Non-Key Tweets | Page 727 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 26m26 minutes ago
It is time to return to share with you the rumblings of the college football world.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 23m23 minutes ago
Expansion isn't dead. It's just been in hibernation.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 22m22 minutes ago
Big12 stands to win B1G in the next few years. But they won't be the only winners.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
With the downfall of cable subscribers the next round of expansion will be expansion through contraction.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 22m22 minutes ago
PAC12 we hardly knew you.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
Dismal ratings. Horrible attendance figures. Network a disaster. Pac12 days are numbered.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 20m20 minutes ago
B10 stands to gain from Pac12 woes but so does B12 and maybe even ACC.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 19m19 minutes ago
There is currently one school I. The B1G that wants out. New AD has promised some that he will bring them back home

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 18m18 minutes ago
Mormons don't fear. The B12 has never stopped lines of communication. Still the most attractive option not locked up.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 18m18 minutes ago
Contiguous states be damned when B10 absorbs a new time zone.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 17m17 minutes ago
Would Colorado in B10 be enough to keep Husker fan base happy? Or is B12 return imminent?

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 16m16 minutes ago
I would like to again apologize to UC and BYU fans for the debacle I left over.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 16m16 minutes ago
It was a crazy day and multiple sources were confirming. Honestly it was so much closer to happening than you know.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 14m14 minutes ago
The real meat and potatoes concerns corn and steak.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 14m14 minutes ago
New AD has already reached out to people at UT and OU. Looking into mending bridges.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 13m13 minutes ago
New AD at Nebraska also has reached out to certain coach he once helped hire at another school

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 12m12 minutes ago
Within 5 years the landscape of CFB will change dramatically. Television money will start to decline

Streaming money will be the name of the game.

Compelling historical matchups will rule again.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 11m11 minutes ago
WVU will not be long in our current home.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 11m11 minutes ago
B12 will survive. Thrive even. But WVU will be playing regional rivals yearly again.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 9m9 minutes ago
Things are already in motion that will change everything. The NCAA may not survive but big-time College Sports will.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 7m7 minutes ago
Fans of Uconn, USF, UCF, BYU. Cincy, Houston fear not. You will not be left behind.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 6m6 minutes ago
When the dust settles most mid-major programs will still have a seat at the table.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 5m5 minutes ago
Power conferences will become power conglomerates. They Amy cannibalize each other and combine. It will be a new day

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 5m5 minutes ago
No one knows better than B10. It's why they went for the short tv deal.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 4m4 minutes ago
Conference branding will not be the major stream of income anymore.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 3m3 minutes ago
The true money will come from the streaming and tv rights for a new American College Athletics Association

Ok so I made up the name. But not the model.

It's closer to a reality than most know.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 2m2 minutes ago
When it does happen it will be a true split of about 80-90 schools that will no longer operate under the NCAA umbrella.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 59s60 seconds ago
But again. This is all a few years off. There are immediate things happening though.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 41s42 seconds ago
It's a very real possibility that in the short term Nebraska may negotiate its way out of the B10.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 1m1 minute ago
And if Nebraska did come home then B12 already has options to add number 12.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 45s46 seconds ago
the media and fans have turned against Nebraska in B10. TV money is nothing in the larger picture.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 now
There have even been whispers that WVU could take Nebraskas spot in B10 in a settlement for both sides and keep B12 at 10 members for now.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 28s28 seconds ago
It would mean a realignment of divisions for B10. And one of this is coming from B10 offices. Just Nebraska.

Murr‏ @MurrDCU 2m2 minutes ago
Would thing B1G would add more AAU PAC members instead.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 47s47 seconds ago
Replying to @MurrDCU
I don't think WVU would be traded. I don't think the B10 would want us. Just saying the idea was thrown out there by someone

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 1m1 minute ago
I wish I had time to share more but that's all I can do for now.

Panthersville‏ @Panthersville 9m9 minutes ago
Panthersville Retweeted MH ver3

You had me up until here..craziest thing I've heard in a while. Big part of NB's problem in B1G is losing their AAU membership.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 8m8 minutes ago
Replying to @Panthersville
Keep reading on. I don't think it'd happen either just that the idea was floated to OU AD from Neb AD

WVU to take UNL place in B10?!?! I heard of game news, but Fake Rumors??

Reaction Score
John Ourand‏Verified account @Ourand_SBJ
SBD: Fox Sports hires Mark Silverman from BTN to be president of national networks. http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2018/01/10/People-and-Pop-Culture/Silverman.aspx …

Omega Supreme‏ @OmegaSupreme914
Omega Supreme Retweeted John Ourand

@posas13 @Expansion_Crush @flugempire

Omega Supreme added,
John OurandVerified account @Ourand_SBJ
SBD: Fox Sports hires Mark Silverman from BTN to be president of national networks. Fox Sports Brings On BTN's Mark Silverman To Be President Of National Networks

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire Jan 10
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Omega Supreme

https://mobile.twitter.com/OmegaSupreme914/status/951250378368135168 … WOW! Huge news.

Replying to @OmegaSupreme914
“Silverman, who was hired 11 years ago as BTN’s first and only president, will also continue to oversee that channel.”

Aheeemmmm.......

Big Ten Expansion coming in 2025. Big time.

Replying to @Expansion_Crush @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914
If you notice...Silverman, for now, is still overseeing BTN.

FOX Sports is ALL IN on Big Ten.
More now than ever.

Replying to @Expansion_Crush @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914
Think of it this way...

Is Oklahoma more valuable to FOX inside the Big Ten in 2025 or more valuable to FOX inside Big 12 in 2025?

With Silverman now in his position at FOX Sports and BTN....well.

Just 1 example.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire Jan 24
Replying to @CaliUConnHusky
According to BTM there has been some rumblings on a new face who will become a factor in Conference Realignment/Expansion decisions come 2023/24/25...

Amazon.

If they buy FOX Sports...

BTM will update us soon.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 12h12 hours ago
Heads up: BTM is stating FOX agressive play into getting NFL Thursday Night package is part of FOX Sports two year plan to shine itself up to be ultimately bought by Amazon.

FOX FS1 FS2 BTN

Biggest coming impact on future Conf Realignment/Expansion.

ME: It would make some sense if Amazon is interested in entering the sports business. He didn't mention what happens to the PAC Networks but I would think that Amazon and the PAC would be natural partners.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
FINALLY...Non-Key Tweets has come back to the Boneyard.
the-rock-finally.jpg

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 8h8 hours ago
BTM

“Tectonic Plates of Realignment will start to move around and build some heat 24 months from now. All kinds of back channel talks will begin among University Presidents and Top Media Executives”

BTM

“Sometime in the Spring of 2020 Universities among the Big 12 will need to start pushing Oklahoma & Texas on their vision going forward.”

BTM

“It has to start in 2020. Oklahoma will be gathering options in back channel talks with PAC, Big Ten & SEC. Oklahoma’s 3rd Tier Contract ends in 2022. Oklahoma will want to create feeding frenzy. Everyone in industry know this to be true”

“FOX Sports is loading up. Just acquired NFL Thursday Night Package. FOX Sports offered way above competitors for new NFL Package. FOX Sports now all-in on live sport content”

BTM

“There is nothing going on inside Big 12. No Conference initiatives to build any Big Conference new platforms big or small to help drive Big 12 brand in any growing capacity”

+++OH-ANON+++‏ @OHANON1 8h8 hours ago
Buy ESPN just bought the local fox sports channels

Replying to @OHANON1
But not FS1, FS2, BTN and FOX or FOX NEWS Channel.

BTM

“It is true, today everything is quiet. But it’s also inconceivable talks stay dormant past Spring of 2020”. Big Business needs a runway”

BTM

“Everyone will load up to push their best possible deals toward Oklahoma. You only can get Texas if you get Oklahoma. If you come up short on Texas you still get a University in OU which will greatly adds to any Conference.”

BTM

“PAC’s apparel deals among its top line branded Universities show an underrated value within its Conference. Must, and will, simplify its Conference Network into one media box. Need to unravel its complexity”

BTM

“Some in industry expect USC to leak out info on them looking at and researching possible path toward Independence in Football to push PAC into some reform in next few years, but nobody will take these leaks seriously”

BTM

“PAC has no interest in any merger with Big 12. This discussion wouldn’t get past the first open meeting at Berkeley. This is not a serious topic.”

ME: If no merger between the XII/PAC is in the offing then OU and likely UT would have some interesting choices to make. And the PAC may not invulnerable in years' time. Should both UT/OU go to SEC then I could see the Big Ten sniffing around to pick off PAC programs to catch up.

Reaction Score
The dude must be out in his outhouse right now staring down into the dung heep of a crystal ball looking for some reply. lol

Reaction Score
Billy is a slow reader.

Billly is an old reader.

Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 3h3 hours ago
I see people on twitter are making fun of BTN for offering B10 BB tourney on 4K.

Valid points:Not many people have ability to watch it 4K.not many people/carriers etc are interested because of investment in HD.

You know who isn’t laughing at BTN?
Amazon.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 2h2 hours ago
According to a BTM text this morning it might be a good idea for an AAC & B1G media writer/blogger/reporter to ask Mike & Jim how much work their Conf has done in gathering info on NBA’s research into getting a bite of NBA public wagering.

Conferences following NBA lead in grabbing 1% of all public wagers will be the next huge college sport story.

So if you are part of the media..you might want to start asking some questions to your commissioners.

Per BTM.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV Feb 19
Some early Big 12 expansion news.... background info and positioning for the upcoming CFB apocalypse known as 2022-2025.

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV Feb 19
Just don't have time to discuss it today....

Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV 11h11 hours ago
Early bird special: strong indication from ESPN/Fox that they are unwilling to pay a premium for the Big 12 for the next TV contract. The exclusive negotiating window opens in late 2023. Looks like first offer will be last offer.

What that means is the Big 12 must be able to add 2-4 schools that add enough value to keep the B12 in the ballpark with SEC/B1G. That means poaching from the Pac12.

SEC has interest in OU. ACC covets WVU.

That exclusive negotiating window will be key for the Big 12. The Big 12’s fate will be decided in 2022-2023.

Texas can go wherever it wants or indy. I expect ESPN to grease the rails & send OU & UT to the SEC & WVU to the ACC. Just my opinion though.

Doug‏ @snoopdoug44 11h11 hours ago
What conference does WVU play in fall 2014? Sooners? Texas?

Replying to @snoopdoug44 @HabibHaddad
2014 is easy. If you mean 2024 all I can say is enough P12 schools have the economic stress to make a B12 raid feasable.

But if the B12 cant raid the P12 expect OU & UT in the SEC & WVU in the ACC. I think that because ESPN will be proactive in adding value to their partners.

And the two biggest reasons why OU isnt in the SEC - Boren & Stoops - will be out of the picture.

Replying to @theDudeofWV @HabibHaddad
I know from talking to a fairly well connected UT booster a few years ago that there was no way they would go SEC but leadership has changed and so will thought processes in Austin.

ESPN owns UTs rights thru 2035 big 12 or no big 12.

The Real Bob Mayhew‏ @HabibHaddad 11h11 hours ago
And we know lhn will be a factor in whatever happens and I think big things are going to happen around 2023 - 2024

Pac 12 is a mess.

Recently heard something about Cal being a pain in the ass about something. How close is UCLA tied to CAL?

Not. Cal is drowining in red ink.

Replying to @theDudeofWV @snoopdoug44
In that scenario, which I think is entirely plausible, you would see an enhanced scheduling partnership between the SEC and the ACC.

ESPN is partners with SEC & ACC. So yes.

That is what drove my thinking on that statement Chris. ESPN.

Look what ESPN did to the Big East. Sent the 3 most valuable schools to ACC & Big 12.

Doug‏ @NebGradDubDub 10h10 hours ago
Good to see you coming around to my opinion.

Travis E 〽️bacher‏ @TEmbacher 11h11 hours ago
Where do you currently see WVU after the Big 12 GOR is up? Any new news in general regarding WVU?

Replying to @TEmbacher
ACC.

Aaron‏ @Aaron_Staats 11h11 hours ago
I fear that ship has sailed. Portion's of tier rights will expire from 22 through 25 for @bigten, @pac12 & @Big12Conference. Unless B12 does something soon, expect B12 to be poachee, not poacher. Texas is key to con realignment but can see scenario where OU and KU lead exodus.

Replying to @Aaron_Staats @bigten and
OU, UT, KU & WVU have long term T3 deals. Pac 12 is in bad shape. The Pac 12 IS what OU fans think the Big 12 is...

Ben Booth‏ @TheBenBoothShow 11h11 hours ago
OU thinks the Big 12 is dead on it's feet which they're probably right. The Pac 12 might be a mess and might lose some teams but they'll never die. They have the entire western half of the country all to themselves and USC and UCLA are never leaving.

Big 12 - if it can add Cal, Col, Washington & 1 more is suddenly right there with B1G & SEC in terms of money.

Aaron‏ @Aaron_Staats 11h11 hours ago
I think more logical choices are ASU, UA, Col (which isn't happy by any means) but that hinges on UT & OU being content to remain in the Big 12. If you're going down that road & money is equitable, go after Nebraska, which has stakeholders that would love to come home to B12.

Money Talks. I’m also curious to see what becomes of the Fox Regionals under ESPN. That may change the landscape. If ESPN tries to tie in Fox Sports Southwest (and sub net Oklahoma) with the LHN, OU will sh it themselves.

My opinion only. OU & WVU are gone with the first offer. I dont think they pull a Pitt & tank TV talks but the travel is killing WVU hoops.

I think with Boren, Powers & Dodds out of the picture UT will listen to ESPN.

Pac 12 is a mess.

Pac-12 really screwed the pooch with their Network decision

Yeah

The only way the P12 can solve their timezone issue is by joining the Big 12.

Cal, Colorado, Washington all in the red.

Eric‏ @eluv48 11h11 hours ago
have you heard anything on the AAC contract negotiations? Decent indicator of where contracts are headed in the cut the cord era

Replying to @eluv48
Not optimistic. Look at what ESPN/Fox told the Big 12.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 6h6 hours ago
You all know this is the opposite of what Dude has been feeding you for years about Big 12’s future being strong..right? As for Dude’s obsession in debating me..how does one debate Mr. Whiplash? One more thing, ACC does not covet WVU..it covets flexibility if ND ever becomes #15.

DWfjygEXkAAc5Zw.jpg

Big 12 Future does not get decided in the 2022-2023 negotiation window. It gets decided before that time...as OU will be discussing with FOX/ESPN and other media thier 3rd Tier Contract which ends in 2022.

Ringneck85‏ @Ringneck85 6h6 hours ago
Also, the only thing that he mentions that does make sense is the B12 taking 2 - 4 schools from P12 and there appears to be interest on behalf of 2 schools. You are correct in that it will be done before 22-23.

Replying to @Ringneck85
There is no 2 PAC schools interested in joining Big 12. Arizona schools not moving away from California.

Ringneck85‏ @Ringneck85 6h6 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire
The Arizona schools are interested mainly due to the money. The P12 is dead last in revenue and nothing is changing anytime soon.

Replying to @Ringneck85
The one thing Dude gets right is OU is a huge target for SEC. OU will also be huge target for PAC & Big Ten. OU in catbird seat.

Christopher must be heavily invested in a West Virginia Jet Fuel company. Dude wants WVU to fill up their planes non-stop and have their athletes in the air at all times. I’m getting jet lagged just reading his tweets.

ME: Great! Now all we need is for M Hver3 to come back from hibernation...

Reaction Score
This is hilarious. The ACC is not expanding without ND, and that is not going to happen. The most likely scenario is that WVU joins UConn in the AAC!

Reaction Score
I haven't been here for eons, but I have to tell you I am convinced that the Dude and his posse sit around throwing back shots and typing whatever comes in to their drunken mind next. Barkeep, another round of your cheapest whiskey, I got me some ideas that will get me a 4th follower on that there net thing

Reaction Score
Flug's BTM has always been a made up fictional character. All he does is take info on the Internet, delays a couple of weeks after news comes out, makes slight changes to the news, and then pretends it is info from a reliable source when all it is, is his own stupid opinions.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Flug's BTM has always been a made up fictional character. All he does is take info on the Internet, delays a couple of weeks after news comes out, makes slight changes to the news, and then pretends it is info from a reliable source when all it is, is his own stupid opinions.
mrw-i-see-the-deadpool-gasp-gif-finally-on-reddit-202174.gif

Soon you will be saying that the car wash guy isn't real.

Reaction Score
mrw-i-see-the-deadpool-gasp-gif-finally-on-reddit-202174.gif

Soon you will be saying that the car wash guy isn't real.

You have to dust off your captioned photo of Flug sharing a picnic "dinner" with BTM. One of the best GIF induced laughs I Think I have ever had.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom