Non-Key Tweets | Page 526 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The deals are just about identical and they would spend the difference flying across the country playing every road game in a different time zone.

They would walk away from natural rivals who make geographic sense. You've got to be able to recruit - hey come here - you like flights to Phili and Greenville?

Today the football league is better - but recently it wasn't. It's not like that's a permanent outcome.

Ignoring that the American's TV deal spread out over ESPN and CBS is over $1 million per year better than the Mountain West Conference, have you actually looked at our conference footprint recently?

The distance from Fort Collins to Boise and Vegas is about the same as it is to Dallas and the distance from FC to REno is about the same as it is to Houston.

And if you wanna talk recruiting, you think Colorado State may be interested in playing twice a year in Texas as opposed to zero times now? Not to mention giving them access to Ohio, PA and FL?

Reaction Score
You'll get some likes - but CSU got 2.2 million in TV money in 2014-2015. So where is the big difference?

Mountain West distributed $46 million and Boise State took home the most at $9.3 million.

So you're allowed to cherry pick one year as evidence of a trend, but I'm not when referring to n the field performance?

You neglected to mention that 2014-15 was the year Boise won the Fiesta bowl over Arizona, which increased overall payout. The fact is that the annual contract the American enjoys between ESPN/CBS is work more than the MWC's.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So you're allowed to cherry pick one year as evidence of a trend, but I'm not when referring to n the field performance?

You neglected to mention that 2014-15 was the year Boise won the Fiesta bowl over Arizona, which increased overall payout. The fact is that the annual contract the American enjoys between ESPN/CBS is work more than the MWC's.

The 2.2 million in TV money was 1.64 in ESPN and CBs plus the bonus from ESPN appearances. It doesn't include the bowl money.

Like I said the deal is marginally more in the AAC - but it's peanuts more. They would spend it 4 times over and put themselves in a worse position in every other way.

It makes no sense for them. They wouldn't think about it for two seconds.

There is some actual upside in the MWC deal - if you are good and ESPN picks more of your games you get more money. A deal that exists to keep the MWC teams from going to the Big East.... you might remember that it worked.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Movietime Blues
‏@Movietime_Blues
Big Ten Conference revenues rise 33% in one year Big Ten Conference revenues rise 33% in one year @bluevodreal @mhver3 @flugempire

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 43m43 minutes ago
@Movietime_Blues @MHver3 @flugempire Rev increase big part adding NY and some DC market that is why expansion is on...〽️

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 35m35 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @Movietime_Blues @MHver3 @flugempire Yep, that is why the B1G will expand soon. TV deal needs to get done first.

Nathan Brice ‏@NathanBrice3000 34m34 minutes ago
@sooner2016 Notre Dame appears to be the key.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4m4 minutes ago
Report today in finance on bundles said 56% of people would Not pay for ESPN channels and want skinny bundles or cut cord all together. Ouch

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
Schools have until 7-1-16 to sign

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 Hence the back peddle by Boren. It's about to get real one way or another. Have to think there's a real split in the conference

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
@geoffmitchell indeed. Boren was hoping for FSU and Clemson. Again.

Brandon Bartlett ‏@BBartlett819 31m31 minutes ago
@MH ver3 @geoffmitchell you think those two sign it with having to pay upfront and already the long delay

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell 26m26 minutes ago
@BBartlett819 @MH ver3 no clue

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 25m25 minutes ago
@geoffmitchell @BBartlett819 that's the million dollar question.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
Again TIFWIW it's all rumor coming from my old BigEast source-who's in AAC now but stays in touch with old BE schools in ACC.

Starfox207 ‏@Starfox207 53m53 minutes ago
@MH ver3 How is AAC poised to be now?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 46m46 minutes ago
@Starfox207 they've made no headway with MWC schools and their options if Uconn and Cincy leave are not great

Reaction Score
A group of candidates sure to have Big12 fans talking!

Colorado St? Didn't they just leave the conference?

Was East Florida not available?

What's better? The 3rd best athletic program in Tennessee or 6th best in Texas?

Bring 'em young? My uncle got put away for that.

Reaction Score
The Mountain West has at least three programs that were offered invites to the American and declined them.

There's no chance Colorado State would entertain an offer from the American.

Tulsa is here because no one else wanted to say yes.
Could say the same about Memphis and Houston but that doesn't stop them from thinking they're god's gift (and not the St John's forward). Memphis likes to think they were a Big East team. After years of begging, 0 dollars from Fed Ex, 6 schools leaving, 3 schools saying no, they were finally invited and still never had a patch on a uniform.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Could say the same about Memphis and Houston but that doesn't stop them from thinking they're god's gift (and not the St John's forward). Memphis likes to think they were a Big East team. After years of begging, 0 dollars from Fed Ex, 6 schools leaving, 3 schools saying no, they were finally invited and still never had a patch on a uniform.

No, I think Memphis and Houston came on their own merits.

The stretch in the conference is clearly Tulsa; bless their little souls, I don't know what they add to anything anywhere.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
TV has spoken loudly and said that only 5 conferences are worth even putting on television. Why do the rest of the schools bother?

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
SportsBizMiss 9:46am via Twitter for iPad
USF five-year plan includes looking at on-campus football stadium and conference realignment
USF five-year plan includes looking at football stadium, conference realignment

There is something wrong when you aspire to be West Virginia.... Also noticed that they did not mention they are 20 million below us in expenditure. The more Uconn is silent the better they are off. Everyone looks panicked and desperate!

"According to the document, USF's $46.9 million athletics budget for the 2014-15 academic year was slightly smaller than the average budget of six American Athletic Conference schools ($50.9 million) and considerably less than the average of four aspirant" institutions ($75.8 million). Aspirant institutions listed were Georgia Tech, Pitt, West Virginia and North Carolina State. Additionally, the $2.5 million USF received in philanthropic support in 2014-15 paled next to the average of the six AAC schools ($7.7 million) and aspirant institutions ($19.6 million).?"

Reaction Score
TV has spoken loudly and said that only 5 conferences are worth even putting on television. Why do the rest of the schools bother?

We are in about the 2nd inning of a game scheduled for 9. Predictably, major advantages are exploited & will lead to some in the Power 5 getting excluded.

We may be headed for no conferences. Are we headed towards the Euro Champions League form? Football wise - this AAC has more interest & eyeballs than projected. So ... Once again, a dumb Nelson Muntz few sentences.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We are in about the 2nd inning of a game scheduled for 9. Predictably, major advantages are exploited & will lead to some in the Power 5 getting excluded.

We may be headed for no conferences. Are we headed towards the Euro Champions League form? Football wise - this AAC has more interest & eyeballs than projected. So ... Once again, a dumb Nelson Muntz few sentences.

Reports are that that AAC is ESPN's most profitable property. The cost is so low, and ratings so much better than expectations, that it's the best deal they have by a big margin. I desperately want out, but we all know the gap on the field and even among fans is much less than the gap in payout.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If you want to believe it's viable that's fine. I guess anything can happen.

But to act like the Big 10 is going to put the Big 12 out of business by adding UConn - that's combining two ridiculous concepts...
So help me out Whaler, given your pessimism, why are you on this board again? Just to edify the rest of us?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So help me out Whaler, given your pessimism, why are you on this board again? Just to edify the rest of us?

What you quoted is only pessimistic if you have unreasonable expectations.

There has never been a single legitimate piece of information that would lead you to believe that UConn was going to end up in the Big 10.

The latest Big 10 contract should only make that clearer - if they get around to expanding again which might not make sense in 6 years they will have much better options.

Why is it so offensive that not everyone views every situation through blue lenses. Not everyone takes CR personally like many here and on twitter. I'm sorry that not everyone on a message board agrees with your worldview?

CL82

Reaction Score
What you quoted is only pessimistic if you have unreasonable expectations.

There has never been a single legitimate piece of information that would lead you to believe that UConn was going to end up in the Big 10.

The latest Big 10 contract should only make that clearer - if they get around to expanding again which might not make sense in 6 years they will have much better options.

Why is it so offensive that not everyone views every situation through blue lenses. Not everyone takes CR personally like many here and on twitter. I'm sorry that not everyone on a message board agrees with your worldview?
So we get it, you think the info in the Non-Key Tweets, thread isn't credible. I, for one, appreciate that key insight because I, apparently mistakenly interpreted Non-Key Tweets as "Really Important Tweets That Definitely Are Going to Happen Really Soon Because Idiots in the Basements Know Things." Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now that you've done so perhaps you can quit crapping up the thread telling us the same thing every few posts?

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So we get it, you think the info in the Non-Key Tweets, thread isn't credible. I, for one, appreciate that key insight because I, apparently mistakenly interpreted Non-Key Tweets as "Really Important Tweets That Definitely Are Going to Happen Really Soon Because Idiots in the Basements Know Things." Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now that you've done so perhaps you can quit crapping up the thread telling us the same this every few posts?

Nah I'll post what I feel like posting.

Feel free to block me or not read if it's so upsetting to you.

CL82

Reaction Score
Nah I'll post what I feel like posting.

Feel free to block me or not read if it's so upsetting to you.
Nah, I'm used to you being a . I thought I'd give you a shot at being less of one, though.

The point is you really aren't telling anyone anything they don't already know. But if it makes you feel better about yourself, feel free.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nah, I'm used to you being a . I thought I'd give you a shot at being less of one, though.

The point is you really aren't telling anyone anything they don't already know. But if it makes you feel better about yourself, feel free.

Do you actually read the posts? Because there are plenty of people who think UConn in the Big 10 is not only realistic but is actually pretty much done behind the scenes.

As for your name calling you might want to take a glance in the mirror.... I'm talking about the matter at hand and you want to make it personal.

CL82

Reaction Score
Do you actually read the posts? Because there are plenty of people who think UConn in the Big 10 is not only realistic but is actually pretty much done behind the scenes.

As for your name calling you might want to take a glance in the mirror.... I'm talking about the matter at hand and you want to make it personal.
:rolleyes:

Okay keep posting telling everyone how post of tweets in the non-key tweet threads aren't credible. You are really doing us all a public service.

Reaction Score

Given the number of missing posts recently, and the frustrated posts I'm seeing from others, I'm so glad I made Whaler my 3rd ignore on this board...

CL82

Reaction Score
Given the number of missing posts recently, and the frustrated posts I'm seeing from others, I'm so glad I made Whaler my 3rd ignore on this board...
Meh, Whaler actually posts interesting stuff sometimes. I'm just not sure why he's got such a woody over telling people that the non-key tweets in the non-key tweet threads are, well, non-key.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
:rolleyes:

Okay keep posting telling everyone how post of tweets in the non-key tweet threads aren't credible. You are really doing us all a public service.

Yes because I'm replying to posts that have tweets in them. Solid analysis. Why don't you stop mucking up the thread being critical of me?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom