Non-Key Tweets | Page 724 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The two that will land on their feet are Texas and Oklahoma. The rest, not so much.

Kansas will, and perhaps Oklahoma State. Other will be competing with the upper echelon G5 for the last golden tickets.

Reaction Score
Right on target - Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Oklahoma State (the state government will force Oklahoma to save Oklahoma just like the state government forced Virginia to save Virginia Tech).

Reaction Score
Kansas will, and perhaps Oklahoma State. Other will be competing with the upper echelon G5 for the last golden tickets.

Kansas would've been on the outside looking in if the big 12 imploded a few years ago

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Right on target - Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Oklahoma State (the state government will force Oklahoma to save Oklahoma just like the state government forced Virginia to save Virginia Tech).
What do you base this statement on? Has the legislature or any representative every said this?

Regardless, it really isn't an equivalent situation. Remember that Virginia was already in the ACC and thus had a say in who was admitted. In that particular case, Virginia say was disproportionate given that were just barely enough votes for expansion. Virginia was, in effect, a de facto king maker. Okla won't be in the same situation.

I guess Okla could say if you want us you have to take Okla St. but does anyone really believe the B1G's response would be anything other than thanks for your interest?

CL82

Reaction Score
Kansas would've been on the outside looking in if the big 12 imploded a few years ago
Nah they'd be in the Big East, which would have survived if the Big 12 did not.

Reaction Score
Nah they'd be in the Big East, which would have survived if the Big 12 did not.

Well yeah, I meant that they weren't a school that the PAC wanted.

Man, the big 12 imploding would've been the best case senerio for UConn. I came across an article the other day from 2011 talking about rumors of Mizzou talking to the big east. What a crazy time that was.

Reaction Score
Greg Swaim is just slightly north of the Dude, and that might be a stretch.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Well yeah, I meant that they weren't a school that the PAC wanted.

Man, the big 12 imploding would've been the best case senerio for UConn. I came across an article the other day from 2011 talking about rumors of Mizzou talking to the big east. What a crazy time that was.
Pitt and Cuse leave and Mizzou and Kansas join. But a beautiful almost was.

Reaction Score
There are only 3 Big 12 schools that the B1G would ever consider:

Texas
Oklahoma
Kansas

The other 7 have no chance of a B1G invite.

I see Texas and Oklahoma. Why Kansas?

Reaction Score
Spencer Leone‏ @SpencerLeone Aug 27
@Expansion_Crush @flugempire @posas13 I dont want Oklahoma or Missouri getting anywhere near #B1G
Oklahoma police chief owns racist website, Raw Story reports

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire Aug 27
I understand you don't want OU, you have your valid reasons Spencer. But this is not one of them. Can't cast all state in this evil.

Hey, every little bit helps...But true. I'm wrong. Very opportunistic of me.

I can't remember Spencer..who do want to be 15 & 16?

Kansas is definitely #15 on my #B1G expansion list. #16 up in air. But I said must be in the East. UConn, WV, Buffalo, Cuse?

Daniel Mountcastle‏ @Expansion_Crush Aug 27
Replying to @SpencerLeone @flugempire @posas13
Of those, I would go for UCONN. I've said before that FB aside and only focusing on BB Kansas and UCONN are the best available

If OU decides to go SEC in 2024/25..it's going to get very interesting what B1G does in Expansion. They want 16. (Content + Added Footprint)

Daniel Mountcastle‏ @Expansion_Crush Aug 27
It won't be an SEC school. And it won't be an ACC, PAC12 or G5 school

It won't be SEC, ACC or PAC, I agree. G5?..probably not, however.. If OU decides to go SEC and B1G wants to expand, things get interesting.

Paul Hornstein‏ @pfh1964 Aug 27
Why does UCONN continue to be ignored?

UConn isnt being ignored. The cards just fell in a way where the ACC and B1G had more strategic/footprint moves

The gambled on Pitt/Cuse move shaking free a B1G school. The B1G retaliated going further East and protecting one of its brands

Replying to @SpencerLeone @Expansion_Crush @posas13
Out of those it would be UCONN. Syracuse staying in ACC. WVU would not be considered by B1G Presidents, although fine University for State.

LGMichael‏ @mhallisy1 Aug 27
WVU. Now THAT would be interesting. Also be interesting to see if the Dude's head would explode.

Replying to @mhallisy1 @Expansion_Crush and
WVU is very important to its state. Fine institution, very important university for its region.

LGMichael‏ @mhallisy1 Aug 27
Completely agree. They'd also have some good rivalries with PSU, Rutgers, etc. B1G could do a lot worse than inviting them.

B10 Presidents won't be inviting WVU because it's not a fit in Research. But WVU does have value and hopefully ACC comes a calling for them

Spencer Leone‏ @SpencerLeone Aug 29
Future #B1G football matchup, Greg? https://youtu.be/H3r3PePC_v8 #GoldenGophers #Buffalo

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 22h22 hours ago
No.

ME: Positive Connecticut talk for a change, just in time for the start of football season.

Reaction Score

CL82

Reaction Score
They are, but they're something of a legacy with Missouri and (formerly Nebraska). They're definitely in the bottom quartile by AAU metrics. Whether that means they might be on the chopping block, who knows. The CMUP report does a pretty good job of roughly outlining the pecking 0rder based on AAU metrics.

https://mup.asu.edu/sites/default/f...rican-research-universities-annual-report.pdf
2013 figures. Is there a more recent report?
(UConn + UConn Health @81, RU + UMNJ @41, UMass+? @40)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
2013 figures. Is there a more recent report?
(UConn + UConn Health @81, RU + UMNJ @41, UMass+? @40)

KU does better with the med center numbers. Like UConn, it is off campus in KCKS. But they joined the AAU in 1909.

Surprisingly, UMass, especially with the med school added, has pretty good numbers in that report.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 8h8 hours ago
MN AD Mark Coyle at State Fair was asked (WCCO) "..any changes to Big Ten's future of 14 schools?" Coyle "I think there will be long term"

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/904413014652329989 … Obviously Coyle was referring to future (2024/25) Big Ten expansion.

Gophers Forever‏ @RTBGophers 8h8 hours ago
Replying to @flugempire
Gimme Kansas and Oklahoma, please.

Will Nye‏ @willfnye 6h6 hours ago
i'd rather have virginia and north carolina but would be cool with this

Gophers Forever‏ @RTBGophers 6h6 hours ago
It'd stink to see the UNC/Duke ACC rivalry end.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 6h6 hours ago
ACC schools are all locked into their GOR's until 2036. None of those schools are attainable.

Will Nye‏ @willfnye 6h6 hours ago
i'm never gonna say never as long as delaney is involved

RedDirtSports‏ @RedDirtSport 23h23 hours ago
RedDirtSports Retweeted Lonely Tailgater

The Big 12 is not a conference. We're a loose confederation of teams held together by an every decreasing exit fee. To hell with everyone

CycloneJerseys.com‏ @CycloneJerseys 11h11 hours ago
Thanks in no part to our standard bearers rarely doing their part. Yes Texas and even OU, I'm looking at you.

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 9h9 hours ago
Replying to @CycloneJerseys @RedDirtSport
Issues of B12 go way beyond what happens on playing field. 1) Bottom half don't add large markets 2) Not filled with like-minded Schls

ESPN‏Verified account @espn
Before you declare Texas hopeless or give Baker Mayfield the Heisman, read this:
Don't overreact; it's only Week 1

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 5h5 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted ESPN

https://mobile.twitter.com/espn/status/904449465049907200 … Better yet ESPN, why don't you give B12 chance at survival by shutting down the albatross called LHN..& create B12N.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire 22h22 hours ago
Discussion with BTM tonight over Sushi has primarily centered around Texas and LHN. Some real good stuff. Recap tomorrow.

BTM: "LHN keeps declining. Distribution keeps dwindling. DirectTV just blew out its knee caps with distribution changes"

BTM: "Texas & ESPN are in a general agreement LHN won't exist past 2025. Life span may be shorter, but not longer"

BTM: "Quite evident. No belief in LHN long term. It's not being fed. No new investments in LHN. No installation behind walls."

BTM: "LHN status of "dead horse" is significant for realignment. It's gives some oxygen for UT to stay in Big 12, but not much."

BTM: "More true now than ever Texas acknowledges internally Oklahoma's future is in changing its conference affiliation."

BTM: "Oklahoma's decision on President will signify change. The forces of change in Norman have won the day"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom