Non-Key Tweets | Page 468 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The past few posts of the Dude's tweets make being banned by him=WINNING!!!
Ha, same here, and I blocked him a long long time ago. But then again, he does have at least 2 other Twitter accounts that he used to berate people with! So pathetic.

Reaction Score
I am a football season ticket holder and like going to games, but i can acknowledge that spending $18mm (which is probably conservative) so 20k UConn fans can party on a runway 6 times a year is not a good use of university resources.

You do realize that the $18 million in cost brings in about $19 million of revenues? Probably not.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Nelson - do you think UConn will ever be P5? Let's say in the next 10 years, to put a timeframe on it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson - do you think UConn will ever be P5? Let's say in the next 10 years, to put a timeframe on it.

If it doesn't happen in the next 2 years, then the answer is "no" if we stay in the AAC.

We will NEED to get more revenue, and the AAC is not delivering. I think we need to explore alternative structures for getting revenue. Every time I say "independence", everyone freaks out, but I am also telling you that the school is not going to subsidize a $20MM (likely $25MM) hole in the athletic budget for long. If we can't find a way to generate more money, then you are saying that UConn needs to shut down or downgrade the football program.

The only strategy I am 100% positive will fail is staying in the AAC long-term.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If it doesn't happen in the next 2 years, then the answer is "no" if we stay in the AAC.

We will NEED to get more revenue, and the AAC is not delivering. I think we need to explore alternative structures for getting revenue. Every time I say "independence", everyone freaks out, but I am also telling you that the school is not going to subsidize a $20MM (likely $25MM) hole in the athletic budget for long. If we can't find a way to generate more money, then you are saying that UConn needs to shut down or downgrade the football program.

The only strategy I am 100% positive will fail is staying in the AAC long-term.
So you don't think we'll be P5? Or you do within the next 2 years?

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
FSU board of trustees have told B12 liaison that ACC has failed to deliver on promises that were crucial to their signing of the GOR

And that the language in the ESPN contract leaves it open to be void if promises not kept.

FSU also saying that the TV contract revenue hasn't increased to the promised amount before ACCN was set to launch.

By TV contract amount they are referring to just the 3 tiers of broadcast rights. Not bowls, playoff $$, NCAA tourney $$, etc

This information is also known by the other conference up north.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
FSU is also saying they would prefer to stay with an intact ACC but will not do so at the risk of falling far behind in TV $$

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
Or if other defections occur.

Jeff Sweet ‏@Muleyak 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 i seriously doubt anyone in the ACC has discussed anything the the train wreck Big 12. SEC or B1G maybe. Big 12 doubtful

BrewDog ‏@BrewDog44 1h1 hour ago
@Muleyak @MH ver3 Being reported OSU/OU offered spots in PAC 12 or SEC. Why would anyone in ACC go to B12 if they leave?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 22m22 minutes ago
@BrewDog44 @Muleyak and Pac12 didn't want OSU/OU by themselves last time around.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 25m25 minutes ago
@BrewDog44 @Muleyak if B12 doomsday scenario occurred them of course no one in ACC would want to go

Jeff Sweet ‏@Muleyak 21m21 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @BrewDog44 playing devils advocate. Teams HAVE bailed and OK and Tx are bickering and looking around. Why would any1 want to join

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 15m15 minutes ago
@Muleyak because despite the issues a conf with UT/OU is going to be big $$. If stability and parity can be reached-very attractive

Brandon Bartlett ‏@BBartlett819 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 so is July 1 the big date(I believe that was deadline for the ACC Network)? Should this be the start of all the potential movement?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@BBartlett819 that also coincides with B12 decision and another conf new TV deal.

BrewDog ‏@BrewDog44 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 @BBartlett819 Hearing OU/OSU have offer from other P5 conference.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@BrewDog44 @BBartlett819 Gundys comments states that UT would find themselves in the PAC or SEC. He is alluding to the doomsday scenario.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@BrewDog44 @BBartlett819 I haven't heard that regarding OSU.

Scott MacHaggis ‏@ScottMacHaggis 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 Mike Gundy took the gloves off over the LHN. http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/3/22/11284056/oklahoma-state-mike-gundy-big-12-longhorn-network…

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@ScottMacHaggis you will hear more quotes like this from other B12 leaders. It is to pressure UT.

Lance ‏@lancefield03 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 Mighty $ rules all in college athletics!

BrewDog ‏@BrewDog44 1h1 hour ago
@lancefield03 @MH ver3 Sounds like SEC might be going after OU/OSU/FSU and one other ACC school if B12 and ACC can't figure out the money

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@BrewDog44 @lancefield03 where are you getting this from?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@BrewDog44 @lancefield03 I know OU has a standing offer from sec. OSU was not part of that.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@BrewDog44 @lancefield03 sec has zero interest in FSU.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@BrewDog44 @lancefield03 LHN to B12N and expansion is to keep that doomsday from happening.

Mike Rego ‏@MikeRegoEBN 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 Your take on Gundy going public with @dennisdoddcbs about LHN?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3
@MikeRegoEBN I think the longer UT holds out on a final decision the more you will see this type of pressure put on them from member schools

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Dennis Dodd

https://mobile.twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/712291286108143616… Yep. LHN has to go for B12 stability to happen.

Greg Flugaur added,

Dennis Dodd @dennisdoddcbs
Mike Gundy first coach to enter this arena: Says Longhorn Net a "failure." Its elimination is key to B12 stability. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...network-a-failure-big-12-needs-it-eliminated…

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire @dennisdoddcbs Gundy and Okie State are failures for running off CU, Nebraska, MIZZ, and A&M. Sided with the devil, now eat it

It's just so odd that Dude of WV forgot about all of our Twitter arguments in 2014/15 in which he told me I was a fraud to say LHN had to go

So odd....so odd. You would think the "professional"..the dude would have spotted how bad LHN was for B12 before 2016...everyone else did.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/writer/dennis-dodd/25526149/mike-gundy-texas-network-a-failure-big-12-needs-it-eliminated… What Mike Gundy is correctly stating is B12 has a marketing issue "RC Cola".. taste great but bad shelving location

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/writer/dennis-dodd/25526149/mike-gundy-texas-network-a-failure-big-12-needs-it-eliminated… Gundy says lots of truth...except you need to enlarge footprint to make B12N work beyond turning LHN into B12N

Buy yeah..Gundy speaks to truth. B12 needs to move toward what Boren is advocating...and can't fall short of doing it all.

Texas....Oklahoma....Kansas....won't be in the Big 12 if Conference does not grow in institutions-Footprint-Exposure-

King, Jeff ‏@JeffLurking 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire I still want to do a "sitdown" podcast with the two of you. Would be some must-listen for conference realignment fans

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@JeffLurking Dude has been pro individual 3rd tier rights for B12 schools for years...the guy is a complete doofus. I don't punch downward

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@JeffLurking No one has been more incorrect...hell...wrong about every facet of the B12 than Dude.

@JeffLurking We have broken more stories on Twitter in 2 years than Dude has since 2010. Dude is a complete waste of time...complete

You see...Boren was not senile...as some told you (Dude) as the saw their made up world collide around them... Boren has given B12 a chance

B12 has to...HAS TO...expand...expand in Eastern Time Zone..Acedmics + Market + Disposable income + Building relationships = UC/UCONN

I don't need a podcast...I state things very clearly. If we are wrong...flame me (we won't be) If we are right..we get nothing in return.

Do you Gundy is the only Coach/Leadership position person in B12 who is thinking what he just said? Of course not. Of course not.

I understand why Mike Gundy does not want Expansion...but you can't do a B12N with 5 states with the population as it stands.

Metrics will be kind to Boren's goals. UT will play ball or lead B12 implosion. We believe UT plays ball for now until 2026..at least "26"

Christian Goodman ‏@troyboy8ball 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire Does BTM have any thoughts on ACC stability? Will UVA/UNC be ok with earning much less than B1G & SEC? Would B1G take ACC teams?

@troyboy8ball We have no info on ACC stability. ACC GOR and Big 12 GOR are real. Only implosion of multiple schools wrecks the GOR's.

@troyboy8ball No one or two schools will challenge the ACC or B12 GOR. ESPN backs ACC internally much more than B12. Both have issues

Christian Goodman ‏@troyboy8ball 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire Landscape in 10 years will be interesting. How much $ will UNC/UVA/others be willing to eat to stay in their preferred conf?

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire we shall see who wants to sign a B12 GOR extension past 2024. That's the truth serum

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
Swofford is very concerned about the fate of ACCN. ESPN is leery of profit margin. How is that different from a potential B12N you might ask

B12N - by way of LHN - already has distribution. The low, low price of LHN outside of Texas means any B12N erases ESPN's annual LHN loss.

BHV believes a B12N would reach 50M cable homes at $0.65 a subscriber average. You do the math.

Now if only OU would make nice with Texas. Boren has been particularly quiet lately. Hopefully he's making amends.

Some question about that $45M payment to the ACC if ESPN passes on ACCN. Is it an annual payment or a one time thing?

Only two people know: Swofford and Skipper but we are likely to find out soon.

hristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 6h6 hours ago
As a reminder the Big 12 received a one time $60M bonus for signing the GoR. Fox and ESPN each paid $30M.

You have to think that, if the Texas-OU issues can be resolved, the Big 12 is a very good position in terms of a network.

We might even see a network without expansion. What if that's the price (that & $15M annually) that Texas sets for giving up LHN?

Do OU, WVU and the rest of the Big 12 take that deal? Do they even have a choice?

Just some things to think about as the ides of may approach (I made up the ides of may --- its really the ides of march).

What if Texas agrees to expansion but only with football only members. Does the Big 12 take that deal?

I'm very interested to find out if the rumored $45M payment to the ACC is a one time payment or money that's added annually.

I seem to recall an article that came out when the ACC first signed the GoR that it was a one time payment. But I didn't archive the story.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
For the record I do not know if the ACC payment is a one time or recurring thing. But I'm eager to find out.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
By the way Swofford says he believes P5 expansion is over - meaning movement between P5 conferences. Says he & Bowlsby are close.

John Bennett ‏@JBenn2228 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Keep your friends close and your enemies closer

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@JBenn2228 Indeed... or is it the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs 4h4 hours ago
Mike Gundy first coach to enter this arena: Says Longhorn Net a "failure." Its elimination is key to B12 stability. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25526149/mike-gundy-texas-network-a-failure-big-12-needs-it-eliminated…

Q Bailey/RetroSports ‏@southwvboy 4h4 hours ago
@dennisdoddcbs yo @theDudeofWV

@southwvboy @dennisdoddcbs LHN is a failure. it is key to Big 12 stability.

Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando 3h3 hours ago
.@dennisdoddcbs You can't throw a TCU/IowaSt. or Texas/Baylor game on the same day as BIG10, SEC, ACC and PAC12 Title tilts and have impact!

@TimBrando @dennisdoddcbs That's just silly. You mean that titanic ACC clash of Duke - FSU overshadows a Baylor - Ok State game? Or a WVU-Ok

Dooley ‏@DooleyMcStitch 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @TimBrando @dennisdoddcbs Point is valid. B1G Champ drew 8.7; ACC Champ drew 7.08. B12 needs a CG draw. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/12/06/tv-ratings-saturday-dec-5-2015/…

Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando 3h3 hours ago
@DooleyMcStitch @theDudeofWV @dennisdoddcbs @TVbytheNumbers CFB Conference Titles are treated like NFL playoff games by TV.It's that simple.

Dooley ‏@DooleyMcStitch 3h3 hours ago
@TimBrando @theDudeofWV @dennisdoddcbs @TVbytheNumbers Agree. The B12 needs to expand its footprint into large markets. UConn + ?? = B12Net.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
Exclusive look behind the scenes at the Texas-OU B12N talks....

CeKb7H2XIAA_gsm.jpg

Daniel Mountcastle ‏@Expansion_Crush 3h3 hours agoAtlanta, IN
@theDudeofWV I see Texas and OU going at it but what it's Baylor doing there lagging behind.

@Expansion_Crush That's Dr. Gee.... waiting to take out the wounded winner.

Daniel Mountcastle ‏@Expansion_Crush 2h2 hours agoAtlanta, IN
@theDudeofWV haha, sword in hand

Mike Ross ‏@Mike_ohio26 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV a network without expansion would have the same problems has the LHN solves nothing

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 17m17 minutes ago
@Mike_ohio26 I agree with you 75%.

Reaction Score
Pardon my ignorance on the subject but why doesn't Texas go independent?

If they're bringing in twice as much revenue from the LHN than any SEC school does from the SEC's TV deal, what incentive does Texas have to stay in the Big 12? What do they get out of it? I assume there's some additional stream they get from the conference plus it provides a home for all their non-football sports - anything else?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I am a football season ticket holder and like going to games, but i can acknowledge that spending $18mm (which is probably conservative) so 20k UConn fans can party on a runway 6 times a year is not a good use of university resources.

What are you going to say if we get into a P5 conference?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What are you going to say if we get into a P5 conference?

How the hell would I know? 2 of the 3 Internet "insiders" pushing the Big 12 expansion story have recently outed themselves as complete buffoons. After that, we have a Gopher fan and a Cincinnati message board poster that more or less agree with each other (and could be the same person), and a few oddball comments from the OU President to give us hope that there is a life raft out of this league. Herbst must have a reason for spending all this money on the athletic program, so I hope she knows something I don't.

It is funny how this Board blames me for the conference situation. I didn't cause it, I am just pointing out that the school can not continue to operate its athletic department in this much red ink for long. Everyone's solution to that problem is a southern mid-major conference that sold its content to ESPN for next to nothing. I am telling you that is a bad solution.

Reaction Score
Hey guys can you post a new thread letting everyone know when you're done arguing the same point over and over again?

I get it, Nelson hates the American and everyone else thinks its necessary to position us for a P5 invite down the line.

Honestly I'd rather read about The Dude's b*$#h fest with M H VER and Flug for pages instead of this.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
How the hell would I know? 2 of the 3 Internet "insiders" pushing the Big 12 expansion story have recently outed themselves as complete buffoons. After that, we have a Gopher fan and a Cincinnati message board poster that more or less agree with each other (and could be the same person), and a few oddball comments from the OU President to give us hope that there is a life raft out of this league. Herbst must have a reason for spending all this money on the athletic program, so I hope she knows something I don't.

It is funny how this Board blames me for the conference situation. I didn't cause it, I am just pointing out that the school can not continue to operate its athletic department in this much red ink for long. Everyone's solution to that problem is a southern mid-major conference that sold its content to ESPN for next to nothing. I am telling you that is a bad solution.
- No one here believes that the AAC is a viable long term solution. We all know that it's bad, even without you pointing it out. We all want out as quickly as possible.
- No one blames you for UConn's conference situation. We blame you for not once offering a solution that improves our lot in life. Your proposed method of solving that conundrum (dropping football) is worse than the situation we are currently in. Currently being the operative word.
- You never did say if you believe we will end up P5 or not (other than the odds decrease exponentially after the next two years). If UConn announces a P5 invite in the next two years, I would like a moderator to replace all of your posts for a one month period with the following : "I am a short sighted dunce who would rather quit than solve problems, yell "Fire!" instead of grab a fire extinguisher. If UConn took my advice of dropping football, UConn would have been permanently , and we would never have joined a P5 conference. I feel shame."

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I don't know if you were responding to CTMike's comment, because it's not responsive to my question. I asked what you will say if and when we get into a P5 and the big money starts rolling in. Will you admit that staying the course rather than shutting down the football program was a good idea?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't know if you were responding to CTMike's comment, because it's not responsive to my question. I asked what you will say if and when we get into a P5 and the big money starts rolling in. Will you admit that staying the course rather than shutting down the football program was a good idea?

Those weren't the only two choices, so I will not admit that.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6m6 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted USCHO.com

As we said:
ND/UCONN/ASU 2 out of those 3.
NBC is a wild card...NBCSN is a wild card in B1G TV media negotiations

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6m6 minutes ago

http://www.uscho.com/2016/03/22/sources-notre-dame-leaving-hockey-east-for-big-ten-in-2017/

As we stated before...ND Hockey TV deal with NBCSN is up for negotiations after 2016...
FOX & NBC relationship...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5m5 minutes ago
NBC/FOX relationship is drawing closer since their combo-dual TV contract with NASCAR.
Lots of balls in the air here..lots of possibilities

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4m4 minutes ago
We stated @flugempire that Delany was going after Notre Dame for Hockey...
Delany going after UCONN & ASU as well...who says yes?

Reaction Score
So much for the b12 bs about keeping their differences and opinions for themselves. I guess B(g)undy didn't get the memo.

Reaction Score
Pardon my ignorance on the subject but why doesn't Texas go independent?

Scheduling, more risk with fluctuating revenue, rivals may go bye-bye, access to the playoff, and the sweetheart deal that ND has with the ACC might not be as sweet.

And the #1 question... Would it void the LHN deal?

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Herbst must have a reason for spending all this money on the athletic program, so I hope she knows something I don't.

Wait, this is all Nelson's fault? Bastard.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom