Non-Key Tweets | Page 322 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
There was a blurb in the local North Jersey paper that the B1G is crediting Rutgers for helping the network sell 8 million new cable subscriptions in the NY/NJ metro area in 2014/2015.

pj

Reaction Score
There was a blurb in the local North Jersey paper that the B1G is crediting Rutgers for helping the network sell 8 million new cable subscriptions in the NY/NJ metro area in 2014/2015.

If they got $0.90 per household per month, that's only $90 million or so per year. Are they sure Rutgers is worth it?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
92 2/3 is more like it but yeah. Somehow I overlooked a decade. I blame Paul Pasqualoni or beer (or both).

Never blame beer, unless it's the cheap stuff.

Reaction Score
Go Temple. Philly is a very large dma, right?
Still think Big12 won't expand unless they know what the ACCn failure of starting up does for schools ability to leave the GOR sooner. If the promise was made that schools will have the network, and now there is not, there might be an escape clause. I could see both Fla State. decide to leave and play with the Big 12 with Notre Dame spurning another league to be with Texas again. Football teams first would think through what is in their best interest.
Whenever I read realignment theories, I wonder just how complicated these agreements are. I bet there are hundreds of clauses, restrictions, and metrics we know nothing about. For Florida State and Clemson to lock themselves down in such a turbulent time, I have to believe there are risk mitigating terms.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The ACC is stronger than the B12 right now. That doesn't mean it's safe, but no one is simply jumping from the ACC to the B12 without major realognment armageddon already in progress.

And by Armageddon, I mean something along the lines of Texas, OU, OsU, FSU, Clemson, VT, ND, (Texas little sister of your choice), Louisville, and WVU all deciding to ditch tobacco road along with the B12 wannabes and also-rans to firm a true GB conference. The first 7 might do it if they could find 3 more valuable schools than the last 3 I listed. Oh, and egos, they'd have to figure out the money and egos.

So no, its not happening.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@forrestatty Ask @DanWolken about the concerns within the ACC. If you care to look you can see the fractures in the conference.

@forrestatty the Big 12 May bluster & vent. But its far more profitable & offers a vastly better product than the ACC.

@forrestatty The ACC doesn't have to be concerned about the Big 12. They need to be concerned about the Big 10 & SEC.

@forrestatty The B1G is on record coveting ACC schools. They need southern expansion.

@forrestatty Finally read about the delay In the ACCN. ESPN may just payoff the ACC & pass.

@forrestatty @DanWolken The ACC GoR is valid only as long as the ACCN is a possibility.

@forrestatty Swofford told FSU & others it was necessary for ACCN. ACC schools received nothing for signing it.

@forrestatty Wrong. The president works for the BoT. Swofford had to pitch ACCN & the GoR to the board. He made promises.

@forrestatty Why is it nonsense? The promise of the ACCN was the only thing that kept more ACC schools from going to the B1G.

@forrestatty Ask around. You'll hear 2017 as the go/no go year for ACCN. Why? Maybe because the GoR has an opt out if no ACCN.

@forrestatty Your an attorney. Is a contract valid when the due consideration is not forthcoming as promised?

@forrestatty Can a state school like FSU assign rights without due consideration? Was FSU's BoT mislead by Swofford?

@forrestatty So why - in the absence of other evidence - do you deny a tie between the ACC GoR & ACCN.

@forrestatty Here's the story about why FSU signed the GoR. Necessary for an ACCN. No commitment from ESPN. Swofford made presentation.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 60m60 minutes ago
@forrestatty http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...obbies-florida-state-grant-of-rights/2113527/

Ok. So if the promised compensation doesn't occur is it valid? No. It's not.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 60m60 minutes ago
@forrestatty Tangible compensation must be exchanged for the rights. Florida law may even stipulate fair market value.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 58m58 minutes ago
@forrestatty FSU only signed the GoR because Swofford told them it was necessary for ACCN & if ACCN never happens that it's invalid.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 19m19 minutes ago
@forrestatty Read the story. BoT told GoR was necessary for ACCN. BoT sold on how much $ they would make.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 17m17 minutes ago
@forrestatty the link was implied. Maybe stated. Is the GoR valid without consideration? Is it valid if ACC misrepresented ESPN interest?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 16m16 minutes ago
@forrestatty Swofford brought a media consultant. Take a gander at the products of discovery from the UMD trial.

@forrestatty FSU could easily claim breech or misrepresentation.

Forrest Clinard ‏@forrestatty · 21m21 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV the GOR resulted in more TV money and a stable conference. That is pretty good compensation.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @forrestatty The money may have been for an option that may expire in 2017. Stable? That's TBD.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 15m15 minutes ago
@forrestatty And I've looked. So I tried to break it down to simple law. 1. Can a contract be valid with below fair market terms.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 14m14 minutes ago
@forrestatty 2. If a GoR was not required as part of a new TV deal. I.e. As a condition and due consideration was not paid is it valid.

@forrestatty and 3. If ACC misrepresented ESPN interest did it mislead FSU?

Forrest Clinard ‏@forrestatty · 18m18 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV 3 million per school plus stability. ACCN was not a promise. Why else would you have increased payout if no ACCN.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @forrestatty it increased $2 million. FSU didn't sign away its rights for 2 million.

@forrestatty So FSU signed away its rights for $3 million.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @forrestatty No because that's not what happened. FSU BoT is clear they signed GoR for ACCN.

Forrest Clinard ‏@forrestatty · 12m12 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV that may be clear to you. That's not what Barron said or anybody else.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago

Greg Flugaur Retweeted

The consideration is ACC schools will get a bump in pay during delay launch. This is not news..it has been known

So after months of the Dude zig zagging back and forth whether the ACC GOR is valid...today he says ACC GOR not valid without ACCN.
Wrong

ACC & ESPN working toward ACCN. Tough negotiations with Raycom...timing of launch all important. But ACC GOR is valid beyond 2017.

The ACC GOR is valid...even without a working ACCN.
ACC does need more REV...exposure great..REV not so good.
But ESPN is committed to ACC

Forrest Clinard ‏@forrestatty · 51m51 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV The GOR was not signed on the guarantee of an ACCN, only that one was necessary to even get ESPN interested.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 33m33 minutes ago
@forrestatty @theDudeofWV Exactly. GOR needed to be signed for ESPN to take a look...but if no ACCN a bump in pay is consideration

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 36m36 minutes ago
@forrestatty Regarding GoR there is too much we don't know. Compensation for signing GoR most importantly.

Forrest Clinard ‏@forrestatty · 36m36 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV well if you are saying we don't know why run around saying it's invalid?

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @forrestatty I'm getting to that. ESPNs president said ESPN owns all the rights to all ACC content.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 35m35 minutes ago
@forrestatty The increased payments from ESPN. Are they recurring? Or one time payment?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 34m34 minutes ago
@forrestatty What everyone misses is the link between the ACCN & the GoR.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @forrestatty So the payment must be on options for ACCN. When does that expire? 2016 is everyone's guess.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 33m33 minutes ago
@forrestatty Its also clear the ACC had to convince FSU to sign the GoR. How did the ACC do that?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 33m33 minutes ago
@forrestatty By projecting profits from a potential ACCN & telling FSU a GoR was necessary. The ACC says no promises were made.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 32m32 minutes ago
@forrestatty But they certainly told FSU a ACCN required FSU to sign a GoR. The ACC also told FSU it would be up by 2016-2017.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 31m31 minutes ago
@forrestatty there is no question FSU signed the GoR solely because of the projections & assurances made by the ACC.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 30m30 minutes ago
@forrestatty If ESPN passes on the ACCN that kills the ACC GoR. It only exists as an instrument to implement a network.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 27m27 minutes ago
@forrestatty Unlike the Big 12, SEC, P12 or B1G were the GoR was required for their respective TV deals the ACC GoR does what if no ACCN?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 27m27 minutes ago
@forrestatty The ACC doesn't have to worry about the Big 12. It has to worry about the SEC & Big Ten.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 25m25 minutes ago
@forrestatty Is a contract valid without compensation? Can a state school grant rights for intangible benefits?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 25m25 minutes ago
@forrestatty are the ESPN payments for the GoR or for an option for the ACCN? They are clearly for the option. Do you agree?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 24m24 minutes ago
@forrestatty FSU was turned down by the Big 12 & Big Ten. They wanted out.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 24m24 minutes ago
@forrestatty So is the payment by ESPN, in your opinion., compensation for the not picking up ACCN or for the GoR?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 17m17 minutes ago
@forrestatty So the question is if ESPN passes on the ACCN is the GoR valid? Is there a breech?

@forrestatty Because there is major concern among ACC schools about what happens if ESPN passes.

@forrestatty You can deny the central question all you like. But the ACC GoR depends on ESPN picking up ACCN by the end of A-year 20156.

@forrestatty Otherwise I'm certain rights revert back.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13m13 minutes ago
@forrestatty Clearly FSU is concerned about the delay. Clearly there is a link between FSU signing the GoR & ACCN.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13m13 minutes ago
@forrestatty I'll add this too. Off the record officials at VT & NCST have told me the ACC GoR isn't binding.

Reaction Score
Forrest Clinard ‏@forrestatty · 8h8 hours ago
@theDudeofWV lol. Didn't you try this in 2012? Big 12 is dead man walking but you keep talking ACC.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6h6 hours ago
@forrestatty Ask @DanWolken about the concerns within the ACC. If you care to look you can see the fractures in the conference.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6h6 hours ago
@forrestatty @DanWolken The ACC GoR is valid only as long as the ACCN is a possibility.

Ethan Moore ‏@_EthanMoore · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @forrestatty thats incorrect. The ACC GoR is effective until 2026-27 regardless of an ACCN.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@_EthanMoore @forrestatty That assumes it's valid. You guys are missing the smoke coming from the ACC.

@_EthanMoore @forrestatty Nobody can argue FSU signed the GoR to get profits from the ACCN. Despite what was said about no promises.

@_EthanMoore @forrestatty The fact that Swofford took a media consultant & projected ACCN earnings to FSU's BoT says a lot.

@_EthanMoore @forrestatty It says FSU signed the GoR because they believed an ACCN was forthcoming.

@_EthanMoore @forrestatty And the Big 12 doesn't want to expand with anyone. So whoever told you I said the Big 12 would raid the ACC lied.

@_EthanMoore @forrestatty The real danger to the ACC is the Big Ten & SEC. Both have profitable networks.

Reaction Score
This alone may re-start the fires around the XII - the first football playoff standings for 2015.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-state-buckeyes-alabama-crimson-tide-top-four

The two leading, undefeated XII teams have been jumped by a 1 loss Alabama team along with a 1 loss ND team. A weak OCC schedule is biting the XII teams now and the lack of a championship game will sting later.

1) Clemson
2) LSU
3) Ohio St
4) Alabama
5) ND
6) Baylor
7) Michigan St
8) TCU
9) Iowa
10) Florida

Reaction Score
From Notre Dame's perspective, if they finish at #5, does that mean that being part of the ACC and its championship game may have given them a chance at a top 4 appearance? By lets saying beating Clemson?

Reaction Score
From Notre Dame's perspective, if they finish at #5, does that mean that being part of the ACC and its championship game may have given them a chance at a top 4 appearance? By lets saying beating Clemson?
They won't finish 5th. It's almost impossible the way the schedules shake out. If they win out and the Big 12 teams crap themselves in one way or another, they'll get in over two-loss Alabama, one loss LSU, or even undefeated Michigan State if they beat OSU.

This will start the chatter among B12 people about expansion, but it won't go into full-blown panic mode unless one of their teams is left out again if they go undefeated. Their schedules are backloaded so for now they have that to fall back on. Something tells me though that even if one of their teams runs the table, they might not still get in.

Reaction Score
This alone may re-start the fires around the XII - the first football playoff standings for 2015.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-state-buckeyes-alabama-crimson-tide-top-four

The two leading, undefeated XII teams have been jumped by a 1 loss Alabama team along with a 1 loss ND team. A weak OCC schedule is biting the XII teams now and the lack of a championship game will sting later.

1) Clemson
2) LSU
3) Ohio St
4) Alabama
5) ND
6) Baylor
7) Michigan St
8) TCU
9) Iowa
10) Florida

Baylor was called out before the season started for having a terrible out of conference schedule as was the b12 as a whole. It shows up in those standings.

Reaction Score
They won't finish 5th. It's almost impossible the way the schedules shake out. If they win out and the Big 12 teams crap themselves in one way or another, they'll get in over two-loss Alabama, one loss LSU, or even undefeated Michigan State if they beat OSU.

This will start the chatter among B12 people about expansion, but it won't go into full-blown panic mode unless one of their teams is left out again if they go undefeated. Their schedules are backloaded so for now they have that to fall back on. Something tells me though that even if one of their teams runs the table, they might not still get in.
Meant to add, either ND moves up because of those circumstances, or they move down - almost no way they end at 5.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 schedule is back loaded and their toughest games are upcoming. Baylor is getting kicked for their purposefully woeful OOC scheduling.

There are automatic knockouts...TCU vs Baylor...Bama vs LSU.

I think that an undefeated TCU or Baylor will play....the SEC Champ will play, the Big 10 Champ will play....and if Clemson runs the table, they will play.

Obviously some conference will get left out....The ACC if Clemson loses, the PAC 12 if their champ doesn't rise, the Big 12 if TCU and Baylor lose one...

The SEC is declared "In" and were so declared preseason.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Dude's anti-ACC rants deserve their own category of "non-key".

Reaction Score
The Big 12 schedule is back loaded and their toughest games are upcoming. Baylor is getting kicked for their purposefully woeful OOC scheduling.

There are automatic knockouts...TCU vs Baylor...Bama vs LSU.

I think that an undefeated TCU or Baylor will play....the SEC Champ will play, the Big 10 Champ will play....and if Clemson runs the table, they will play.

Obviously some conference will get left out....The ACC if Clemson loses, the PAC 12 if their champ doesn't rise, the Big 12 if TCU and Baylor lose one...

The SEC is declared "In" and were so declared preseason.
If you are gonna declare the SEC as "In"..you have to also declare the B1G "In" as well!

Reaction Score
If you are gonna declare the SEC as "In"..you have to also declare the B1G "In" as well!

I did....they just were not declared preseason....

Some B1G teams don't have the SOS that the SEC Champ will have...current SOS (Sagarin)

Ohio State....68
Alabama.......9
Clemson.......28
Baylor..........104
Notre Dame....16
TCU.................53
LSU................37
Stanford........23

Reaction Score

Assume that Clemson wins out, they get a slot. Even should one of the XII teams remain undefeated (definitely out with a loss), they may have issues as realistically the undefeated team will only have 2 marquee wins (OK St & Baylor/TCU) as neither team has solid OCC games. Only Oklahoma seems to care about its overall strength of schedule and it also does not help that their other big name has having another off year. Now, say Iowa goes undefeated and upsets Ohio St in the B1G championship. Iowa gets a slot and a 1 loss defending national champion stays in the conversation for a bid. In the SEC, say LSU beats Alabama this weekend; but, is upset by a 1 loss Florida team in the SEC title game. Florida is in because it is the SEC, LSU is still in the conversation. Throw in a 1 loss PAC champion in Stanford and I think one of Ohio St/LSU/Stanford gets that 4th and final playoff spot over an undefeated Baylor/TCU team from the XII.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom