Non-Key Tweets | Page 471 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 24m24 minutes ago
Because of certain issues (people) I'm taking all expansion related discussion off Twitter and moving it to Facebook with a private group.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 23m23 minutes ago
Why? To promote sane, intelligent conversation about CFB expansion issues without belligerence or agenda. Access will be strictly controlled

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 22m22 minutes ago
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1574964402819108/… I'm sorta new with facebook so forgive any hiccups that occur as I learn the platform.

ME: Oh, my! What would we do without the 'shine-addled fantasies of the Dood? :D

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Because of certain issues (people) I'm taking all expansion related discussion off Twitter and moving it to Facebook with a private group.

Why? To promote sane, intelligent conversation about CFB expansion issues without belligerence or agenda. Access will be strictly controlled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1574964402819108/… I'm sorta new with facebook so forgive any hiccups that occur as I learn the platform.

ME: Oh, my! What would we do without the 'shine-addled fantasies of the Dood? :D

He did this before. It didn't last long.

Reaction Score
Only in the world of Karmanos and Bettman would ASU make sense. Hopefully, the Big is smarter than the NHL

Reaction Score
Only in the world of Karmanos and Bettman would ASU make sense. Hopefully, the Big is smarter than the NHL

What the Big is getting is one weekend every year, or every other year, where their administrators get to fly to Scottsdale in the winter and have an event with alumni who care only about football. The travel for ASU will be awful. For a hockey team going at most once a year into warm weather, it's fine. If ASU is never really competitive in the Big Ten, it's only hockey -- the presence in front of local alums really makes it a can't lose.

Reaction Score

"To promote sane, intelligent conversation about CFB expansion issues without belligerence or agenda."

LOL that's great stuff. Especially coming from a clearly insane dumb*** who is on record stating that his efforts are tied to trying to bring about the destruction of The ACC Conference. At least he won't allow any belligerence or agenda in his discussion group.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I would love to know who on the Boneyard will be on his Facebook page. Most of us are blocked on twitter.....

Reaction Score
  1. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2m2 minutes ago
    2) Radio"UCONN could be added because of Acedmics & location.UCONN & Notre Dame both played & had talks with B10 officials in MN last year"

0 retweets0 likes

2. Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 7m7 minutes ago
    UCONN was mentioned again twice this morning as candidate for #8 in B1G HCKY. 1) Star & Tribune - "UCONN is established and good acedemics"

As a hockey season ticket holder I'd definitely be OUT on this move..unless it is an all sports move. HE is the perfect league for UConn...travel costs are about as minimal as you can get with everything being bus travel and the only full weekend on the road is when they play away at Maine. Total rivalry league...and UConn compete's where they recruit. Add to that the caliber of competition.

Reaction Score
  1. As a hockey season ticket holder I'd definitely be OUT on this move..unless it is an all sports move. HE is the perfect league for UConn...travel costs are about as minimal as you can get with everything being bus travel and the only full weekend on the road is when they play away at Maine. Total rivalry league...and UConn compete's where they recruit. Add to that the caliber of competition.

I agree in that I'm sure it would deter the hockey contingent. However, to me, nearly 600 pages of Non-Key Tweets (half of which are B1G related) have brainwashed me to believe that we cannot turn down that offer if it is presented to us. We would need to keep in the B1G's good graces for any chance of a permanent invite down the line. Just my 2 cents though. I see it from both perspectives.

EDIT: I'm by no means a real hockey fan. I'm a casual UConn hockey fan at best, much like soccer and baseball. To me, football/basketball lead my way of thinking.

Reaction Score
I agree in that I'm sure it would deter the hockey contingent. However, to me, nearly 600 pages of Non-Key Tweets (half of which are B1G related) have brainwashed me to believe that we cannot turn down that offer if it is presented to us. We would need to keep in the B1G's good graces for any chance of a permanent invite down the line. Just my 2 cents though. I see it from both perspectives.

Yeah, I mean from a purely competition perspective it would be a disaster. Lose our natural rivals and recruiting base.

Also, I don't necessarily buy into the fact that joining the B1G as a hockey affiliate will somehow lead to an all-sports invite. For example, if we join the B1G in Hockey and it leads to a million or 2 million folks in UConn land signing up for the B1G network to watch the games, why would the conference then turn around and invite us? If they have the cable boxes without us as an all-sports member, where is the incentive for them to further split up the pie by making us No. 15?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

EDIT: I'm by no means a real hockey fan. I'm a casual UConn hockey fan at best, much like soccer and baseball. To me, football/basketball lead my way of thinking.
I hear you, but I'm thinking it's a why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free, kind of a thing.

It would be a mistake to give the BTN an entry into the the Hartford/New Haven DMA and surrounding areas without a full membership. Now if this was step one of a binding agreement, I'm all in.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
So, playing devil's advocate here- BTN measures ratings in Northeast with UCONN Hockey games and some package of women's games and men's games (Big home games) to see first hand the power of UCONN nation. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
So, playing devil's advocate here- BTN measures ratings in Northeast with UCONN Hockey games and some package of women's games and men's games (Big home games) to see first hand the power of UCONN nation. Thoughts?
They get their ratings, get the BTN in the DMA, and have no incentive to invite anything but hockey.

Reaction Score
I was under the impression that UConn's investment in hockey in the first place had B1g written all over it. If they add hockey, one has to think the ultimate marriage is in the works as well.

Reaction Score

No problem if we are getting a full member share of BTN and B1G revenue...or getting our "buy in" share of the BTN $ along with a full member B1G revenue. BUT there is no way this works without that. Right now with ND gone...men's hockey may actually be a break even sport $ wise...heck it may even turn a slight profit (and I definitely mean slight). This is where UConn needs to be....not taking on HUGE travel debt for something (full B1G membership) that may never come to fruition. I'd MUCH rather see that $ which would be wasted on traveling as a B1G hockey member (what ever amount it turned out to be) put towards bond payments for a new on-campus facility.

Reaction Score
Outside of Flug and a couple of other random Minnesota people there's absolutely no traction behind UConn to the B1G as hockey-only team 8. The majority of those with real connections in the sport are pointing to ASU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom