Non-Key Tweets | Page 726 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Look, I think the landscape will change and the demise of cable will be a part of it but he's huffing if he still thinks that WVU is some kind kind of prized possession.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Per Flug...

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire
Nebraska's academics/research/athletics now intertwined with other large research universities. Nebraska not going back to small pond/B12

Nebraska now owns slide of BTN. BTN continues to grow in $ & exposure. Nebraska Volleyball/Basketball selling tickets more than ever.

Yes, Nebraska Football has struggled. But if Huskers were winning B1G West fools from WV would say it's only because Division is too easy.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 1h1 hour ago
Note to both @TheDudeofWV & @MHver3: Nebraska just finished buying into ownership of BTN. Not going back to B12.

Who cares (much) about selling tickets when so much of their income is coming from the TV contract.
Neither of the 2 WV nitwits has brought up the loss in revenue if they switched back. Kind of important.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
Every single school in Pac12 has already tried to negotiate a landing spot in the event the conference folds.

AZ and ASU were the first to do so last year with the B12. It's what quelled expansion then.

B12 realized it didn't need to expand yet. It just needed to wait out the Pac12.

Holy catfish! The Pac12 could fold? Who'da thunk it!

The delusional ramblings of a lunatic mind.

Pac 12 isn't in the best shape of the conferences, but it is an island unto itself. It's secure. The challenges it has cannot be alleviated by changing conferences. That would make them worse. Their main issue is that people in their primary markets (LA and the SF Bay area) don't give a rat's ass about college sports. Or pro sports really in most cases.

I think Colorado would go to the B1G, if invited. Aside from that, the Pac 12 is going nowhere.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I think Colorado would go to the B1G, if invited
Being piss poor at geography like I am, I always think of Colorado as being further west. Seeing that it's contiguous via Nebraska is surprising to me. Not helping me is that they are in the PAC-12, and again it's hard to imagine a PAC-12 school that could also go B1G.
When we used to play Trivial Pursuit, Geography was always the hardest for me.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Being piss poor at geography like I am, I always think of Colorado as being further west. Seeing that it's contiguous via Nebraska is surprising to me. Not helping me is that they are in the PAC-12, and again it's hard to imagine a PAC-12 school that could also go B1G.

My UConn Georgraphy professor was from New Hampshire. He told us on day one that he was a unicorn, as people from New England were uniquely terrible at Geography. Since I was born in KS (though raised in CT), I don't seem to have that failing.

Boulder, CO to SLC (the next closest Pac School) is 521 miles by car. I've done it (at 101 mph most of the way). By way of comparison UConn to Penn State is just 363 miles.

Reaction Score
No...distance as the crow flies can be very much different than distance by road......

Just have your GPS come up from GPS point to GPS point...check the miles...then have it pull up the actual route...the miles will be different...especially so here in the mountains where a place is 17.9 miles by crow fly and 51 by road.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No...distance as the crow flies can be very much different than distance by road.

Just have your GPS come up from GPS point to GPS point...check the miles...then have it pull up the actual route...the miles will be different...especially so here in the mountains where a place is 17.9 miles by crow fly and 51 by road.
Touche'. Looking at the Kessel run, it's at least 14 parsecs. But Han can make it in the Millennium Falcon travelling less than 12. Thanks for the clarification.

Reaction Score

Colorado is different than the rest of the Big 12 (and the B1G) regardless of proximity. It is often called the University of California - Boulder. PAC-12 kind of made sense for them, especially considering what looked like a Big 12 implosion. Interestingly, it's not as good of a school as I always thought it was, at least as far as US News ranks it and admission standards.

Reaction Score
My UConn Georgraphy professor was from New Hampshire. He told us on day one that he was a unicorn, as people from New England were uniquely terrible at Geography. Since I was born in KS (though raised in CT), I don't seem to have that failing.

Boulder, CO to SLC (the next closest Pac School) is 521 miles by car. I've done it (at 101 mph most of the way). By way of comparison UConn to Penn State is just 363 miles.

It also borders Oklahoma!

But I think Colorado is a cultural fit with the PAC-12.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It also borders Oklahoma!

But I think Colorado is a cultural fit with the PAC-12.

Maybe. It’s got a granola vibe for sure, but not all PAC 12 schools do, and more B12 schools do than you’d think. CU is kind of it’s own animal and fits fine culturally in either place. Competitively, I think the B12 with Nebraska fits better. But that’s not an option.

Reaction Score
LOL

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 now
There have even been whispers that WVU could take Nebraskas spot in B10 in a settlement for both sides and keep B12 at 10 members for now.

The Big 12 was the only conference desperate and stupid enough to take them. The SEC and ACC have rejected WVU multiple times.

Reaction Score
Andrew Rehmann‏ @ARehmann Oct 17
@MH ver3 your odds on nebraska actually leaving the B1G

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
Replying to @ARehmann
I really don't know odds. Just know that conversations have started. Pressure from big boosters.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
Does anyone really believe Nebraska lowered ticket prices as a nice gesture to fans?

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
Or did they do it to keep a sell-out streak alive?

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
Sure the diehards will go to games regardless of opponent but the core fanbase is sick of playing teams with no history

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
And it goes both ways. WVU would sell out games with Pitt and VT faster than UT and OU.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
And a WVU trade for Nebraska is highly highly unlikely but it is intriguing.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
If B12 got Nebraska back and WVU stayed would the conference stay at 11? Very unlikely.

Z diddy‏ @Zdiddy8 Oct 17
Better chance of this happening than the B10 ever accepting WVU like u say lol

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
Replying to @Zdiddy8
Never said they were going to be accepted. Only that the idea of a trade was mentioned.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
A&M is a lost cause but since Mizzou went to SEC they have become the epitome of dumpster fire.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
And we know there was some interest there last year to come back home...

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
Why would Nebraska give up $50mil a year and ownership in B10 network you ask ?

Dougie Howser MD‏ @PrestiSummer Oct 17
Replying to @MH ver3
No ones asking because they wouldn't

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
The money difference in coming back to B12 would be minimal-counting T3 they can sell it would be less than $6mil a year.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
But creating excitement with the fanbase by restoring true rivals and the ability to recruit a winning team again? Priceless

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
Did you know Nebraska's traveling attendance has fallen nearly 50% since the B12 days?

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
Their ratings have fallen as well but that seems to be across the board for everyone. Plus they always seem to be on BTN and not primetime

War Beaver‏ @WarBeavr Oct 17
Replying to @MH ver3
That's because they aren't that good. The league will showcase their best teams on national TV

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire Oct 17
Note to both @TheDudeofWV & @MH ver3: Nebraska just finished buying into ownership of BTN. Not going back to B12.

DMWRsmHWAAArOen.jpg

Jeff Middleton‏ @UCBearcat92 Oct 17
Meth is a major problem in WV. Exhibit A and Exhibit B.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
Shows what you know. Meth is so 2010 here. It's prescription pain pills and heroin now.

It has nothing to do with Meth..Heroin or any other drugs. It has to do with this simple concept: Nebraska's value has gone up with Big 10.

Pointing to FB records alone is shallow look at realignment. It's about increasing exposure in Academic/Research/Athletic endeavors.

Jeff Middleton‏ @UCBearcat92 Oct 17
It all about $$$$. Nebraska has made a ton of em by moving to the Big 10.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 17
Replying to @UCBearcat92 @flugempire @theDudeofWV
Actuallly until this most recent year every B12 team has made almost double what Nebraska made since the departure.

Not in value they have not. Nebraska has been building ownership of growing network. Big 12 schools taking short term $ but building zilch.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 9h9 hours ago
Nebraska has been having buyers remorse for awhile now. Bill Snyder isn't a dishonest man.

Reaction Score
MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 8h8 hours ago
Was just told an interesting basketball tidbit. Fans of UNC, Cuse, and Baylor aren't going to be happy soon.

Guess the FBI is going to do to UNC what the NCAA won't do.

Baylor is already on extremely thin ice with the Big12. Another scandal could prompt an expulsion vote.

there is another program-SEC-that knows they are under ongoing investigation.

Many former players and all coaches have been questioned. The sec knows. This one will be huge. Bigger than Louisville mess

Also was told these investigations are now spilling over into the football side for many programs.

This will probably lead to the NCAA as we know it.

Few more Nebraska tidbits.

When added Nebraska had no idea of the future additions of MD and RU and what it would mean for divisions and scheduling

Also Neb had no idea B12 would go to an equal revenue sharing model and get as much $ as they ended up getting.

Also Neb was pretty confident the B12 would fold and some of their rivals would end up humbled and in the B10 with them.

Interesting idea to get out of B10 GOR would be selling back stake of BTN to offset forfeiture other revenue losses.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 47m47 minutes ago
AAC very close to becoming an automatic qualifier for a non-playoff power bowl. Power6 close to reality.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 47m47 minutes ago
Boise St and SDSU joining would be paramount.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 45m45 minutes ago
BYU has been approached for joining in football only as well.

Andy Olsen‏ @Andysbbqpit 43m43 minutes ago
They already have the non-playoff auto qualifier. It’s called New Years 6. Dint you know this already?

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 18m18 minutes ago
Replying to @Andysbbqpit
No that's an auto-qualifier for the group of 5. This would be for ACC.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 17m17 minutes ago
Replying to @Andysbbqpit
Sorry AAC. Autocorrect.

Tom Dienhart‏Verified account @BTNTomDienhart
B1G announces move to 20-game league slate starting in 2018-19. Under new format, teams will play 7 foes twice and 6 once in given season.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 9h9 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Tom Dienhart

https://mobile.twitter.com/BTNTomDienhart/status/920995553797967872 … BTM told us move to 20 gms was happening 3 yrs ago...along with move to 10 Conf FB gms by middle of next decade.

CSU-RAM‏ @ram_csu 5h5 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire
This most likely means expansion in the future, correct?

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 5h5 hours ago
16 is the B1G "sweet spot"

DocBunyan‏ @DocBunyan 6h6 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire
10 conf fb is too many. 9 is perfect. 20 conf bball games is nice.

Justin Gaard‏ @jgkfan 9h9 hours ago
Jim Delaney on Big Ten tourney here at MSG: "One of the most important decisions we made was to live here and not visit here."

DMgNmFYUMAAh5dA.jpg

Justin Gaard‏ @jgkfan 9h9 hours ago
Delaney on FBI investigation: "I'm not shocked. This is the 9th or 10th intersection between college basketball and the FBI since 1950."

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 8h8 hours ago
According to BTM: Big Ten Basketball will remain at 20 Conf gms for 7-8 years. Moving toward 22 Conf gms in 2025/26 2 Divisions of 8

Reaction Score
MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 19
Also Neb had no idea B12 would go to an equal revenue sharing model and get as much $ as they ended up getting.

Big Red‏ @B1G_REDD 6h6 hours ago
With possible exception of UT, B12 members get nowhere near the revenue B1G members get.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 5h5 hours ago
Replying to @B1G_REDD
Counting 3rd tier TV payout WVU made $41 million last year. Way more than PAC and ACC and yes it was less than B10

Big Red‏ @B1G_REDD 5h5 hours ago
Replying to @MH ver3
Don’t understand how it benefits you or anyone to intentionally spread lies about Nebraska football. Huskers aren’t leaving B1G.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 Oct 19
AAC very close to becoming an automatic qualifier for a non-playoff power bowl. Power6 close to reality.

Weeda Hilt‏ @weedahilt 5h5 hours ago
Do you have sources in the AAC mhver3? Or is this the same contact u have at WVU?

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @weedahilt
I still have an AAC source from former BigEast days

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 5h5 hours ago
Because of recent tweets I call on Federal Government to do some serious water testing in State of West Virginia.

DMmxYrMX0AEZdZX.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Not all New Englanders. In 1977 I became the first person in the history of UConn to get a perfect score on Journalism professor John Breen's geography test, which he'd been administering for more than 20 years.

I've only been to Denver Int'l once. But I think you could park in Nebraska and get there quicker than if you parked in Denver.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom