Non-Key Tweets | Page 524 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
He is a UConn fan who lives in Hartford or the greater Hartford area. HUGE XL renovation backer...actually does't want to see a on-campus arena for UConn hockey..thinks that the hockey team should all go to the UConn branch for school so that the XL is considered their "home" arena. Also a HUGE return of the Whalers backer/conspiracy theorist. Has claimed on FB in the past to have a connection that's on the CRDA.
Tells you all you need to know about his sanity.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
These Memphis fans (especially this one) are becoming as much as an irritant as Rutgers fans.

He needs an intervention from Doctor @Dooley ;)

This guy and I have already exchanged hellos. Memphis fans (the 2 or 3 I've come across) have been about as dumb as they come. I try to avoid that particular fanbase, if I can. Thankfully, there aren't many of them and they just stick to the same silly things - FedEx and 2 years of football.

Reaction Score
You are saddened that when someone challenges me I point out I'm right a lot of the time?

I'm saddened that adults fall victim to internet scams like the car wash insider. It's pathetic watching people glom onto nonsense.
Come on Whaler deep down you want to believe and glom onto the same nonsense. LOL[/QUOTE]
Dumped whaler long ago... Funny when I see these one sided back and forth jabs knowing its whaler. Don't miss her at all. Sunshine and rainbows since!

Reaction Score
Incredibly important and correct point, but I'd add one thing. Fan base doesn't change for any school because you expand the conference. But I think everyone believes that it's possible that you can increase national interest by moving a regional conference into other reasons. Plus, monopolization increases profitability, and thus preventing someone else from having a monopoly can increase everyone else's profitability.

I may be about to out kick my coverage, but I don't believe the network/expansion candidate relationship and related analysis is based on increasing the fan bases of existing conference partners. It's based on the expansion candidates ability to add tangible value in the form of end-user connections to the network; and, secondarily, other sources such as bowl appearances and NCAA credits. Can/does Uconn generate enough interest within it's well-to-do, number-twenty sized DMA, to generate end-user numbers that make it attractive to existing conference members. Will Uconn increase revenue opportunities or dilute the value of a conference? Relevant questions.

Next, it is possible for a conference to increase or improve national interest if the candidate chosen, in a new region, has a significant national presence of its own.

Because of conversations about ESPN and chord cutting, and its possible effects, "end-user connections to the network" needs discussion.

There are two truths:
1) no content provider (conference) is going to give the stuff away, regardless of technology/transport;
2) while the end-user interface(s) will constantly change, end-users, especially sports fans, will want and be willing to pay for content.

So, it doesn't matter if the transport providers are using Dixie Cups-and-string, high frequency GHz transmission speed wireless or various protocols available to copper and/or fiber. If content providers are going to be paid, and transport providers are going to pay for content, then end-users are going to pay for transport, regardless of method, including streaming services. Kind of brings us back to the necessity of expansion candidates having comparatively large, well-to-do DMA's. In any event, the cable box count might drop, but impact on end-users paying for content will be negligible.

Oh, and end-users that opt for seemingly less expensive services should purchase a reverse chastity belt. There's a man with a barbed, un-lubricated pole on his way to your home.

Reaction Score
And sure..Juggalos and Noles are brothers...we wear face paint, go whoop, like doing a chop...
No idea how huskymedic's name came up quoted under my previous response. This thread's gone to (or been) hell, too. I apologize for clicking it. I'll try not to make that mistake again!

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
David Boren says he'll put feelings aside for sake of facts over Big 12's future

David Boren hasn't walked back jack.
Nothing has changed...Boren optimistic on data coming back ssying its a go.

Randy Watts ‏@randywatts7 · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire Might Be Hard To Find 4 Schools Who Will Add Value.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@randywatts7 If you don't add schools (content)to create B12N you are not squeezing out all the value you have in current 10 schools of B12

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
This something the Dennis Dodd's of the world (many of them) will never understand.
Bundling 3rd tier product

Mike Brem ‏@MikeBrem · 46m46 minutes ago
@flugempire @randywatts7 why is that true? I get the need for a network, but what's the model that says the Big XII must expand?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@MikeBrem @randywatts7
You need inventory...live content feeds the beast. AD $ only fools bucket during live events.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@MikeBrem @randywatts7 With a B12N you still owe/reserved so many live events for Tier1/2 with B12 current TV/Media partners

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@MikeBrem @randywatts7 B12N will gave shows (non live content) which is fine...it will help with branding Conferenceand schools...but..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 44m44 minutes ago
@MikeBrem @randywatts7 You need inventory and bandwidth of live content which drives demand in (and outside) future 7 states of B12 Country.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes the carwash is fantasy, however it is feasible that a Wake Forest contact (its a bit old line in Renoldaland) may have once mentioned some positive news about UConn's future which led to serious embellishment.

In regards to inside info which some BYers may have , I have shared before what an acquaintance of mine (who is extremely involved at a conference) said to me about 6 months ago regarding UConn's future (which is pretty much public knowledge):

How about the Big 12? - No clue, but UConn would make a good travel partner for WVU.
Other conferences? - The legal agreements are so entrenched and complicated. Maybe something happens in 4 years.
So UConn's stuck? - Don't worry about UConn, its a strong state school and will be fine.

Would this person tell me anything specific and confidential - hell no, but his last statement saying UConn will be fine I think was said for a reason and not just a parting comment.

ps I think the 4 year date may have something to do with ND and its current arrangements.

LOL - maybe the issue is that people here don't understand the concept of 'inside' information.

If you actually have 'inside' information - it's about things that actually happen. It's not the same things people can cook up on message boards that never happen.

Would UConn make a good travel partner for West Virginia? Sure - you can fly from Pittsburgh to Bradley. That's some solid inside info.

Tens of thousands of posts - not a single true inside word has been shared yet...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn is the best basketball program in the G5. No doubt.

And it has excellent academic credentials, but not nearly the best in G5. See Rice and other private schools. And your $436M endowment would be the smallest in P5. There are at least a dozen G5 schools with larger endowments.

In football, which is what drives realignment, UConn is not even close to the best G5 school/program. Zero Top 25 finishes. Off campus stadium.

UConn has significant market potential for certain P5 leagues. But then again, Connecticut is one of the bottom 10 states in population growth. And the population of Connecticut is not all that large to begin with.

If you add it up, UConn is a potentially attractive candidate for several P5 leagues. But "by far and away the best G5 school/program"??

Puh-leeeeze.
Tough to argue with that logic....:rolleyes:

Hey Houston had a heck of season last year! Congratulations on your undefeated season! Oh, wait, never mind.

upload_2016-5-15_10-52-29.png

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 May 13
ACC network is going to cost ESPN $200 million to launch. And then cost around $1m per week to run.

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 May 14
@MH ver3 @Bluevodreal ACC does not have the money to fund their own network. The ACC is continuing it's downward trajectory.

lee ‏@Columbushokie May 14
@Iamgrizzly1974 @Bluevodreal Keep saying it, maybe one day it'll come true.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal May 14
@Columbushokie @Iamgrizzly1974 saying what?

lee ‏@Columbushokie 23h23 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @Iamgrizzly1974 The ACC is NOT on a downward trajectory. Far from it.

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 19h19 hours ago
@Columbushokie @Bluevodreal Ya right, no network, isn't happening, DOA & B1G offering 3 x's the cash with world wide distribution.

lee ‏@Columbushokie 10h10 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @Bluevodreal ALL speculation. Every word. You must listen to political radio. Same pattern of repeating speculation as fact

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 9h9 hours ago
@Columbushokie @Iamgrizzly1974 Yep your right I made it all up . You got me. No tv deal no expansion.

greg ‏@85bevo 9h9 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @Columbushokie @Iamgrizzly1974 Ha! I knew it! This stuff is very complicated.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 9h9 hours ago
@85bevo @Columbushokie @Iamgrizzly1974 plus Big10 is probably going to have to fold. :)

greg ‏@85bevo 9h9 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @Columbushokie @Iamgrizzly1974 and they will turn the B1G network into the LHN!

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 8h8 hours ago
@85bevo @Columbushokie @Iamgrizzly1974 my gut still say's Texas comes. It has way to quiet on their front.

Tom ‏@TommyNole 6h6 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @85bevo @Columbushokie @Iamgrizzly1974 only if they can bring LHN with them. ACC appears to be holding together too.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 6h6 hours ago
@TommyNole @85bevo @Columbushokie @Iamgrizzly1974 you guys do realize Curtis has a impeccable source as well. This is far from over

greg ‏@85bevo 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @TommyNole @Columbushokie @Iamgrizzly1974 impeccable is a big word.

Tom ‏@TommyNole 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @85bevo @Columbushokie @Iamgrizzly1974 Im sure you trust your sources. I just sense ACC/ESPN holding tight. Swofford comments.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 5h5 hours ago
@Genetics56 @Bluevodreal @TommyNole @85bevo @Iamgrizzly1974 as a fan, I want ND, TX, GT, FSU. Maybe OU and UVA.

@Genetics56 @Bluevodreal @TommyNole @85bevo @Iamgrizzly1974 on 2nd thought...I'm not sure who would be the best additions. Lol

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 5h5 hours ago
@JonBCoker @Genetics56 @TommyNole @85bevo @Iamgrizzly1974 FSU, UVA ,GT, Unc still most likely with ND and I believe Texas in play.

Tom ‏@TommyNole 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @JonBCoker @Genetics56 @85bevo @Iamgrizzly1974 there's just not any evidence to support this. It woulda broke wide open by now.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
@TommyNole @JonBCoker @Genetics56 @85bevo @Iamgrizzly1974 no evidence to the public eye but there is plenty of prove.

CA Curtis ‏@Iamgrizzly1974 3h3 hours ago
@TommyNole @Bluevodreal @JonBCoker @Genetics56 @85bevo LHN costing ESPN $15 m lost each year. Something will happen, we will see.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 3h3 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @TommyNole @Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @85bevo definitely gonna be interesting moving forward see what changes happen

@JonBCoker @TommyNole @Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @85bevo B1G will have $45 m min per school to $60 m per school. Honestly who wouldn't want it

Tom ‏@TommyNole 3h3 hours ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @JonBCoker @Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @85bevo Disney/ESPN are motivated to get creative. Imagine ACC with some big adds. $$$

@TommyNole @JonBCoker @Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @85bevo ACC cannot fund the network. ESPN has no money. Last ditch effort here. Get real!

Tom ‏@TommyNole 51m51 minutes ago
@Iamgrizzly1974 @JonBCoker @Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @85bevo a company called Disney is flush with cash and will not lose this fight.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3m3 minutes ago
@TommyNole @Iamgrizzly1974 @JonBCoker @Genetics56 @85bevo you must not be a shareholder they are in real trouble. Their cash cow bleeding

@Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @TommyNole @85bevo @Iamgrizzly1974 I also still think Texas/LHN ($15MILL) Issue is still serious. Even with B1G

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 5h5 hours ago
@JonBCoker @Bluevodreal @Genetics56 @TommyNole @85bevo @Iamgrizzly1974 I think it makes it easier for Texas to fulfill buy in requirements

Matthew D Carlson ‏@mcgoblue 5h5 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @JonBCoker @Genetics56 @TommyNole @85bevo @Iamgrizzly1974 FSU still expected to be the 1st to announce? Any word on TV deal?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 5h5 hours ago
@mcgoblue @JonBCoker @Genetics56 @TommyNole @85bevo @Iamgrizzly1974 yes FSU legal team has given the green light. Hearing NBC leading

Tom ‏@TommyNole 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @mcgoblue @JonBCoker @Genetics56 @85bevo @Iamgrizzly1974 I'm sure they've kept their options open and try to use for leverage

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @mcgoblue @Genetics56 @85bevo @Iamgrizzly1974 don't scold me, but like @TommyNole said, find it hard to believe no leaks?

@JonBCoker @mcgoblue @Genetics56 @85bevo @Iamgrizzly1974 @TommyNole as been several leaks posted on here by others all over the country.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @mcgoblue @Genetics56 @85bevo @Iamgrizzly1974 @TommyNole I haven't seen any. Just hearsay in my end. What's the next step?

@JonBCoker @mcgoblue @Genetics56 @85bevo @Iamgrizzly1974 @TommyNole 2nd rights tv deal. Final word on ACCN and then first domino.

Reaction Score
Joe Byrd ‏@JAByrd2000 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal any thoughts on a timeline for those events?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 57m57 minutes ago
@JAByrd2000 I think summer you hear concrete details in 2nd rights tv deal. Language of expansion was written it first agreement with Fox.

David Azeez ‏@AzeezDavid 48m48 minutes agoNorthville, MI
@Bluevodreal what about Oklahoma and work they join big ten

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 10m10 minutes ago
@AzeezDavid Okl was in talks but sounds like regents are pausing or big10 is passing or both. Could change it is fluid.

ME: So he now says this summer it happens. Oh, and Curtis has good sources. ROTFLMAO. These Meechigan fans are a laugh riot. :D

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
ME: So he now says this summer it happens. Oh, and Curtis has good sources. ROTFLMAO. These Meechigan fans are a laugh riot. :D

How dare you take the saying of Fielding H. Yost and Bob Ufer and use it against Michigan! Fielding Yost, Bob Ufer and Bo "General George Patton" Schembechler will strike you down from football's Valhalla!

Seriously, though. This scenario is absurd on so many levels. I don't think that the ACCN, in any form, will allow the schools, to catch what the SEC and Big10 are doing. The thing is, they seem to like each other and the alpha dogs seem to be OK with what they are earning. I have thought for awhile now that the Big12 conference was in the most precarious position and that Oklahoma was in play. UConn or Kansas would be #16.

Reaction Score
Hey look, did you see they put lights and a fountain outside!!?!?1!!??!![/MEDIA]
Like overpriced acne coverup on a pock-filled frosh face, nothing exudes stadia class as neon lights and fountain covering up a dilapidated dump. Yup, they'll make all of the difference in some vacuous heads. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Carson Ingle ‏@caingle · May 14
What $$ does #Big12 need to expand & possibly add #UCF? We crunch numbers next on The @SportsTalkFLA Insiders Show.

We discussed the single biggest driver of conference expansion, a Big 12 television network. Explaining the concept of third-tier rights, what the Big 12 has to earn on a network to make expansion viable and why it all is good news for UCF.

*Putting this in non-key tweets because I don't know who this guy is. Contains comments by Shane Lyons, WVU AD.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
... and then the Daily Campus reporter burst into flame under the withering stare...

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom