Non-Key Tweets | Page 523 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It's incredible that people believe the posts. I'd say it would make an interesting study - but pretty much you could just google Pavlov.

Because its fun. There is no reason to hang on here if you can't have a little fun. And so after four years of being Debbie Downer, I'm trying a new approach. Maybe something will shake loose. UConn is dead meat otherwise. The state is too small to keep this sports program alive a full decade in the woods.

Reaction Score
UConn is by far and away the best G5 school/program..

UConn is the best basketball program in the G5. No doubt.

And it has excellent academic credentials, but not nearly the best in G5. See Rice and other private schools. And your $436M endowment would be the smallest in P5. There are at least a dozen G5 schools with larger endowments.

In football, which is what drives realignment, UConn is not even close to the best G5 school/program. Zero Top 25 finishes. Off campus stadium.

UConn has significant market potential for certain P5 leagues. But then again, Connecticut is one of the bottom 10 states in population growth. And the population of Connecticut is not all that large to begin with.

If you add it up, UConn is a potentially attractive candidate for several P5 leagues. But "by far and away the best G5 school/program"??

Puh-leeeeze.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Because its fun. There is no reason to hang on here if you can't have a little fun. And so after four years of being Debbie Downer, I'm trying a new approach. Maybe something will shake loose. UConn is dead meat otherwise. The state is too small to keep this sports program alive a full decade in the woods.

So full circle - it's become hard to tell what posts are serious.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

And it has excellent academic credentials, but not nearly the best in G5. See Rice and other private schools. And your $436M endowment would be the smallest in P5. There are at least a dozen G5 schools with larger endowments.

In football, which is what drives realignment, UConn is not even close to the best G5 school/program. Zero Top 25 finishes. Off campus stadium.

UConn has significant market potential for certain P5 leagues. But then again, Connecticut is one of the bottom 10 states in population growth. And the population of Connecticut is not all that large to begin with.

If you add it up, UConn is a potentially attractive candidate for several P5 leagues. But "by far and away the best G5 school/program"??

Puh-leeeeze.

Athletically and academically combined.

Who cares where the games are played in relation to campus - and what the hell does the school's endowment have to do with how many games they win?

Bringing up Rice means you are a perfect fit for the nonsense that gets posted on this board. That's about the level of stupidity that passes for insightful.

Reaction Score
UConn is by far and away the best G5 school/program..

A Big 12 network is not viable with their 10 current teams and any combination/quantity of current G5 schools.

There is no ACC network deal coming that pays any additional money - but nobody is signing up for the Big 12.

Texas is going to make the Big 12 wait until the GOR runs out. When that approaches they will survey the landscape and decide what to do. They have no reason to give up the LHN - and they know Oklahoma is crying wolf. The Sooners have nowhere to go - this is why they make so much noise and this is why Boren keeps walking things back.

BTW - the carwash is completely made up. Sorry to ruin it for you.

You've made your opinion clear to us over and over and over again.

Many of us disagree with you and choose to believe that UConn will land somewhere. We're simply too valuable a brand (and market) to leave out.

Putting aside the argument as to who will ultimately be correct, this is a UConn conference realignment board. Since you vehemently believe that UConn is screwed and isn't going anywhere anytime soon, why do you bother to read this board?

More importantly, why do you continue to post?

On the CBS board, people delight in posting how much UConn sucks. Guess what? I don't go there anymore. If you don't want to read theories (however crazy) about possible landing spots for UConn in conference realignment, why do you read this board? Virtually every other CR board is full of posters stating that UConn has no chance. Why not go to one of them and converse with some like minded people? You can all congratulate yourselves every day that you're correct and have a circle jerk.

BTW, the Whalers aren't coming back, so how about you join the 21st century and change your screen name. (Seriously, it's been 19 years already.) As a comparison, UConn has been stuck in conference realignment hell for 6 years and you've already given up hope on them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You've made your opinion clear to us over and over and over again.

Many of us disagree with you and choose to believe that UConn will land somewhere. We're simply too valuable a brand (and market) to leave out.

Putting aside the argument as to who will ultimately be correct, this is a UConn conference realignment board. Since you vehemently believe that UConn is screwed and isn't going anywhere anytime soon, why do you bother to read this board?

More importantly, why do you continue to post?

On the CBS board, people delight in posting how much UConn sucks. Guess what? I don't go there anymore. If you don't want to read theories (however crazy) about possible landing spots for UConn in conference realignment, why do you read this board? Virtually every other CR board is full of posters stating that UConn has no chance. Why not go to one of them and converse with some like minded people? You can all congratulate yourselves every day that you're correct and have a circle jerk.

BTW, the Whalers aren't coming back, so how about you join the 21st century and change your screen name. (Seriously, it's been 19 years already.) As a comparison, UConn has been stuck in conference realignment hell for 6 years and you've already given up hope on them.

I guess you missed the 31st time I posted that I think UConn will end up in the ACC?

Not sure why my username matters but I don't think the NHL is ever coming back to Hartford.

I guess you can attack me instead of answering the questions I asked. Based on my game attendance the last 30+ years I don't really see why I need to make excuses for posting.

I continue to read and post for legitimate information - that sometimes I like to mock stupidity I guess is a character flaw.

I thought you were someone that would want to engage and share in intelligent conversation? Do you prefer no dissention to whatever crazy theory is being floated that doesn't meet any smell test?

Reaction Score

Puh-leeeeze.
Our athletic budget and revenue dwarves the rest of you scrubs.

Reaction Score

Puh-leeeeze.

Name some other states with more population than Connecticut. How many P5 schools in those states?

Go ahead, name some G5 schools and the area they pull from. There are 5 P5 schools in Texas.

Connecticut has a similar population to Oklahoma. But Oklahoma has 2 P5s and 1 G5 (Tulsa).

And Oklahoma also has pro sports, unlike Connecticut where UConn is the big sports draw.

Put it this way: SNY charges $2.60 a month for 1.3m subscribers in the state to show UConn sports on basic cable. UConn is a huge draw up here.

As for basketball, UConn is not only the best in the G5, it is one of the top 6 in the P5 as well. AND--the women's team gets higher ratings than the vast majority of G5 football teams.

Reaction Score

Puh-leeeeze.
Football isn't what drives realignment. Money is.

Throughout NCAA history, those two categories were nearly indistinguishable, but we're in a new era of realignment - one where Rutgers was a valuable commodity to the wealthiest conference.

It's not about wins and losses on the field, it's about which institution brings a conference the greatest revenue gain. And in that regard, UConn has no G5 peer.

Reaction Score

Puh-leeeeze.

Somehow this small state has the 21st largest DMA in the country, nestled between NYC at number 1 and Boston at number 8. We have a larger population than Utah and Kansas. In both of those states there is completion for eyeballs between multiple P5 schools. We don't have that competition. We are slightly smaller than Oklahoma.

The household per capita income in Connectcut ranks 4th. The DMA and income level translates into higher advertising dollars and carriage fees for a network. I would expect us to also provide positive financials for an OTT scenario. We have value in NYC, which is supported by the SNY deal. In these areas we are ahead of Utah and significantly ahead of Kansas and Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
From bluevod:

@JMSakakini I did hear yesterday talk of UConn to Big 12.

@Bluevodreal same here. I've also heard FedEx is making a push for Memphis. I'd like us and Cincy but I'm not getting my hopes up.

@JMSakakini what I heard was more than just tossing their name out.〽️

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Puh-leeeeze.

Bad arguments. Take a bunch of disparate things that UConn isn't #1 at and try to say that it means UConn isn't #1 overall? Not impressed.

Reaction Score

Puh-leeeeze.
I actually don't think "by far" expresses enough the distance between UConn and other G5 schools.

Reaction Score
And the population of Connecticut is not all that large to begin with.

FYI According to 2014 US Census Connecticut ranks 29th in population at 3.6 million. It is also surrounded by NY (4) @19.7; MA (13) @ 6.7 million and RI (43) @ 1 million. It is ranked higher in population than these notable states; Iowa, Mississippi, Kansas, Nebraska, West Virginia and Arkansas. Ranked 28th in population is Oklahoma at 3.8 million.

Connecticut is very small in area by surprisingly larger in population. Ranking close to the middle of US in population.

Reaction Score
Angry no...saddened that someone has such an attitude like this.

Oh...you didn't need to reaffirm everything again. You've made you thoughts very clear. Sad and clear.

You are saddened that when someone challenges me I point out I'm right a lot of the time?

I'm saddened that adults fall victim to internet scams like the car wash insider. It's pathetic watching people glom onto nonsense.[/QUOTE]
Come on Whaler deep down you want to believe and glom onto the same nonsense. LOL

Reaction Score
You are saddened that when someone challenges me I point out I'm right a lot of the time?

I'm saddened that adults fall victim to internet scams like the car wash insider. It's pathetic watching people glom onto nonsense.
Come on Whaler deep down you want to believe and glom onto the same nonsense. LOL
Adults clicking on spam e-mail links is way worse an epidemic.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

I'm saddened that adults fall victim to internet scams like the car wash insider. It's pathetic watching people glom onto nonsense.
Come on Whaler deep down you want to believe and glom onto the same nonsense. LOL[/QUOTE]

He's flat out too serious and takes himself too seriously. Calling people here stupid and pathetic over the carwash is an over reaction and suggests - at best - one doesn't understand how others choose to approach their UConn fandom.

Some want to mix serious discussion with fun. That is what the carwash represents.

As for UConn not in the B1G picture, I remain hopeful that its possible until we hear what the final tv deal is and how successful they are securing the deal with the cable operators in NYC and New England.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ignoring that I anger you - I'm right a lot of the time.
upload_2016-5-14_9-31-26.png

Reaction Score
Jay_256 (aka TigerBronco) needs an education...

jay_2563:10pm via Twitter for Android
5 things Memphis can offer Big 12 that nobody else can. FedEx, BBQ, Beale Street, Graceland and Civil Rights Museum. Lets see UConn top that

... and @Penfield --- "boiled" hamburgers. WTF?

These Memphis fans (especially this one) are becoming as much as an irritant as Rutgers fans.

He needs an intervention from Doctor @Dooley ;)

Reaction Score
It's incredible that people believe the posts. I'd say it would make an interesting study - but pretty much you could just google Pavlov.

Yes the carwash is fantasy, however it is feasible that a Wake Forest contact (its a bit old line in Renoldaland) may have once mentioned some positive news about UConn's future which led to serious embellishment.

In regards to inside info which some BYers may have , I have shared before what an acquaintance of mine (who is extremely involved at a conference) said to me about 6 months ago regarding UConn's future (which is pretty much public knowledge):

How about the Big 12? - No clue, but UConn would make a good travel partner for WVU.
Other conferences? - The legal agreements are so entrenched and complicated. Maybe something happens in 4 years.
So UConn's stuck? - Don't worry about UConn, its a strong state school and will be fine.

Would this person tell me anything specific and confidential - hell no, but his last statement saying UConn will be fine I think was said for a reason and not just a parting comment.

ps I think the 4 year date may have something to do with ND and its current arrangements.

Reaction Score
From bluevod:

@Bluevodreal same here. I've also heard FedEx is making a push for Memphis. I'd like us and Cincy but I'm not getting my hopes up.

@JMSakakini what I heard was more than just tossing their name out.〽️

Who is sakakini? Bluevod has had some insight into the b1g.

Reaction Score

I don't know, but he has a Husky Logo for his avatar. I was posting from my phone, so it's hard to cut and paste. I'll repost again from my computer - maybe it will make the conversation clearer.

Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal May 13

4 retweets 4 likes

Jonathan Sakakini ‏@JMSakakini May 13

1 retweet 3 likes

@JMSakakini what I heard was more than just tossing their name out.
303d.png
1f607.png

1 retweet 4 likes

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 13h13 hours ago

@Banta55 @Bluevodreal @JMSakakini there is nothing to tell. UCONN will be in IF the Big 12 expands. UCONN went silent = NDA.

Chris J ‏@MgoCJ May 12

@Bluevodreal is this a prediction or your thoughts?

0 retweets 0 likes

@MgoCJ both

0 retweets 1 like

Reaction Score
He is a UConn fan who lives in Hartford or the greater Hartford area. HUGE XL renovation backer...actually does't want to see a on-campus arena for UConn hockey..thinks that the hockey team should all go to the UConn branch for school so that the XL is considered their "home" arena. Also a HUGE return of the Whalers backer/conspiracy theorist. Has claimed on FB in the past to have a connection that's on the CRDA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom