 2022-2025 Realignment chaos. Big Ten won’t remove 1 institution from its Conference.

FreeMason‏ @kenneyclone 27m27 minutes ago
Replying to @flugempire
Or if you are in a conference with your own Tier 3 rights you can negotiate with one of Amazon, Netflix etc to own and broadcast 3-4 games every year and possibly 1-2 conf games as well. Oh wait BIG 12 is only conf that allows that.

Zain Mujtaba‏ @zainmujtaba 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire
Money talks. FAANG money will force the Big brands in the P5 to rethink their committment. FAANG can still select 30-40 programs, and still keep the conferences alive, just in a modified form.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 1h1 hour ago
Conferences wouldn’t stay alive if different members were being paid X2 or X3 for Tier 1/2 Content vs others in same Conference. 12 of the 14 Big Ten schools own a slice of the BTN by buying into the ownership. Interesting writing, but it won’t be close to being accurate.

The Third Rail - Touch Me‏ @Expansion_Crush 1h1 hour ago
The only way that happens is if the NCAA ceases to exist. It amount to collusion and and antitrust issue. Sports are cyclical so having teams relegated to 2nd and 3rd tier status (often deservingly) would lock them out. Oh....I'm talking about the G5

Conference Re-alignment future football Ohio State Texas Oklahoma Notre Dame Alabama Michigan SEC Pac 12 Big 10 ACC

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 55m55 minutes ago
Replying to @Expansion_Crush
Won’t happen. Ohio State & Michigan have no interest in dissolving the Big Ten Conference..which would happened if offered and they excepted more T1/2 money vs other Big Ten schools. Ohio State & Michigan wants to play like-minded schools in student athletic activities.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 53m53 minutes ago
Replying to @flugempire @Expansion_Crush
Big Ten schools and Big Ten Conference own 49% of the Big Ten Network. 12 schools & B1G Conf get same slice of pie every year. Mary & RUT will get their full slice 3 years from now. If Amazon buys BTN nothing changes in 3T Payouts.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire Jun 20
New University of Oklahoma President (on July 1st) Gallogly

“...launching our effort to make the University of Oklahoma one of the finest research institutions in our nation and a growth engine for the state of Oklahoma”.

President Gallogly bringing B1G changes to OU.

https://newsok.com/article/5598666/university-of-oklahoma-facing-1-billion-debt-inadequate-operating-cash

… Gallogly knows the direction he wants to take University of Oklahoma.

Epic Center of the next wave of Realignment.

FreeMason‏ @kenneyclone Jun 20
Replying to @flugempire
This is what people don’t realize..Academics is worth billions not some $50 mil a year tv deal. Billions. These institutions within conf work collaborate a lot academically.. it is very political.

Replying to @flugempire
And anything the AD at OU makes isn’t going into General OU fund. You realize that right? Their AD is in black and their facilities are top notch. There is zero chance BIG Presidents take OU academically..zero. Texas? I could see academically for sure.

BoomTown‏ @BoomTownRW Jun 20
Replying to @flugempire
I’m confused by the date

I might be wrong but Gallogly becomes President on July 1st, correct? Or is Gallogly officially President right now?

BoomTown‏ @BoomTownRW Jun 20
I guess I just assumed Boren abdicated after spring semester. You’re right

Most Universities fiscal years go from July 1st to June 30th. So they tend to make their serious staffing changes start on July 1st. But of course it doesn’t always cut that simple.

Jordan‏ @TrboRacersRdyGo Jun 20
Replying to @flugempire
Are you insinuating OU May be joining the B1G at some point in the not too distant future??

Dan Schwarzlander‏ @dschwarzlander Jun 20
I assume it’d be announced as early as...?

OU and UT To B1G‏ @Genetics56 23h23 hours ago
Late 2023

Dan Schwarzlander‏ @dschwarzlander 19h19 hours ago
Will be interesting to see if they want OU locked in before then when contract negotiations begin to maximize $ of next contract

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 18h18 hours ago
Oklahoma’s 3T contract ends on June 30th, 2022. What Oklahoma decides to do with their 3T content leading up to said date will be the answer to OU’s 2025 Realignment question. Short 3T extension or long 3T extension? Bet on the short.

Replying to @flugempire
The entire media environment won’t even be close to what it is today...if you think OU is leaving recruiting of TX all they have to do is look at Neb and it’s failure. OU cares about getting to playoffs. Best shot is owning big 12.

Bruce Harris‏ @JBruceHarris Jun 20
Replying to @flugempire
Smells BIG

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 22h22 hours ago
BTM just broke some news to me but before we release it we want to clear some of it up. Look for an update sometime tomorrow early afternoon. Clue: Mark called Joe in reference to T3 2021. Stay tuned. Stay close.

Expansion Crush‏ @Expansion_Crush 21h21 hours ago
Joe Castiglione, AD of Oklahoma and Mark Silverman, President of BTN and President of Fox Sports

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 21h21 hours ago
Replying to @Expansion_Crush
And that is why they call you Expansion Crush. We will be breaking some news tomorrow..unless Barry breaks it first. Stay tuned.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 59m59 minutes ago
BTM

“Oklahoma’s future relationship with Oklahoma FOX Sports Net and Learfield is completely up in the air for obvious reasons surrounding the sell off of FOX Sport Nets to unknown new owners. Oklahoma currently has their 3rd Tier Deal in place until June 30th, 2022.”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 58m58 minutes ago
BTM

“FOX Sports under New FOX, after the sell offs of certain unaffected assets to Disney, will be reconstructed under current FOX Sports President Mark Silverman who also happens to remain BTN President at this current time.”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 57m57 minutes ago
BTM

“As most know, or will find out shortly, University of Oklahoma is the epic center of possible Realignment in the Power 5 Conferences after 2025 when Big 12 Grant of Rights end on June 30th, 2025. Oklahoma will be the straw that stirs the drink.”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 57m57 minutes ago
BTM

“The first indication of Oklahoma’s decision on where it’s home will be after 2025, be it in their current home Big 12 Conference or in a new P5 Conference, is where Oklahoma decides to park their 3rd Tier content from July 1st, 2022 to June 30th, 2025”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 52m52 minutes ago
BTM

“FOX Sports & BTN President Mark Silverman has made it known to Oklahoma that they would like to be THE player on where OU parks it’s 3rd Tier content from July 1st 2022 to June 30th 2025 even with OU Sports Net having different owner or if it will even exist in few yrs”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 48m48 minutes ago
BTM

“All options are on the table for FOX Sports President Mark Silverman to aquire Oklahoma’s 3rd Tier content in those 3 years if Oklahoma chooses to go short term route in 3T contract prior to Big 12 Grant of Rights finishing in 2025.”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 43m43 minutes ago
BTM

“All options include putting University of Oklahoma 3T content on FS2 and provide streaming Oklahoma’s 3rd Tier content by using avaliable BTN2GO streaming capabilities”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 40m40 minutes ago
BTM

“No Option is off the table. Not from Mark Silverman perspective. There are many reasons why Silverman has remained the decision maker at both FOX Sports and Big Ten Network and this is one prime example”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 37m37 minutes ago
BTM

“Who are the other players today who can, and have the desire to go aggressively after, Oklahoma’s 3T Content for a possible short term of 3 years 3 years from now? Silverman has a huge head start.”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 34m34 minutes ago
BTM

“Silverman will attempt to build a runway for Oklahoma to seamlessly cross over from whatever 3T platform they choose to have from July 1st, 2022 to June 30th, 2025, onto joining the Big Ten Conference on July 1st 2025 and it’s Big Ten Network. This is the goal.”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 30m30 minutes ago
BTM

“Where Oklahoma decides to park their 3T content after June 30th 2022 and for how long the terms, will tell you everything you need to know where the University of Oklahoma believes their future should be.”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 27m27 minutes ago
BTM

“Oklahoma will be making their 3T decision (July 1st, 2022 to June 30th, 2025) in approximately 18 months. Cant go much longer than early 2020.”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 25m25 minutes ago
BTM

“FOX Sports, under NEW FOX, will be coming hard after Oklahoma 3T Content. If FOX Sports fails to get this content for 2022-2025 then you can expect Big Ten won’t become a factor in OU’s future possible realignment decision”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 22m22 minutes ago
BTM

“But what’s important to acknowledge at this time is there should be no more questions on Big Ten interest in the University of Oklahoma in joining the Big Ten in 2025.”

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 19m19 minutes ago
Me:

I would add one more item to what BTM told us last night. OU’s upcoming decision on where to park their 3T content after June 30th, 2022 will start to be covered very soon by local and National writers. BTM’s info will be confirmed shortly. Silverman is going after OU 3T.

Reaction Score
Flug makes it seem as though these schools are ramping up academic investments. The reality says otherwise. He is out of his depth.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: Hmm, and the American carves out an special exception for Connecticut's T3 rights. Is this to pave the way for a similar deal for UConn? Will UConn be paired with Okla in a move to the Big Ten? The Big Ten's lack of championships has to to be a sore spot for Delany. UConn fixes that quickly with it's woman's basketball juggernaut. Are we seeing the groundwork for a UConn move to the Big Ten? I will attempt to get confirmation in my upcoming dinner with LBM. That's Litter Box Man for those of you who don't follow me on twitter.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
People are still talking about this on Twitter everyday?

I've given up. The only thing on the horizon is if/when UConn drops football and joins the Big East.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom