Non-Key Tweets | Page 725 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
If it takes 11 votes of 14 to kick out Louisville...that would mean that 3 dissenters (other than Louisville's vote) would stop the process.

I could see a difficulty in getting 11 of the 13 to vote "out"....

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If Louisville abstains due to conflict of interest, they should not be counted in the denominator either.

13 x 0.75 = 9.75 = 10.

It depends how the provision is interpreted

Reaction Score
Under Roberts Rs...

....if the vote required is a majority or two thirds of the members present, or a majority or two thirds of the entire membership, an abstention will have the same effect as a “no” vote. Even in such a case, however, an abstention is not a vote.... and is not counted as a vote. [RONR (11th ed.), p. 400, ll. 7-12; p. 401, ll. 8-11; p. 403, ll. 13-24; see also p. 66 of RONRIB.]

Reaction Score
I hope Herbst and AD Dave are reaching out to ACC school presidents and quietly laying the ground work for us to get an invite (whether or not Louisville gets the boot).

I read in one of the articles posted on the BY the last couple of days that only 3 school presidents and ADs remain that voted on Louisville's entry back in 2012.

The ACC may now want to prove that academics is important to them again after inviting that academic dumpster fire.

Plus, did I read somewhere on here that the new ACC Network wants NYC content? Maybe I dreamt that.

But this could be the perfect storm.

Lastly, it's pretty much a given that the ACC school presidents will at the very least discuss kicking out Louisville. Whether they do or not is another story. Nothing riveting about the Dude's tweets.

Reaction Score
If AD Dave is reaching out to anyone, it will be to Auburn, Louisville, And Arizona to discuss who and where to send his resume to for the AD job opening.

Reaction Score
The ACC probably can't kick out Louisville...with UNC percolating as they have been....

And, would Miami vote against them? After their own escapades with boats and ho's?

For the football schools, the basketball side can go to hell as long as football continues ranked (now 22 straight weeks).

Basketball sanctions? Yessirree....kicked out? I doubt it.

Reaction Score
If AD Dave is reaching out to anyone, it will be to Auburn, Louisville, And Arizona to discuss who and where to send his resume to for the AD job opening.
That's a bit presumptuous to say the least. And why in hell would he (or anyone) want to go be the AD at Louisville in the current environment. I agree with the post above. I doubt that Dave rolls that way.

Reaction Score
We certainly didn't see Warde hang around for long, even after his strikeout with the ACC. AD Dave seems to be making strides here, so I would not be surprised to see him jump to be back in the P5 limelight. Don't trust anyone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Louisville? Why was it always his dream to manage a flaming pile of poo?

Auburn, on the other hand, scares me.

Reaction Score
I don't see any scenario where Louisville gets booted from The ACC. It would open a door that I strongly suspect schools like UNC and Miami desire to remain closed. Louisville is going to receive stiff penalties. Vacated wins, scholarship losses, and post season bans will all be on the table. They may also face financial repercussions from The ACC as well. They won't receive the death penalty as it effects other conference members negatively in both scheduling and broadcasting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't see any scenario where Louisville gets booted from The ACC. It would open a door that I strongly suspect schools like UNC and Miami desire to remain closed. Louisville is going to receive stiff penalties. Vacated wins, scholarship losses, and post season bans will all be on the table. They may also face financial repercussions from The ACC as well. They won't receive the death penalty as it effects other conference members negatively in both scheduling and broadcasting.
The way their 2018 recruiting class is running for the doors, they've already gotten one, of a sort.

Reaction Score
I don't see AD Dave making any move to a school involved with this fiasco, especially UL. Auburn may be a candidate depending on how deep they are with this stuff. It very well could be Pearl and staff going rogue and a simple clean house there would clear them. In that case, there's not much we can do if he wants that job.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏ @theDudeofWV Oct 7
I hear the ACC is very worried that the Louisville scandal is just beginning.

The ACC has a genuine fear that UL's athletic program will devastated top to bottom in both money sports.

This is very bad news for WVU potentially. Can anybody guess why despite the obvious GoR issue?

Bernardo4Real‏ @Bernardo4real Oct 7
Replying to @theDudeofWV
do we play them coming up?

No, if UL is devastated and given the death penalty in hoops & gets booted from ACC then ND gives them even # of members.

Julius Johnson‏ @JuliusJ85224635 Oct 7
ND is not giving up thief Independence in Football anytime soon. It's the Big 12 GOR which would keep us out of ACC if UL gets thrown out.

I agree... the potential is there though and if UL gets booted the ACC would be at even members if ND joined.

SDmountaineer‏ @SDmountaineer Oct 7
Replying to @theDudeofWV
There is a zero percent chance UL is kicked out of the conf. They will be penalized heavily, but not booted.

Bernardo4Real‏ @Bernardo4real Oct 7
I happen to like the big 12- I would like to stay.

Replying to @Bernardo4real
I love the Big 12, but I miss Pitt, VT and Syracuse. Call me old skool.

Big 12 GOR is our hurdle if ACC goes to uneven schools in next couple of years. ND has no interest.

Replying to @JuliusJ85224635 @Bernardo4real
Big 12 GoR isn't a hurdle...it's an insurmountable barrier.

Correct.

Reaction Score
The ACC has already told WVU multiple times they were not interested. WVU is just another Louisville except they haven't been caught yet.

Reaction Score
I can sleep tonight. The moonshine is flowing again

Fans of Uconn, USF, UCF, BYU. Cincy, Houston fear not. You will not be left behind.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
E5D9CB51-EE18-48AA-8AD8-1393E863AD75.png

Reaction Score
MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 26m26 minutes ago
It is time to return to share with you the rumblings of the college football world.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 23m23 minutes ago
Expansion isn't dead. It's just been in hibernation.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 22m22 minutes ago
Big12 stands to win B1G in the next few years. But they won't be the only winners.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
With the downfall of cable subscribers the next round of expansion will be expansion through contraction.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 22m22 minutes ago
PAC12 we hardly knew you.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
Dismal ratings. Horrible attendance figures. Network a disaster. Pac12 days are numbered.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 20m20 minutes ago
B10 stands to gain from Pac12 woes but so does B12 and maybe even ACC.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 19m19 minutes ago
There is currently one school I. The B1G that wants out. New AD has promised some that he will bring them back home

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 18m18 minutes ago
Mormons don't fear. The B12 has never stopped lines of communication. Still the most attractive option not locked up.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 18m18 minutes ago
Contiguous states be damned when B10 absorbs a new time zone.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 17m17 minutes ago
Would Colorado in B10 be enough to keep Husker fan base happy? Or is B12 return imminent?

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 16m16 minutes ago
I would like to again apologize to UC and BYU fans for the debacle I left over.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 16m16 minutes ago
It was a crazy day and multiple sources were confirming. Honestly it was so much closer to happening than you know.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 14m14 minutes ago
The real meat and potatoes concerns corn and steak.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 14m14 minutes ago
New AD has already reached out to people at UT and OU. Looking into mending bridges.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 13m13 minutes ago
New AD at Nebraska also has reached out to certain coach he once helped hire at another school

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 12m12 minutes ago
Within 5 years the landscape of CFB will change dramatically. Television money will start to decline

Streaming money will be the name of the game.

Compelling historical matchups will rule again.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 11m11 minutes ago
WVU will not be long in our current home.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 11m11 minutes ago
B12 will survive. Thrive even. But WVU will be playing regional rivals yearly again.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 9m9 minutes ago
Things are already in motion that will change everything. The NCAA may not survive but big-time College Sports will.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 7m7 minutes ago
Fans of Uconn, USF, UCF, BYU. Cincy, Houston fear not. You will not be left behind.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 6m6 minutes ago
When the dust settles most mid-major programs will still have a seat at the table.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 5m5 minutes ago
Power conferences will become power conglomerates. They Amy cannibalize each other and combine. It will be a new day

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 5m5 minutes ago
No one knows better than B10. It's why they went for the short tv deal.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 4m4 minutes ago
Conference branding will not be the major stream of income anymore.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 3m3 minutes ago
The true money will come from the streaming and tv rights for a new American College Athletics Association

Ok so I made up the name. But not the model.

It's closer to a reality than most know.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 2m2 minutes ago
When it does happen it will be a true split of about 80-90 schools that will no longer operate under the NCAA umbrella.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 59s60 seconds ago
But again. This is all a few years off. There are immediate things happening though.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 41s42 seconds ago
It's a very real possibility that in the short term Nebraska may negotiate its way out of the B10.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 1m1 minute ago
And if Nebraska did come home then B12 already has options to add number 12.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 45s46 seconds ago
the media and fans have turned against Nebraska in B10. TV money is nothing in the larger picture.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 now
There have even been whispers that WVU could take Nebraskas spot in B10 in a settlement for both sides and keep B12 at 10 members for now.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 28s28 seconds ago
It would mean a realignment of divisions for B10. And one of this is coming from B10 offices. Just Nebraska.

Murr‏ @MurrDCU 2m2 minutes ago
Would thing B1G would add more AAU PAC members instead.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 47s47 seconds ago
Replying to @MurrDCU
I don't think WVU would be traded. I don't think the B10 would want us. Just saying the idea was thrown out there by someone

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 1m1 minute ago
I wish I had time to share more but that's all I can do for now.

Panthersville‏ @Panthersville 9m9 minutes ago
Panthersville Retweeted MH ver3

You had me up until here.......craziest thing I've heard in a while. Big part of NB's problem in B1G is losing their AAU membership.

MH ver3‏ @MH ver3 8m8 minutes ago
Replying to @Panthersville
Keep reading on. I don't think it'd happen either just that the idea was floated to OU AD from Neb AD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom