Non-Key Tweets | Page 522 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Especially since they have KC.
To be fair, with Texas, KC and Memphis BBQ in the same conference there's already a built-in rivalry. And the possibility for one hell of a road trip!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jay_256 (aka TigerBronco) needs an education...

jay_2563:10pm via Twitter for Android
5 things Memphis can offer Big 12 that nobody else can. FedEx, BBQ, Beale Street, Graceland and Civil Rights Museum. Lets see UConn top that

... and @Penfield --- "boiled" hamburgers. WTF?
th

Reaction Score
Jay_256 (aka TigerBronco) needs an education...

jay_2563:10pm via Twitter for Android
5 things Memphis can offer Big 12 that nobody else can. FedEx, BBQ, Beale Street, Graceland and Civil Rights Museum. Lets see UConn top that

... and @Penfield --- "boiled" hamburgers. WTF?
Everyone loves their city. I'm a big believer that every place has great things to offer. That being said, I've been to Nashville and Memphis. I loved Nashville (and I hate country music). I'm cool never stepping foot back in Memphis... and I like KC BBQ better (my favorite of NC, KC, Memphis). Never had real TX BBQ. The reason they mention Beale Street is that you can't walk anywhere else without protection (per a client I was visiting that wouldn't let me walk around).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
ESPN News is a valuable channel for ESPN. It generates ~$180 million of revenues for ESPN for very little production cost. They aren't giving that up for an ACC Network.

I didn't say they would. But if they wanted an ACC network - it would in theory generate more revenue than ESPNNews does and wouldn't require a $200 million dollar start up cost.

People seem to think the Big 10 and SEC are ahead because they have networks. It's the opposite reason - they have networks because they have the fan bases and interest to sustain them.

A Big 12 network would be a net negative for a lot of schools in that league. They can sell their tier 3 rights on their own for more than the Big 12 network would ever generate.

An ACC network is pointless. The games are sold - unless ESPN is going to pay them more for the games they already own - there isn't any benefit.

If ESPN thought a network was worth doing - they would have done it already.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, yes and no.

I think those holding the chips in CRA (texas) are waiting on the outcome of the ACCN and the B1Gtv contract before making the next move. And if either of those conferences take UConn as part of their tv build out, then the B12 is dead man walking. Any combination of removing us from the chess board and/or sealing in FSU and Clemson to the ACC puts the B12 in a very compromised place.

UConn is not that important of a piece. The Big 12 is no more stable with UConn than without them.

UConn to the Big 10 is an absurd concept at this point. It has been ridiculous for years - but it's holding onto a message board fantasy that never existed except in the minds of a handful of message board people who have talked each other into it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn is not that important of a piece. The Big 12 is no more stable with UConn than without them.

UConn to the Big 10 is an absurd concept at this point. It has been ridiculous for years - but it's holding onto a message board fantasy that never existed except in the minds of a handful of message board people who have talked each other into it.

Reaction Score

69 Mets Keep the Faith, and for you start the Faith

Reaction Score
People seem to think the Big 10 and SEC are ahead because they have networks. It's the opposite reason - they have networks because they have the fan bases and interest to sustain them.

Incredibly important and correct point, but I'd add one thing. Fan base doesn't change for any school because you expand the conference. But I think everyone believes that it's possible that you can increase national interest by moving a regional conference into other reasons. Plus, monopolization increases profitability, and thus preventing someone else from having a monopoly can increase everyone else's profitability.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
69 Mets Keep the Faith, and for you start the Faith

If you want to believe it's viable that's fine. I guess anything can happen.

But to act like the Big 10 is going to put the Big 12 out of business by adding UConn - that's combining two ridiculous concepts...

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
There is a reason the gift shops on Beale Street sell different version of this shirt.

Attachments

• smlmemphisgungold.jpg
    smlmemphisgungold.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 52

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If you want to believe it's viable that's fine. I guess anything can happen.

But to act like the Big 10 is going to put the Big 12 out of business by adding UConn - that's combining two ridiculous concepts...

UConn to the B1G won't put the B12 out of business, but it will make it much more difficult to develop a larger platform and presumably more revenue in future tv/media rights. We're the best chip left if you can get over the distance issue. There is no other low hanging fruit but for Boise State, Cincy, BYI, Memphis, USF and UC, all of which have real limitations when you look at all the measurements and particularly with respect to adding to the tv platform today (Florida has great long term projections).

Furthermore, an ACCtv deal which seals in Clemson and FSU would leave the B12 with only weak aforementioned cards to play.

Yes, the B12 will survive, but the growing revenue gap will create paranoia (permanent instability) and some real disadvantages.

I think Texas will make the B12 wait until the ACCtv is decided. I'm hanging my hat on the carwash pipedream for a ticket out of here in June. Someone makes a move - but I no longer think it will be the B12.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn to the B1G won't put the B12 out of business, but it will make it much more difficult to develop a larger platform and presumably more revenue in future tv/media rights. We're the best chip left if you can get over the distance issue. There is no other low hanging fruit but for Boise State, Cincy, BYI, Memphis, USF and UC, all of which have real limitations when you look at all the measurements and particularly with respect to adding to the tv platform today (Florida has great long term projections).

Furthermore, an ACCtv deal which seals in Clemson and FSU would leave the B12 with only weak aforementioned cards to play.

Yes, the B12 will survive, but the growing revenue gap will create paranoia (permanent instability) and some real disadvantages.

I think Texas will make the B12 wait until the ACCtv is decided. I'm hanging my hat on the carwash pipedream for a ticket out of here in June. Someone makes a move - but I no longer think it will be the B12.

UConn is by far and away the best G5 school/program..

A Big 12 network is not viable with their 10 current teams and any combination/quantity of current G5 schools.

There is no ACC network deal coming that pays any additional money - but nobody is signing up for the Big 12.

Texas is going to make the Big 12 wait until the GOR runs out. When that approaches they will survey the landscape and decide what to do. They have no reason to give up the LHN - and they know Oklahoma is crying wolf. The Sooners have nowhere to go - this is why they make so much noise and this is why Boren keeps walking things back.

BTW - the carwash is completely made up. Sorry to ruin it for you.

Reaction Score
UConn is by far and away the best G5 school/program..

A Big 12 network is not viable with their 10 current teams and any combination/quantity of current G5 schools.

There is no ACC network deal coming that pays any additional money - but nobody is signing up for the Big 12.

Texas is going to make the Big 12 wait until the GOR runs out. When that approaches they will survey the landscape and decide what to do. They have no reason to give up the LHN - and they know Oklahoma is crying wolf. The Sooners have nowhere to go - this is why they make so much noise and this is why Boren keeps walking things back.

BTW - the carwash is completely made up. Sorry to ruin it for you.

So if I am reading you correctly, you are saying there will be no ACCn or Big 12 network (because no G5 school would make it worth their while). You are also saying that Oklahoma has no where to go. Texas won't give in and is waiting for the GoR to run out. UConn will not be going to the B1G and finally the car wash is all a hoax.

The odds are the majority of your predictions will be correct. But there is a decent chance that at least one of them will be wrong and that UConn may just benefit from your incorrect prediction.

So as we hold out hope and try and entertain ourselves at a place that keeps us from even thinking the AAC is our final resting place. Thanks for being in mid season form with your know-it-all responses. You are just one cheery mother f'. e'r

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So if I am reading you correctly, you are saying there will be no ACCn or Big 12 network (because no G5 school would make it worth their while). You are also saying that Oklahoma has no where to go. Texas won't give in and is waiting for the GoR to run out. UConn will not be going to the B1G and finally the car wash is all a hoax.

The odds are the majority of your predictions will be correct. But there is a decent chance that at least one of them will be wrong and that UConn may just benefit from your incorrect prediction.

So as we hold out hope and try and entertain ourselves at a place that keeps us from even thinking the AAC is our final resting place. Thanks for being in mid season form with your know-it-all responses. You are just one cheery mother f'. e'r

I've said about 30 times I think UConn will end up in the ACC.

Ignoring that I anger you - I'm right a lot of the time. Maybe that is why you are so upset?

Do you or other people on this board ever consider the decision trees for the other institutions that are in play?

Why would Texas walk away from the LHN?

Who is going to invite Oklahoma? How do they walk away politically from Oklahoma State?

What media partner is going to invest in a Big 12 or ACC network? What cable company would pay for it?

UConn to the Big 10 is just absurd - if you don't get the math on that one it's not worth talking about.

Last and certainly not least - do you really think there is a Wake Forest insider that just happens to wash his car at the same time as a poster every other week? And every time they wash their cars he drops hints but doesn't really go on the record? And those hints over the last few months have pointed in about 3 different directions? I mean I find you annoying at times - but I never considered you stupid enough to believe the car wash nonsense. That's just someone having 'fun' and laughing at the reaction to his posts.

The fact he picked Wake Forest would be a good hint...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I bet on weekends you tell little kids that Santa Claus doesn't exist.

Nah - Santa Claus is way more realistic than the Wake Forest Car Wash Insider.

Reaction Score
Nah - Santa Claus is way more realistic than the Wake Forest Car Wash Insider.
The car wash posts were funny at first, now they're just annoying.

I don't know if uconn is going to be fine. Soon, with no p5 tv money, they're going to have some very tough choices on athletics.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="whaler11, post: 1694115, member: 676"
I'm right a lot of the time. [/QUOTE]

Angry no...saddened that someone has such an attitude like this.

Oh...you didn't need to reaffirm everything again. You've made you thoughts very clear. Sad and clear.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The car wash posts were funny at first, now they're just annoying.

I don't know if uconn is going to be fine. Soon, with no p5 tv money, they're going to have some very tough choices on athletics.

It's incredible that people believe the posts. I'd say it would make an interesting study - but pretty much you could just google Pavlov.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="whaler11, post: 1694115, member: 676"
I'm right a lot of the time.

Angry no...saddened that someone has such an attitude like this.

Oh...you didn't need to reaffirm everything again. You've made you thoughts very clear. Sad and clear.[/QUOTE]

You are saddened that when someone challenges me I point out I'm right a lot of the time?

I'm saddened that adults fall victim to internet scams like the car wash insider. It's pathetic watching people glom onto nonsense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom