Non-Key Tweets | Page 269 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I still think they value another East coast presence. I do believe there's something to the Oklahoma/Kansas rumors, but they have no intention of stopping at 16 just for the sake of stopping at 16. If they get OU/KU, it would open up a Texas addition. I truly can see Texas & UConn rounding out the Big Ten at 16. Texas will either go to the ACC with Notre Dame becoming a full member or they'll join the Big Ten. In that scenario, I really would expect UConn being the other addition.

Not to say they wouldn't love Virginia and/or UNC, but it seems easier to pick off the Big 12 right now and let the ACC stay as the fourth major league.
I hope you're right...I just don't see UVA or UNC leaving the ACC for the B1G...they can get similar $$ in the SEC if they wanted. Adding OU and UT will help Nebraska recruiting in a MAJOR way. They get a chance to re-open up the fertile Texas recruiting grounds they had when they were in the B-12. The rest of those texas schools could join together with the AAC schools and recreate the Big 8 again.

Reaction Score
I hope you're right...I just don't see UVA or UNC leaving the ACC for the B1G...they can get similar $$ in the SEC if they wanted. Adding OU and UT will help Nebraska recruiting in a MAJOR way. They get a chance to re-open up the fertile Texas recruiting grounds they had when they were in the B-12. The rest of those texas schools could join together with the AAC schools and recreate the Big 8 again.

It would be more like recreating the SWC at the end!

Baylor, SMU, Houston, TCU & Texas Tech. It would be awesome if they'd poach Rice too. Then at least something nostalgic would come of it.

Reaction Score
I still think they value another East coast presence. I do believe there's something to the Oklahoma/Kansas rumors, but they have no intention of stopping at 16 just for the sake of stopping at 16. If they get OU/KU, it would open up a Texas addition. I truly can see Texas & UConn rounding out the Big Ten at 16. Texas will either go to the ACC with Notre Dame becoming a full member or they'll join the Big Ten. In that scenario, I really would expect UConn being the other addition.

Not to say they wouldn't love Virginia and/or UNC, but it seems easier to pick off the Big 12 right now and let the ACC stay as the fourth major league.

Hate to break this one, but ND doesn't have to join a conference and is free to remain independent according to the NCAA's College Football Playoff Director Bill Hancock. The story was up on The Bleacher Report a few hours ago. It also mentioned that Beamer @VT is not happy that they have special considerations... (Paraphrasing). Army and BYU were also mentioned as schools that can remain independant and have access to the playoffs. That info sucks but let's hope that there's more to it behind the scenes.

Reaction Score
Hate to break this one, but ND doesn't have to join a conference and is free to remain independent according to the NCAA's College Football Playoff Director Bill Hancock. The story was up on The Bleacher Report a few hours ago. It also mentioned that Beamer @VT is not happy that they have special considerations... (Paraphrasing). Army and BYU were also mentioned as schools that can remain independant and have access to the playoffs. That info sucks but let's hope that there's more to it behind the scenes.

I saw the story. And just because Bill Hancock (a puppet, btw) says they "don't have to" doesn't mean they won't end up doing so.

I don't "have" to work, but I'd be silly not to.

Furthermore, what's true today isn't necessarily what will be true tomorrow. There's already a growing mountain of belief that Notre Dame should be forced into a conference to be part of the playoff. Just because they don't "have to" today, won't mean in a year or two that can't change.

Reaction Score
I saw the story. And just because Bill Hancock (a puppet, btw) says they "don't have to" doesn't mean they won't end up doing so.

I don't "have" to work, but I'd be silly not to.

Furthermore, what's true today isn't necessarily what will be true tomorrow. There's already a growing mountain of belief that Notre Dame should be forced into a conference to be part of the playoff. Just because they don't "have to" today, won't mean in a year or two that can't change.

I hear you. That's why I said I hope there's more going on behind the scenes. I think if a Coach like Beamer is speaking up regarding his thoughts on the situation there MUST be more being discussed behind closed doors. Let's hope anyway.....

Reaction Score
adding the schools I have seen that would be left (TT, TCU, Baylor, ISU, KSU, WVU) would fill the geographical gaps pretty nicely in the AAC and make for a pretty good league.

Here's what that would look like.

AAC 18.png

Reaction Score
I still think they value another East coast presence. I do believe there's something to the Oklahoma/Kansas rumors, but they have no intention of stopping at 16 just for the sake of stopping at 16. If they get OU/KU, it would open up a Texas addition. I truly can see Texas & UConn rounding out the Big Ten at 18. Texas will either go to the ACC with Notre Dame becoming a full member or they'll join the Big Ten. In that scenario, I really would expect UConn being the other addition.

Adding Football powers OU and Texas would provide cover for adding both Kansas and UConn. It's probably the only way Delany gets to expand in the East short of adding UNC and UVA (which looks less likely with the demise of the Big 12). If the end game is 20, the Big Ten still has two spots available should UNC and either UVA or VT reconsider their options.

Reaction Score
I hear you. That's why I said I hope there's more going on behind the scenes. I think if a Coach like Beamer is speaking up regarding his thoughts on the situation there MUST be more being discussed behind closed doors. Let's hope anyway.....

For me, the most fascinating part about this is that not even the ACC is really going to go to bat too hard to defend Notre Dame. They want badly for them to join the league, so if the other leagues mandate Notre Dame has to join in order to be eligible, they're going to be like 'golly gee, we tried but we were overruled!' lol

Reaction Score
Adding Football powers OU and Texas would provide cover for adding both Kansas and UConn. It's probably the only way Delany gets to expand in the East short of adding UNC and UVA (which looks less likely with the demise of the Big 12). If the end game is 20, the Big Ten still has two spots available should UNC and either UVA or VT reconsider their options.

My thoughts precisely.

Reaction Score
Not too bad...9 true east teams and 10 true west teams.

I think I had 18 teams (maybe I missed someone). Of course this is hypothetical, but I would put Tulane in the West (with Houston) and Memphis in the East. In this scenario, WVU has at least 5 games within driving distance (6 if you count Memphis).

Reaction Score
For me, the most fascinating part about this is that not even the ACC is really going to go to bat too hard to defend Notre Dame. They want badly for them to join the league, so if the other leagues mandate Notre Dame has to join in order to be eligible, they're going to be like 'golly gee, we tried but we were overruled!' lol
I think the writing is on the wall...and all it's gonna take is for ND to knock out 1 conference affiliated team. The next year the conference reps on that committee will band together and force their hand. Then it's just a matter of when not if ND can read that writing. The other issue could be P-5 schools scheduling them outside of the ACC teams they have to play. If they screw over a Pac-12 team...and USC & Stanford get the word from Scott not to play them anymore that's 2 games they have to replace. If Scott calls Delany and Sankey and they agree to box them out...now they're in trouble. No way they can even make a case for the playoff as a Independent if they fill their non-Acc schedule with G-5 games. Conspiracy theory..yup...could it turn into reality...in a heartbeat!!

Last edited:

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Given the 3 scenarios, it's win, win, win for UConn.

B1G with Big 12 trio

ACC to backfill defections to either B1G or Big 12

Big 12 collapsed and best AAC option combine to form a conference which will have enough cache to be P5

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Given the 3 scenarios, it's win, win, win for UConn.

B1G with Big 12 trio

ACC to backfill defections to either B1G or Big 12

Big 12 collapsed and best AAC option combine to form a conference which will have enough cache to be P5
More like win, place, show but yeah.

Of course then there's the Cinci, Memphis, UCF and USF to the Big 12 scenario which would be like breaking a leg in the first turn and ending up as dog food.

Reaction Score
I think the writing is on the wall...and all it's gonna take is for ND to knock out 1 conference affiliated team. The next year the conference reps on that committee will band together and force their hand. Then it's just a matter of when not if ND can read that writing. The other issue could be P-5 schools scheduling them outside of the ACC teams they have to play. If they screw over a Pac-12 team...and USC & Stanford get the word from Scott not to play them anymore that's 2 games they have to replace. If Scott calls Delany and Sankey and they agree to box them out...now they're in trouble. No way they can even make a case for the playoff as a Independent if they fill their non-Acc schedule with G-5 games. Conspiracy theory..yup...could it turn into reality...in a heartbeat!!

Question as I have asked this before. Assuming that ND has a way out of the ACC GOR, which based on experience, they do, and the B1G adds Texas, Oklahoma, and hopefully UConn, is a conference that spans from NYC down to DC then over to Chicago and then down to Dallas and Houston attractive enough to lure ND or is the schism between ND and the B1G wide enough for ND to stay with a 'lesser' value conference in the ACC?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Question as I have asked this before. Assuming that ND has a way out of the ACC GOR, which based on experience, they do, and the B1G adds Texas, Oklahoma, and hopefully UConn, is a conference that spans from NYC down to DC then over to Chicago and then down to Dallas and Houston attractive enough to lure ND or is the schism between ND and the B1G wide enough for ND to stay with a 'lesser' value conference in the ACC?
Why would you do that? Why?

Reaction Score
I think if ND joins a conference they will join the ACC. Kyle's scenario he posted earlier actually makes a lot of sense. The only thing to ponder is UT...would UT go to the ACC over the B1G if the B-12 breaks up. In his scenario the joining of the remaining B-12 schools with the AAC school and aside from UT and A&M the remaking of the old SWC could be enough to make that conference the 5th in the P-5.

Reaction Score
If the b12 falls apart and only the P4 remain the acc is safe. So, why would they need to keep nd happy?

Reaction Score
I think if ND joins a conference they will join the ACC. Kyle's scenario he posted earlier actually makes a lot of sense. The only thing to ponder is UT...would UT go to the ACC over the B1G if the B-12 breaks up. In his scenario the joining of the remaining B-12 schools with the AAC school and aside from UT and A&M the remaking of the old SWC could be enough to make that conference the 5th in the P-5.

The Big Ten probably waives the 6-year buy-in for Texas since it will be giving up an equally lucrative combination of Big 12 and LHN TV deals.

Reaction Score
If the b12 falls apart and only the P4 remain the acc is safe. So, why would they need to keep nd happy?
The B-12 doesn't have to fall apart for ND's hand to get forced. All it is gonna take is for a team to get bounced out by them...then the backlash starts...like I said above in my previous post. They beat out a pac-12 team...then the Pac leans on USC and Stanford to stop playing them. Goes to Delaney and Sankey and says "we have your back if you have ours". This leads to the B1G and SEC telling their teams to stop scheduling ND...then outside of their ACC games they have to fill schedule with G-5 teams and can't get in to the Playoffs. And like I said before...is this theory conspiracy kitty worth..HELL YEAH...but it is also VERY realistic. And since they aren't a "full" member, I can't see Swofford going all out to help them by telling his football schools to act the same way towards the SEC, B1G, and Pac schools scheduling wise. Clemson will tell him to go duckK himself about their series with USC, FSU the same about playing the gators. This most likely the only way to force ND into a conference.

Reaction Score
The Big Ten probably waives the 6-year buy-in for Texas since it will be giving up an equally lucrative combination of Big 12 and LHN TV deals.
That is what would put UT in the B1G over the ACC.

Reaction Score
Why would you do that? Why?

First, curiosity killed the cat. Second, ND views itself as a 'national' program and the B1G in this scenario would be the most 'national' out of the P4 with schools from NY to TX. Adding Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas from the XII and then Missouri from the SEC (no GOR, academic value of the B1G and the opportunity to renew its rivalries with Kansas & Illinois could entice them) plus UConn (hopefully) leaves the B1G at 19 schools. They need 20. Logically, the B1G goes after a VA school from the ACC to solidify its mid-Atlantic position; but, ND would also add value, especially in the Northeast. Thus, who gets that last slot?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I think Nebraska would lay down on the tracks to stop Texas from joining the Big 10. Those two programs HATE each other, and Nebraska left the Big 12 almost entirely because of its hatred of Texas. The Pac 12 already passed on Texas and Oklahoma. Do you think Texas A&M wants Texas in the SEC? There is one league that will take Texas: the ACC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom