Non-Key Tweets | Page 731 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He’s a legit report who seems to be reporting that he has sources telling him FS1 wants UConn in the Big East, no?
Key tweets are AD's, college presidents, conference president's and the like. This guy isn't a West Virginia back woodsman, but he's not key.

Reaction Score
He’s a legit report who seems to be reporting that he has sources telling him FS1 wants UConn in the Big East, no?

It all seems comment was tied to FS1 keeping the BE tourney in MSG after 2022 opt-out period w/ ACC/B1G10 snuffing aroun NYC. It’s not that big of a leap to say that based on UConn attendance push.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Key tweets are AD's, college presidents, conference president's and the like. This guy isn't a West Virginia back woodsman, but he's not key.

Ah, I was under the impression that “real” journalists counted.

Reaction Score
It all seems tied to FS1 keeping the BE tourney in MSG after 2022 pot-out period w/ ACC/B1G10 snuffing aroun NYC. It’s not that big of a leap to say that based on UConn attendance push.

I just didn’t get the impression, reading through the thread, that he’s saying this based on a feeling; it sounded to me like he was saying this based on conversations he had with important people.

Not sure the chances of it ever happening, but between this and the Rothstein reports a few months ago, there’s some smoke here.

CL82

Reaction Score
Ah, I was under the impression that “real” journalists counted.
Does Asbury Park Press count as real? I kid, I kid... kinda.

Reaction Score
I just didn’t get the impression, reading through the thread, that he’s saying this based on a feeling; it sounded to me like he was saying this based on conversations he had with important people.

Not sure the chances of it ever happening, but between this and the Rothstein reports a few months ago, there’s some smoke here.
If UConn wants to be in the Big East they'll be in the Big East.

CL82

Reaction Score
Even if Fox did want UConn in the NBE and the NBE wanted UConn, UConn still needs a decent place to park football and enough cash to make the move worthwhile. That's a tough row to hoe.

Reaction Score
Even if Fox did want UConn in the NBE and the NBE wanted UConn, UConn still needs a decent place to park football and enough cash to make the move worthwhile. That's a long row to hoe.

That was kind of my point - sure FS1 would want UConn to be in the Big East to bolster the resume to fend off MSG opting out of the BE tourney in NYC after 2022.

Fox can step in and solve the football dilemma part of the equation if MSG is that important to their BE business model ;)

Reaction Score
Fox has its hands in B1G Network, which also wants MSG, and the new Big E, which has MSG through 2022, basketball rights. ESPN is tied to the ACC, which also wants MSG. Could the rumor/potential of the Big East looking to add UConn force the ACC to make a move or be squezed out of MSG for the foreseeable future knowing that offering UConn football a home would be once heck of an incentive that the new Big E can't match? If the ACC makes a move, would Fox then press the B1G to look at UConn, potentially tied the next round of conference realignment that may see the end of the ACC or XII?

Reaction Score
Fox has its hands in B1G Network, which also wants MSG, and the new Big E, which has MSG through 2022, basketball rights. ESPN is tied to the ACC, which also wants MSG. Could the rumor/potential of the Big East looking to add UConn force the ACC to make a move or be squezed out of MSG for the foreseeable future knowing that offering UConn football a home would be once heck of an incentive that the new Big E can't match? If the ACC makes a move, would Fox then press the B1G to look at UConn, potentially tied the next round of conference realignment that may see the end of the ACC or XII?

I wish,

But no :(

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The round of conference realignment that ends the ACC? The round caused by the sun swallowing the Earth?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Clemson to the SEC. The ACC to the AAC.

Let’s say the SEC goes out and has too much to drink and decides to make a bad decision and corner South Carolina.

They call Clemson and invite them to join (clearly UCONN is 16 for NYC).

Is Clemson tired of going to the playoff every year? Are they going to build a more ridiculous football facility? They want to spend years in court fighting their GOR which goes until like 2033?

Checks out.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A four-day college basketball tournament is not going to create any realignment.

Clemson is never going to the SEC unless aliens destroy the South Carolina campus.

If the SEC got drunk, would Clemson go? Probably. No one has turned down an extra dollar yet in this hootenanny and the gap between the SEC and ACC is going to be massive.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
A four-day college basketball tournament is not going to create any realignment.

Clemson is never going to the SEC unless aliens destroy the South Carolina campus.

If the SEC got drunk, would Clemson go? Probably. No one has turned down an extra dollar yet in this hootenanny and the gap between the SEC and ACC is going to be massive.

I completely agree. While I want you all to have a great home, MSG isn’t going to be the deciding factor.

Reaction Score
I completely agree. While I want you all to have a great home, MSG isn’t going to be the deciding factor.

I agree. Was just noting that MSG's new Big E opt-out in 2022 is right around when the current P5 confernece TV contratcs begin to expire. MSG will not be a deciding factor; but, could be a data point, especially if the ACC survives the P5 consolidation into the P4.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah, agree. Where a conference basketball tournament is played won't be enough of a driving force to create a CR ripple. The only things that could create more CR within the next 5 years are 1) paying players; 2) Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Let’s say the SEC goes out and has too much to drink and decides to make a bad decision and corner South Carolina.

They call Clemson and invite them to join (clearly UCONN is 16 for NYC).

Is Clemson tired of going to the playoff every year? Are they going to build a more ridiculous football facility? They want to spend years in court fighting their GOR which goes until like 2033?

Checks out.
I was kidding. It was a bad attempt to make fun of how bad ACC football is becoming, outside of Clemson.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur@flugempire 19h19 hours ago

BTM just now. “Look for Oklahoma to have a new 3rd Tier deal done with an RSN owned by FOX by end of 2019. Length of deal will be relatively short term.”

Reaction Score
The round of conference realignment that ends the ACC? The round caused by the sun swallowing the Earth?

If the SEC ever got UNC (w Duke), that might destabilize the conference. But the Heels have too much of a good deal in the ACC that I can't ever imagine them wanting to leave.

Reaction Score
The GOR runs through 2036....who knows what the landscape will look like 17 years in the future?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom