Reaction Score
Movietime Blues
‏@Movietime_Blues
@MH ver3 @Bluevodreal For Big Ten, expansion does not appear on horizon
For Big Ten, expansion does not appear on horizon

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h2 hours ago
@Movietime_Blues @MH ver3 Headfake they are active in talks.〽️

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @Movietime_Blues @MH ver3 I agree. Stay 'status quo'. No reason to leak, ruffle any feathers...YET. I'm thinking headfake.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 2h2 hours ago
@JonBCoker @Bluevodreal @Movietime_Blues @MH ver3 attacking like a cobra for shock value is much better. Keep quite, announce, then $$$$$

Dave Lego ‏@Lego1512 8m8 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @Movietime_Blues @MH ver3 everyone I know connected to BIG meetings has 0 exp info. Not that I have great sources to start with,

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 13h13 hours ago
Apple would ‘run the entire pay TV market’ if it brought out a TV and OS … This has ESPN scared to death... Big changes are coming, old ways will be gone.

lee ‏@Columbushokie 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal ESPN has the content that people want to buy. They would adjust to whichever system is in place. They will be fine

@Columbushokie true but they do not have a monolopy over it anymore and cash cow of forced $7 bundles is over. They have blood in the water

lee ‏@Columbushokie 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal I appreciate you passing on what you hear. Honestly I do. Just want a little more healthy skepticism on the part of some folks

@Columbushokie I can only tell you talks are real and moving fast. Does that mean deal is done? Nope but it is on.〽️

lee ‏@Columbushokie 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal I agree this is the final step to separate from the rest of the NCAA. It's happening now. Will force ND into a conference......

ME: He gotta keep attracting hits, right? :rolleyes:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can someone please explain this concept of a headfake? There are no legitimate outlets reporting any of this stuff. Who are they outfoxing? A few dozen people of Twitter?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's schools like WVA that give me hope that UConn is valuable to a P5 league and not just covering costs either.

No one can convince me that if UConn was playing in a P5 league that our revenue wouldn't top WVA and about half of the other P5 schools.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can someone please explain this concept of a headfake? There are no legitimate outlets reporting any of this stuff. Who are they outfoxing? A few dozen people of Twitter?

These guys are shadow boxing against each other. They each send out headfakes, to screw with the others. The real world continues, oblivious.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
TIFWIW but the rumor is an updated GOR is making the rounds at ACC schools and has 6 signatures. Notre Dames was the first.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 7h7 hours ago
Once again a certain"Twitter personality"is showing projected WVU revenues as TV $...when numbers are actually TV $+Conf Payouts (bowls ect)

But this is nothing new...many like to mix in the oranges with the tangerines to make the amount of oranges look bigger...

And when you talk B12 Tier 3 money for a school like WVU...it's $ which comes from a wide variety of "fruit" reality?..not all that great.

WVU Tier 3 $ includes everything...licensing + Coaches show..+ Live events. Big 10 schools all get licensing deals outside of BTN $

It's difficult to break down all of this on Twitter...so "some" choose to use Twitter as a vehicle to intentionally mix up the "fruit".

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6h6 hours ago
WVU/B12 projected payouts (TV $ Tier 1&2 + Bowls/BB Tourny ect) by end of their contract is roughly 45 mil. Go ahead and add Tier 3$= 52 mil

Now compare the 52 mil to B10 projections are just for TV money in 2028 for each school..which does not include Conf payouts + ind Licensing

This is why men like Bowlsby, Boren & Gee talk about a growing $ Gap years from now..instead of mixing up the "fruit" like Twitter CON Men.

Ok...that's enough math on Twitter on a early Wednesday morning. Back to work. National Softball Tourny starts soon...good stuff.

Kevin Brower ‏@kevinbro1898 6h6 hours ago
@flugempire a point that I like to bring up is how many millions do you really need to be competitive? Some point becomes overkill.

@kevinbro1898 True,but it's not just about competition...it's about growing opportunities your university can provide. Example: # of sports

@kevinbro1898 Again, I was just pointing out the truth in the words of Boren, Bowlsby & Gee vs "fruit mixing" by "Twitter personalities"

Manny Walker ‏@Manny_Insanity 4h4 hours ago
@flugempire @kevinbro1898 Exactly. It's about adding growth potential.

Expansion_crush ‏@Expansion_Crush 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire @kevinbro1898 true, B1G schools sponsoring more olympic sports than any other conference. SEC focuses on revenue sports first

Teddy Greenstein‏@TeddyGreenstein
Abundantly clear that ABC/ESPN might not be part of next B1G media rights package

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Teddy Greenstein

https://mobile.twitter.com/TeddyGreenstein/status/732953736444661760… So does NBC team up with FOX for 2nd half of Big Ten package(NASCAR package NBC/FOX)or NBC goes alone on 2nd half?

Seth Paulsen ‏@KUandUofAfan 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire @TeddyGreenstein if it happens this way, then this could be good news for the #BigXII, or more accurately schools not #KU #OU UT

BTM noted in Spring of"15"College Sports becoming old"AFL vs NFL"alignment NFL/FOX/PAC/B10/OU vs AFL/ESPN/ACC/SEC/UT Overlaps disappearing

Nick Baumgardner ‏@nickbaumgardner 3h3 hours ago
A lot of B1G ADs have been asked if ESPN/ABC will be left out of the next TV deal. No one's said that's impossible.

Brian HamiltonVerified account‏@BrianHamiltonSI
Northwestern AD Jim Phillips on ABC/ESPN's part in new B1G rights deal:

Civ8e7BUoAAtDwv.jpg

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Brian Hamilton

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianHamiltonSI/status/732956973071732736… "...we're at a different place and they're at a different place..." IMO, statement there says plenty..informative.

Brian Hamilton ‏@BrianHamiltonSI 3h3 hours ago
#B1G commissioner Jim Delany on media rights deal: “Obviously we’re prepared. We’re cohesive in our approach."

Teddy Greenstein ‏@TeddyGreenstein 3h3 hours ago
Delany on ESPN: “I wouldn’t talk about walking away from anybody or towards anybody during a negotiation. The market will decide."

Brian Hamilton ‏@BrianHamiltonSI 3h3 hours ago
#B1G commish Jim Delany: “You can be sure that those with great, great content will always, relatively speaking, be treated very well."

Nick BaumgardnerVerified account‏@nickbaumgardner
Delany says the Big Ten isn't discussing any expansion right now. Zero.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Nick Baumgardner

https://mobile.twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/status/732968656464973825… There you go @Bluevodreal & @Genetics56 It's not happening. No talks...no ACC raid.

Teddy Greenstein ‏@TeddyGreenstein 2h2 hours ago
Delany loves his baby, calling @BigTenNetwork “fabulous … creative. Interested in big events, big brands, great production value.”

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
I wonder if Delany will announce the B1G is adding Texas, OU, KU, UNC, GT, UVA & the Pittsburgh Steelers today.

greg ‏@85bevo 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV Why do you do this? You know the Minnesota guy is going to lash back!

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 24m24 minutes ago
@85bevo @theDudeofWV Why would I lash out? I've been tweeting for 2 years B10 was not expanding until GOR runs out on other P5's Conf.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 23m23 minutes ago
@85bevo @theDudeofWV Just because Dude has zero ability to read...and/or has no memory left from PED use is not my problem to deal with LOL

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 23m23 minutes ago
@85bevo @theDudeofWV This is why doing a podcast with Chris would be fruitless...the guy has no ability to remember who has said what.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
TIFWIW but the rumor is an updated GOR is making the rounds at ACC schools and has 6 signatures. Notre Dames was the first.

If, and that's a 'yuge' if, this is true, do we have to take the Jim from AOL guy seriously? He called this days ago.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

If, and that's a 'yuge' if, this is true, do we have to take the Jim from AOL guy seriously? He called this days ago.

Is making the rounds? So we are back in the 80's with inter office envelopes? So Swofford sent it to ND, who signed it and then forwarded it to who?

I guess when you haven't left your Mother's basement in 20 years you lose track of modern inventions like email

At least tell us that a GOR has been discussed & 6 schools are in favor of signing it instead of this BS.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Request: If virtual novellas are going to be posted, can there at least indicate at the top whether or not UConn is even remotely mentioned within any of the tweets?

We know that the SEC and Big Ten are light years ahead of the PAC 12 and especially the Big XII and ACC. We know that Jim Delany has someone else dab his nose with a gold-woven handkerchief, while Bowsley and Swofford use the shoulder strap of their own overalls and wifebeaters A-shirts.

Don't tell me how the sausage is made. Just plop that heavenly tasting intestine encased lump of fat and by-product in a bun and smother it with saute'ed onions, mustard, and barbecue sauce.

AFAIC, the only tweets that qualify as non-key are the ones that mention UConn. "The rest is just smokefilled coffee-house crap. (Thank you, Lt. Samuel Weinberg, A Few Good Men.)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is making the rounds? So we are back in the 80's with inter office envelopes? So Swofford sent it to ND, who signed it and then forwarded it to who?

I guess when you haven't left your Mother's basement in 20 years you lose track of modern inventions like email

At least tell us that a GOR has been discussed & 6 schools are in favor of signing it instead of this BS.

It's actually just a get well card for Billy Bud. That's why they can't email it.

Reaction Score
Request: If virtual novellas are going to be posted, can there at least indicate at the top whether or not UConn is even remotely mentioned within any of the tweets?

We know that the SEC and Big Ten are light years ahead of the PAC 12 and especially the Big XII and ACC. We know that Jim Delany has someone else dab his nose with a gold-woven handkerchief, while Bowsley and Swofford use the shoulder strap of their own overalls and wifebeaters A-shirts.

Don't tell me how the sausage is made. Just plop that heavenly tasting intestine encased lump of fat and by-product in a bun and smother it with saute'ed onions, mustard, and barbecue sauce.

AFAIC, the only tweets that qualify as non-key are the ones that mention UConn. "The rest is just smokefilled coffee-house crap. (Thank you, Lt. Samuel Weinberg, A Few Good Men.)

The thing is that nothing happens in a vacuum. What is going on with other schools has the potential to affect UConn, whether UConn is mentioned or not. (Not discussing whether there is anything true in the non-key tweets).

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Great pitch, I'm in! I say the AAC should add Colorado State and drop Tulsa.

You're joking but that is 100% a good idea. I am still dumbfounded how Tulsa ended up in The American. They are a small private in a non-major media market.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
Ok so getting more info on the new ACC GOR

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 20m20 minutes ago
ACCN is going to be launched officially within a year.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 19m19 minutes ago
Notre Dame signed first. Followed by all the old BIgEast schools with the exception of Miami

Schools have until 7-1-16 to sign

But some ACC schools not happy with having to pay so much up front for ACCN with no promise of large returns.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 18m18 minutes ago
New GOR will be as rock solid as B12,B10,Pac12. No backdoor like in current. Will run length of ESPN contract.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 17m17 minutes ago
Again TIFWIW it's all rumor coming from my old BigEast source-who's in AAC now but stays in touch with old BE schools in ACC.

James Stewart ‏@BoiseEnginerd 17m17 minutes ago
@MH ver3 so BIG10 expansion is dead?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 17m17 minutes ago
@BoiseEnginerd if all those signatures hit that GOR by July 1st then yes. For now anyway.

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell 17m17 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Hence the back peddle by Boren. It's about to get real one way or another. Have to think there's a real split in the conference

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 16m16 minutes ago
@geoffmitchell indeed. Boren was hoping for FSU and Clemson. Again.

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell 15m15 minutes ago
@MH ver3 of course downside is this points the B10 towards us. Not a positive proposition.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 14m14 minutes ago
@geoffmitchell our GOR is perfectly rock solid as well.

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell 11m11 minutes ago
@MH ver3 I agree but I simply wanted some post GOR stability. Network and expansion with FSU Clemson secures that. Nothing else does

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're joking but that is 100% a good idea. I am still dumbfounded how Tulsa ended up in The American. They are a small private in a non-major media market.

Why would Colorado State cost themselves money to play in the AAC?

Reaction Score
Why would Colorado State cost themselves money to play in the AAC?

Not sure how you're getting that. American has a more lucrative TV deal, more successful programs - aka more NCAA championship revenue - and on the whole top to bottom is a more competitive league in football and mens bball.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not sure how you're getting that. American has a more lucrative TV deal, more successful programs - aka more NCAA championship revenue - and on the whole top to bottom is a more competitive league in football and mens bball.

The deals are just about identical and they would spend the difference flying across the country playing every road game in a different time zone.

They would walk away from natural rivals who make geographic sense. You've got to be able to recruit - hey come here - you like flights to Phili and Greenville?

Today the football league is better - but recently it wasn't. It's not like that's a permanent outcome.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Mountain West has at least three programs that were offered invites to the American and declined them.

There's no chance Colorado State would entertain an offer from the American.

Tulsa is here because no one else wanted to say yes.

Reaction Score
The deals are just about identical and they would spend the difference flying across the country playing every road game in a different time zone.

They would walk away from natural rivals who make geographic sense. You've got to be able to recruit - hey come here - you like flights to Phili and Greenville?

Today the football league is better - but recently it wasn't. It's not like that's a permanent outcome.

Ignoring that the American's TV deal spread out over ESPN and CBS is over $1 million per year better than the Mountain West Conference, have you actually looked at our conference footprint recently?

The distance from Fort Collins to Boise and Vegas is about the same as it is to Dallas and the distance from FC to REno is about the same as it is to Houston.

And if you wanna talk recruiting, you think Colorado State may be interested in playing twice a year in Texas as opposed to zero times now? Not to mention giving them access to Ohio, PA and FL?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom