Non-Key Tweets | Page 469 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
What if Texas agrees to expansion but only with football only members. Does the Big 12 take that deal?

Would UConn take that deal?

Completely ridiculous but I'll entertain the thought anyway because I just ate dinner and am feeling sleepy.

If UConn housed its sports as follows:

Football - B12
Basketball - ACC
Hockey - Hockey East
Olympic Sports - Big East

I think UConn would go from the Slumdog to CR Millionaire and champion of the phrase "good things come to those who wait".

Dooley

Reaction Score
Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando 3h3 hours ago
.@dennisdoddcbs You can't throw a TCU/IowaSt. or Texas/Baylor game on the same day as BIG10, SEC, ACC and PAC12 Title tilts and have impact!

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@TimBrando @dennisdoddcbs That's just silly. You mean that titanic ACC clash of Duke - FSU overshadows a Baylor - Ok State game? Or a WVU-Ok

Dooley ‏@DooleyMcStitch 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @TimBrando @dennisdoddcbs Point is valid. B1G Champ drew 8.7; ACC Champ drew 7.08. B12 needs a CG draw. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/12/06/tv-ratings-saturday-dec-5-2015/…

Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando 3h3 hours ago
@DooleyMcStitch @theDudeofWV @dennisdoddcbs @TVbytheNumbers CFB Conference Titles are treated like NFL playoff games by TV.It's that simple.

Dooley ‏@DooleyMcStitch 3h3 hours ago
@TimBrando @theDudeofWV @dennisdoddcbs @TVbytheNumbers Agree. The B12 needs to expand its footprint into large markets. UConn + ?? = B12Net.

It don't get much more non-key than quoting my random ramblings on Twitter.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6m6 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted USCHO.com

As we said:
ND/UCONN/ASU 2 out of those 3.
NBC is a wild card...NBCSN is a wild card in B1G TV media negotiations

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6m6 minutes ago

http://www.uscho.com/2016/03/22/sources-notre-dame-leaving-hockey-east-for-big-ten-in-2017/

As we stated before...ND Hockey TV deal with NBCSN is up for negotiations after 2016...
FOX & NBC relationship...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5m5 minutes ago
NBC/FOX relationship is drawing closer since their combo-dual TV contract with NASCAR.
Lots of balls in the air here..lots of possibilities

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4m4 minutes ago
We stated @flugempire that Delany was going after Notre Dame for Hockey...
Delany going after UCONN & ASU as well...who says yes?

A couple more hits and we may have to move Flug and the BTM to the key tweet thread.

Reaction Score
A couple more hits and we may have to move Flug and the BTM to the key tweet thread.

He nailed this prediction, early. He nailed the hard one, anyway. Why hasn't ASU been announced, yet?

I now think he has some inside info.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
What if Texas agrees to expansion but only with football only members. Does the Big 12 take that deal?

Would UConn take that deal?

I assume we'd take that deal in a minute. I don't see why in the world the XII would take our football and not want our hoops, but if they did then football is safe in a big time league and we move everything else to the Big East, if they'll take us, or if not the A-Ten. But the A-Ten plus UConn is a better basketball league than the American is now, and it's certainly more geographically concentrated.

Reaction Score
I assume we'd take that deal in a minute. I don't see why in the world the XII would take our football and not want our hoops, but if they did then football is safe in a big time league and we move everything else to the Big East, if they'll take us, or if not the A-Ten. But the A-Ten plus UConn is a better basketball league than the American is now, and it's certainly more geographically concentrated.
I'd sign that contract in blood.

Reaction Score
He actually broke Big Twelve wrestling expansion as well as Coastal Carolina moving up to FBS before anyone else. Those aren't huge things but they show he knows someone somewhere that feed him info.

Reaction Score
I don't see it happening but I almost hope the Big 12 does find a way to poach some ACC schools. Then the ACC can backfill with us and we'll be basically back in the old Big East.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
@DooleyMcStitch @Odharris1 @Doctor_alesmith
So much for the false theory that B1G would not add any non-AAU school even as an affiliate

Nope...this is not a "ND Only" agreement. B1G trying to get ASU HCKY on board - non AAU.

And B1G has talked with UCONN HCKY.
So no...it's not a "ND only" non AAU pathway to expansion

Some have told you all differently...but they were incorrect.
AAU first.....but not ONLY.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@pfh1964
And we truly don't even know if UCONN is even a bit interested. We never knew. Still don't.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know which hockey conference would produce the most revenue for UConn Hockey? I thought the B1G network paid out 2m per team last year.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know which hockey conference would produce the most revenue for UConn Hockey? I thought the B1G network paid out 2m per team last year.
Yeah BUT every road trip in the B1G is via airplane with a hotel stay. HE is by bus...with only the trip up to Maine where the team stays over. Take hotels and airfare out of the mix and the profit margin may be higher in HE.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Assuming the Big East would take our hoops, of course we'd do it. But the suggestion is preposterous. Our other sports all upgrade the competition level of the league, and provide valuable content for a possible network.

Reaction Score
Assuming the Big East would take our hoops, of course we'd do it. But the suggestion is preposterous. Our other sports all upgrade the competition level of the league, and provide valuable content for a possible network.

Of course it's preposterous. If the Big XII only wants football only members, it won't be us. Our value in selling the Big XII network in New York is based on basketball. Not football. New York City is not paying extra money to get 4 UConn football games a year.

Dooley

Reaction Score
In this fantasy scenario, why settle for a mid-major conference for our hoops? Why not call up Swofford's office? Or hell, call up Delany and make an offer. I would be absolutely stunned if any conference would not be highly interested in bringing in our two-headed basketball monster.

The Big East can go punt. If we're debating about fantasy world stuff, I'm not putting our two elite hoops programs in a permanent mid-major who airs games to a Public Access level audience. I'm putting them both in the ACC/B1G/SEC and will enjoy watching the majority of our games on channels that I am confident we all have on our basic cable lineup.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Of course it's preposterous. If the Big XII only wants football only members, it won't be us. Our value in selling the Big XII network in New York is based on basketball. Not football. New York City is not paying extra money to get 4 UConn football games a year.

Ultimately, fantasy world gets crushed with this. Our football is competitive and offers markets that huge brands would love to expand into, but its our hoops programs that ultimately deliver the "Wow factor". There isn't a P5 conference out there that would take just our football program without also significantly boosting their winter and March Madness content too.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't the acc want us as #16 as a basketball only and wouldn't that be better for us than than the big east or a10 since we are talking fantasy world lol?

Reaction Score
Wouldn't the acc want us as #16 as a basketball only and wouldn't that be better for us than than the big east or a10 since we are talking fantasy world lol?

Branding becomes an issue. No one cares about this in hockey, because so few people watch, but it's not at all clear to me that the ACC would be interested in helping to build UConn's basketball brand if that helps the Big XII compete in football in New York and New England. If this silly scenario was to play out, no other football conference would take our hoops. You would do a deal with the Big East if you could and the A Ten if you couldn't. And as I said before, the A Ten for hoops would be a step forward just in hoops from where we are now, and the Ten would be able to generate more money for its hoops if we were in it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Despite the absurd possibilities floating around out there, the recent activity suggests this to me: something is going on.

I don't think any of these yokels truly knows what is going to happen, but there is activity for sure. I think that is generally positive news for UConn. It is also evident, based on an unscientific view of various boards and comments, that the reality of what UConn brings is sinking in. We seem to be more acceptable to more people who previously scoffed at the idea.

Reaction Score
Yeah BUT every road trip in the B1G is via airplane with a hotel stay. HE is by bus...with only the trip up to Maine where the team stays over. Take hotels and airfare out of the mix and the profit margin may be higher in HE.

Penn St is likely a bus trip. It's about 6 hour bus trip between Storrs and State College. Unless UConn gets a direct charter flight to State College, its at least 6 hours by plane after taking into account check-in and a transfer (Newark/Philly/Dulles). Could also combine road trips into a single flight for some schools, such as Michigan, Michigan St, and Notre Dame, which are within 3 hours of each other.

Reaction Score
Penn St is likely a bus trip. It's about 6 hour bus trip between Storrs and State College. Unless UConn gets a direct charter flight to State College, its at least 6 hours by plane after taking into account check-in and a transfer (Newark/Philly/Dulles). Could also combine road trips into a single flight for some schools, such as Michigan, Michigan St, and Notre Dame, which are within 3 hours of each other.
Hockey is played on Fri/Sat even in the B1G. How can you tie together a road trip with one single flight and not be away form campus for a few weeks? B1G hockey isn't like B1G football or hoops. They have a shorter ride to Orono right now and they lay 2 games up there staying over night. UConn in the B1G for hockey would be like ND was in HE. If they want UConn as a full member that's one thing...but not for hockey. Besides..one of the BIG issues Jeff Jackson had with being in HE was recruiting issues...ie: they played little to no games in their natural recruiting terrority. Right now UConn competes in it's natural recruiting territory. Why change something that isn't broken. And oh yeah last thing...6 teams from HE made the Frozen Four tournament. B1G...just 1 Michigan who got the auto bid by winning the conference tournament.

Reaction Score
Hockey is played on Fri/Sat even in the B1G. How can you tie together a road trip with one single flight and not be away form campus for a few weeks? B1G hockey isn't like B1G football or hoops. They have a shorter ride to Orono right now and they lay 2 games up there staying over night. UConn in the B1G for hockey would be like ND was in HE. If they want UConn as a full member that's one thing...but not for hockey. Besides..one of the BIG issues Jeff Jackson had with being in HE was recruiting issues...ie: they played little to no games in their natural recruiting territory. Right now UConn competes in it's natural recruiting territory. Why change something that isn't broken. And oh yeah last thing...6 teams from HE made the Frozen Four tournament. B1G...just 1 Michigan who got the auto bid by winning the conference tournament.

Valid points. Was just looking at this from a transportation issue. Overall, unless the bottom is about to fall-out completely, UConn should only go to the B1G as a full fledged member in all sports.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914
If ASU comes along...B1G Alumni in Phoenix will push for BTN access everywhere.
This IS a big deal

@85bevo @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914
Meant...B1G Alumni in AZ will push for HCKY/BTN access everywhere in Phoenix.
My bad...

In the Star & Tribune article this morning it says ND would have probably joined B1G HCKY 3 years ago if B1G would have asked..

It also states B1G approached Notre Dame..B1G "sparked the conversation" with Notre Dame.
This happened late last year...as we tweeted out.

Steve Lance ‏@Slance66 · 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire @pfh1964 @DooleyMcStitch The question is, is the B12 flirting with UConn enough to make B1G pre-empt them with an all in offer?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@Slance66 @pfh1964 @DooleyMcStitch
No steam in this direction. We would say no...not at this time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Despite the absurd possibilities floating around out there, the recent activity suggests this to me: something is going on.

I don't think any of these yokels truly knows what is going to happen, but there is activity for sure. I think that is generally positive news for UConn. It is also evident, based on an unscientific view of various boards and comments, that the reality of what UConn brings is sinking in. We seem to be more acceptable to more people who previously scoffed at the idea.
I truly believe that @Dooley has impacted the Twitterverse.
To be clear, that doesn't have much effect on real world outcomes, but it does impact what we see and read.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom