Non-Key Tweets | Page 567 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I would too. Of course, I'd also stop buying season tickets and just go to the games in The Rent.
Buy the season tickets and I'll buy your Met Life tickets! It's a win/win.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
You want to know what changed UTs mind? 2 things. ACCN. And Pac12 schools seriously interested.

Even if we don't get any PAC this go round, we know they are interested and we need to solidify the conference for when their GOR expires

Houston is pulling out all the stops right now btw. Governor involved.

There are 3 clear favorites. UConn UC BYU. They all have the votes needed(8) if a vote was held today. Houston only has 4.

But it's looking like only 2 will get invited this go round unless PAC schools can be pried.

What I find hilarious is I'm not getting hardly any of the hate tweets anymore. Most hav been silenced.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
Fluid is not the word BTM is using... ...it's horse trading. A great compromise is going to be met within B12 conference.

Texas politics is going to push for UH inclusion..to get FOX/ESPN $ toward UH. In return UT politicians will collect IOU'S for the deed.

But the horse trading is just not happening only with UH candidacy. It's also happening with UCONN & BYU's. UC doesn't need help w votes

Texas wants UH...but to get UH to 8 Texas needs those who want UCONN (Kansas-WVU-OU) Horse Trading

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 60m60 minutes ago
It's why early this morning we discussed horse trading element. 4 with traction among B12 Presidents for various reasons....UC/UCONN/UH/BYU

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 58m58 minutes ago
According to OU contacts UT will also horse trade votes/support BYU candidacy. Again...UT would need to swing their support Eastward-UCONN

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 57m57 minutes ago
It's difficult to explain on Twitter. As illogical as it sounds...B12 needs to get to 14 to get to 12...you follow?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 56m56 minutes ago
The addition of 4 gives room for compromise/horse trading of votes to get UCONN/UH/BYU up to 8 votes each. UC does not need help.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 52m52 minutes ago
The President of Texas's comments on UH is opening salvo of B12 Horse Trading expansion...which is believed to end at UC/UCONN/BYU/UH

BostonCoug ‏@BostonCoug 51m51 minutes ago
@flugempire I follow. When do you expect an announcement?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 50m50 minutes ago
@BostonCoug BTM/OU contacts has said nothing on timing.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 47m47 minutes ago
Yes.. BTM/OU contacts said this morning., ..above all else UT wants to keep 2024 flexability. UH in B12 helps UT B12 exit in 24 if need be

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 43m43 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/756118619633782785… As BTM/OU contacts indicated 7 hours ago.. Horse Trading on votes has begun..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 39m39 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Tilman Fertitta

https://mobile.twitter.com/TilmanJFertitta/status/756229077430775809… It's all happening (horse trading) right in front of our eye on Twitter.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 37m37 minutes ago
Don't be surprised if you don't read/hear another public announcement of support from WVU/ISU or OU for a UC/UCONN or BYU coming shortly

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 39m39 minutes ago
Adding Houston would be an annoyance for OU/Texas but potentially program altering for Tech/OSU don't think Houston has the votes

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 35m35 minutes ago
@RedDirtSport UH does not have the 8 votes right now. But after horse trading with UCONN/BYU support within B12..UH will have the votes.

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 35m35 minutes ago
@flugempire Texas can't give up enough to ensure their entry

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 31m31 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Dan Patrick

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanPatrick/status/756227373758947328… This is everything OU contacts told us would happen. Deals will be made. The 4 with traction..UC/UCONN/UH/BYU

Zach Hedges ‏@zthedges 33m33 minutes ago
@flugempire How does having UH help UT exit?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 31m31 minutes ago
@zthedges I shouldn't have brought that up today. Ask me again in 6 weeks. Will tackle that subject later.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 28m28 minutes ago
This is not a race to 8 votes. UH/BYU/UCONN(according to OU contacts) can't get to 8 votes without other 2 coming along. Horse Trading.

junglehusky ‏@junglehusky 27m27 minutes ago
@flugempire So Cincy #DoneDeal?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 26m26 minutes ago
@junglehusky Unless UT says no to everything...yes..UC done deal. According to OU contacts.

junglehusky ‏@junglehusky 24m24 minutes ago
@flugempire Would you buy Wolken's UT poison pill conspiracy theory for a nickel?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 22m22 minutes ago
@junglehusky No But I do buy UH entry as helping UT exit 2024 if that's what UT choose to do in 24 But that duscussion is for another day

junglehusky ‏@junglehusky 20m20 minutes ago
@flugempire heh, too bad... as far as false flag conspiracy theories go, that's a pretty juicy one even for CR messageboard standards

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 18m18 minutes ago
@junglehusky HA!

Bill McRaven‏@billmcraven
Bill McRaven Retweeted Greg Fenves

I agree wholeheartedly with Pres. Fenves. @UHouston would be a welcome addition to the Big XII!

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2m2 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Bill McRaven

https://mobile.twitter.com/billmcraven/status/756241534551326720… And another one....

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
no offense to Cincy but Uconn and BYU are on a different level in 99 out of 100 stats. Cincy is better at football than CT. That's it. In any other possible metric, not even close.
Cincy's a top 50 research university & has triple our endowment as well. We beat them on undergrad pretty handily, but it's not like they bring nothing to the table academically.

I still think it's absolutely bizarre that the ACC hasn't brought both UConn & Cincy to the table. Bad long-term decision for them for a lot of reasons.

Reaction Score
It's pretty clear it's going to be UC and UH, isn't it?

I think it's clear it's going to be *at least* those two, but I think Greg is right that it might take getting to 14 to get anyone to agree on the teams involved. Most likely it will go to 14 or 16.

I also believe Texas and Oklahoma are gone in 2024 regardless of what people say, and that it does make sense if Texas is also interested in finding a landing spot for a surviving conference for fellow state institutions.

Reaction Score
no offense to Cincy but Uconn and BYU are on a different level in 99 out of 100 stats. Cincy is better at football than CT. That's it. In any other possible metric, not even close.

Cincy tho is infinitely better than BYU academically. And basketball too. And also recruiting territory.

Reaction Score
I think it's clear it's going to be *at least* those two, but I think Greg is right that it might take getting to 14 to get anyone to agree on the teams involved. Most likely it will go to 14 or 16.

I also believe Texas and Oklahoma are gone in 2024 regardless of what people say, and that it does make sense if Texas is also interested in finding a landing spot for a surviving conference for fellow state institutions.
You realize that both schools stand to lose a lot on the field by leaving the Big 12? It's extremely hard to go from being the big fish in the pond for like 100 years to being an outsider. Sure, they will be compensated. But it may never be the sme for either school. To me, both have more of an incentive to make this conference work than to leave. If things change for the better, I am not so sure either would want to leave. That's why this decision is so important. That's why it has to be BYU and UConn. Any other combination, including Cincy, gives them no hope long term. What's that mean? It means OU becoming second tier in the Sec. It means Texas become second tier in its own state. Who would have ever thunk it?

Reaction Score
It will be four and UConn will be one of them. This is a money grab pure and simple. So why would they leave $50m per year on the table when it's already been negotiated?

Reaction Score
Cincy's a top 50 research university & has triple our endowment as well. We beat them on undergrad pretty handily, but it's not like they bring nothing to the table academically.

I still think it's absolutely bizarre that the ACC hasn't brought both UConn & Cincy to the table. Bad long-term decision for them for a lot of reasons.

You have to keep in mind Cincy has some pretty solid corporate support. They keep it quiet, but P&G is about a 10 minute drive from their campus. Probably the biggest media buyer in the world. I've all along thought that if the acc got a network together, they would end up there. I suspect we are about to find out.

Reaction Score

UConn and Cincy to the ACC makes perfect sense. Think of it as a game of chess with NYC as the king. The B1G has made it's move with Rutgers(such as they are), if they lose UConn to the B12, they're shut out of the NY market entirely, check-mate, game over. Cincy would balance things out and provide a foothold into B1G country. But like I said, makes too much sense, so it'll probably never happen.

Reaction Score
UConn and Cincy to the ACC makes perfect sense. Think of it as a game of chess with NYC as the king. The B1G has made it's move with Rutgers(such as they are), if they lose UConn to the B12, they're shut out of the NY market entirely, check-mate, game over. Cincy would balance things out and provide a foothold into B1G country. But like I said, makes too much sense, so it'll probably never happen.

The ACC isn't shut out of NYC. They have Syracuse. They also just got a great new media deal without UConn. They're not inviting us. They don't need us.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 9h9 hours ago
@Dillon77 Think of UH as an anchor baby. With UH in the B12 UT has 4 kids to look after. Metaphor...Not disparaging UH, TCU, BU or TT.

@vegasrobert Wouldn't you also agree that if Abbott and Patrick get involved it means pressure on UT to accept UH?

@vegasrobert And that another Texas school in the Big 12 means more political ties for UT binding it to the Big 12?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 8h8 hours ago
@vegasrobert The economic impact of Texas leaving the Big 12 to the other Texas schools is real barrier for UT leaving.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 8h8 hours ago
@ctomdog None of the B12 schools really want to elevate a program in their footprint.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago
@snoopdoug44 @OmegaSupreme914 I know that in Dec Gee & Boren wanted UH to tie UT to the Big 12.

@Mountaineer_Ste If that's really Fenves. UH is in...

The UH news is good. Doesn't effect BYU I would think. Hurts UC, Memphis,UCONN & UCF.

@jjfuller72 @finebaum @BYU @Big12Conference UH not hype. But BYU is safe

@TAFKASirThinks The GoR will be extended. Once they get this all sorted out they will turn to that.

@TAFKASirThinks In all honestly the schools the B12 will add are all football schools.

@TAFKASirThinks UT wouldn't take it. UH is big news for what it means to the B12. UH is an anchor.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
On Monday ESPN and Fox will open the B12 television contract for renegotiation and assist in helping choose 2 new members.

BYU is the clear favorite and there are less issues than there were before. UC/Uconn/Memphis/UH/UCF/CSU also in the mix

Bowlsby spoke with Arizona and Arizona State reps the past two days and will be speaking with Colorado and another tomorrow.

Not sure who the other is but I have my guesses.

Talks with AZ and AZst went well and there is interest there for the future so it's looking like 2 will be all we add for now

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
Boren tells UT they will support UH addition but LHN needs to become B12N

ME: Imagine the palpable excitement that comes with leaving the likes of Stanford, Cal, Washington and USC to play the likes of Iowa State, Kansas State and West Virginia. I'm telling you. It's very enticing. :D

Reaction Score
On Monday ESPN and Fox will open the B12 television contract for renegotiation and assist in helping choose 2 new members.

BYU is the clear favorite and there are less issues than there were before. UC/Uconn/Memphis/UH/UCF/CSU also in the mix

Bowlsby spoke with Arizona and Arizona State reps the past two days and will be speaking with Colorado and another tomorrow.

Not sure who the other is but I have my guesses.

Talks with AZ and AZst went well and there is interest there for the future so it's looking like 2 will be all we add for now

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
Boren tells UT they will support UH addition but LHN needs to become B12N

ME: Imagine the palpable excitement that comes with leaving the likes of Stanford, Cal, Washington and USC to play the likes of Iowa State, Kansas State and West Virginia. I'm telling you. It's very enticing. :D

The WVU guys are smoking crack if they think Arizona and Arizona state are leaving the PAC-12 for the B12. Arizona is more like CA than like Texas. There is not a chance of that happening. It is more likely that OU and Texas with their state anchors (TTU and OSU) leaving for the P12 than the other way around.

Reaction Score
The WVU guys are smoking crack if they think Arizona and Arizona state are leaving the PAC-12 for the B12. Arizona is more like CA than like Texas. There is not a chance of that happening. It is more likely that OU and Texas with their state anchors (TTU and OSU) leaving for the P12 than the other way around.
To be fair, they probably are smoking crack

Reaction Score
West Virginia is not really the south....they border Pennsylvania and were union in the civil conflict. Heck, WVU is 50 miles from Pittsburgh.

But, saying that, meth is more common in the poorer areas of Appalachia because of economics. Like moon shine before it, anyone can cook the stuff up in a back shed in the woods.

Leave the heroin and cocaine to the metro areas that prevail in the northeast. And crack is the metro version of meth.

Reaction Score

This is my view as well. UT and OU are highly unlikely to concede any extension of future media rights with the upcoming expansion. I think this is their attempt at an amicable split with the rest of the little brothers of The Big 12 in the not so distant future. The addition of 4 schools now allows all of the current members to collect a larger check for the term of the current contract, allows the new schools to build their programs, and keeps the conference at a respectable 10-12 members should a few actually bolt in the near term.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

No. I don't think UH has 8 votes, unless the non Texas schools get UConn as well. That's Flug's point. Schools like KU won't support Houston. So expansion is dead. There are evidently no two schools that can get the votes. But if UT will support UConn, then schools like KU and ISU will support Houston.

Reaction Score
If it is a straight cash grab until GOR expiration...they go to four adds...and take $$$ from the Barbershop Quartet to divide among the current 10.

But, if there is the intent to actually build a strong conference, they take the best brands, markets, and athletics and grab the best four now.

And, if the intent is for them to build competitive P5 programs, don't be greedy about their portion of the distribution.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You have to keep in mind Cincy has some pretty solid corporate support. They keep it quiet, but P&G is about a 10 minute drive from their campus. Probably the biggest media buyer in the world. I've all along thought that if the acc got a network together, they would end up there. I suspect we are about to find out.
*Yawn*

Connecticut Fortune 500 Companies

45. United Technologies Corp. (Farmington), $61 billion
46. Aetna (Hartford), $60.3 billion
79. Cigna (Bloomfield), $37.9 billion
150. Xerox (Norwalk), $18.6 billion
152. Hartford Financial Services Group (Hartford), $18.4 billion
256. Stanley Black & Decker (New Britain), $11.2 billion
262. Praxair (Danbury), $10.8 billion
292. Charter Communications (Stamford), $9.8 billion
308. Priceline Group (Norwalk), $9.2 billion
353. XPO Logistics (Greenwich), $7.6 billion