Non-Key Tweets | Page 527 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Given the number of missing posts recently, and the frustrated posts I'm seeing from others, I'm so glad I made Whaler my 3rd ignore on this board...

People bragging about blocking people always makes me chuckle because it's always someone dopey. Pointing out the reasons why Colorado State wouldn't join the American is upsetting I guess.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Meh, Whaler actually posts interesting stuff sometimes. I'm just not sure why he's got such woody over telling people that the non-key tweets in the non-key tweet threads are, well, non-key.

One might wonder why you have such a woody over my posts.

Their conclusion would be fairly simple - I haven't pointed out that non-key tweets are non-key. But you'd actually need a 3rd grade level
of reading comprehension to understand that and enough self-awareness that the pot is calling the kettle black.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What you quoted is only pessimistic if you have unreasonable expectations.

There has never been a single legitimate piece of information that would lead you to believe that UConn was going to end up in the Big 10.

The latest Big 10 contract should only make that clearer - if they get around to expanding again which might not make sense in 6 years they will have much better options.

Why is it so offensive that not everyone views every situation through blue lenses. Not everyone takes CR personally like many here and on twitter. I'm sorry that not everyone on a message board agrees with your worldview?

I try to have a realistic perspective, and I think most people here do. Do I think UConn to the Big Ten is likely? No. Is it absurd? No. Here is why.
  • UConn helps fill coverage gaps for the B1G in a sizable market and SNY pulled in very impressive basic tier carriage fees in that market. UConn fans will pay to see the games.
  • UConn is the only even theoretical B1G candidate that plays D1 hockey (none of the ACC or Big 12 teams) and they need more teams (and schools in hockey markets). Don't say "hockey" doesn't matter, it does to the BTN.
  • UConn is shy on research and endowment but academics otherwise line up and it is trending better on research
  • UConn women's hoops is a force of nature for any conference with a network. Its worth millions all by itself.
  • Basketball success with national brand name. Very recognizable.
Does that mean that we're a stronger candidate than Texas, or UVA or UNC? No. Definitely not. But UConn is arguably more valuable to the B1G than to any other league, because of the BTN and hockey.

Meanwhile, looking at the other leagues (Big 12 or ACC...not including Notre Dame), you may note that 3 of my bullets involve market value to a network they don't have, or a sport they don't sponsor. If either of them get or plan to get a network, then UConn's value over other G5 schools is really significant. It's not close. With no network? Then issues like geography and football culture (derailed us vs. Louisville once before) can outweigh other advantages UConn has. UConn and BYU are well ahead of anyone else in G5 by most metrics. BYU comes with issues however. If you don't see that, then you being willfully blind.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes because I'm replying to posts that have tweets in them. Solid analysis. Why don't you stop mucking up the thread being critical of me?
No because you are in a Non-key tweets thread, which by definition aren't predictive, and you keep telling people they aren't reliable information. Newsflash, chief, the title of the thread kind of gives that away.

How is that confusing to you?

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
One might wonder why you have such a woody over my posts.

Their conclusion would be fairly simple - I haven't pointed out that non-key tweets are non-key. But you'd actually need a 3rd grade level
of reading comprehension to understand that and enough self-awareness that the pot is calling the kettle black.
No need to wonder, I've said it about a ten times, but let me repeat it for you. Repeatedly telling people that tweets in the non-key tweets thread are non-key, not predictive, can't be relied on etc. is redundant, and clogs up what is otherwise an entertaining thread. We know. You don't have to keep telling us.

Again, that's not hard stuff to understand.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 23h23 hours ago
Schools have until 7-1-16 to sign

Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste 9h9 hours ago
@MH ver3 @geoffmitchell was or is hoping?. And what would they do if FSU said not signing by deadline? Throw them out? Doubt it

MH ver3 ‏@MHver3 6h6 hours ago
@Mountaineer_Ste @geoffmitchell then the contract stays the same and no ACCN.

lee ‏@Columbushokie 6h6 hours ago
@mh ver3 @mountaineer_ste @geoffmitchell Decisions like this don’t happen without knowing where everyone stands.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 6h6 hours ago
@Columbushokie @Mountaineer_Ste @geoffmitchell I think it's happening to see where everyone stands.

@mh ver3 @mountaineer_ste @geoffmitchell This might be the final step in that process but I doubt they don’t know where the others stand

@mh ver3 @mountaineer_ste @geoffmitchell We’ll just have to wait and see.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 6h6 hours ago
Make it 8 signatures on new ACC gor. Wake and NCST signed yesterday.

Weeda Hilt ‏@WeedaHilt 5h5 hours ago
@MH ver3 thank you for the information mh ver3. We appreciate it. How many schools are needed to sign to solidify the GOR and ACC network?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
@WeedaHilt all 15

Weeda Hilt ‏@WeedaHilt 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 Interestingly enough I think you mentioned they were Heavily recruited by Big 12 and SEC expansion.

Weeda Hilt ‏@WeedaHilt 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 @MH ver3 That means all that is left to sign are North Carolina, Virginia, Florida state, Duke and Clemson?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
@WeedaHilt GT and Miami

DocBunyan ‏@DocBunyan 1h1 hour ago
@MH ver3 @WeedaHilt all schools with better options.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
For the record: I have no blog, no advertising, nothing. I don't get any monetary gain from hits. I share to share, not profit.

Sterling Young ‏@imsterfry 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 what's your name?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@imsterfry Josh

TaloTBS ‏@TaloTBS 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 you've got to be looking for money or your bored at work. Why else would you spend so much time making this stuff up?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@TaloTBS I don't need money. I do get bored at work. I don't make anything up

Reaction Score
The Mountain West has at least three programs that were offered invites to the American and declined them.

There's no chance Colorado State would entertain an offer from the American.

Tulsa is here because no one else wanted to say yes.
Those bi-coastal relationships never seem to work out.

Reaction Score
Miami just signed the document today. They needed a couple extra days to source the disappearing ink.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I try to have a realistic perspective, and I think most people here do. Do I think UConn to the Big Ten is likely? No. Is it absurd? No. Here is why.
  • UConn helps fill coverage gaps for the B1G in a sizable market and SNY pulled in very impressive basic tier carriage fees in that market. UConn fans will pay to see the games.
  • UConn is the only even theoretical B1G candidate that plays D1 hockey (none of the ACC or Big 12 teams) and they need more teams (and schools in hockey markets). Don't say "hockey" doesn't matter, it does to the BTN.
  • UConn is shy on research and endowment but academics otherwise line up and it is trending better on research
  • UConn women's hoops is a force of nature for any conference with a network. Its worth millions all by itself.
  • Basketball success with national brand name. Very recognizable.
Does that mean that we're a stronger candidate than Texas, or UVA or UNC? No. Definitely not. But UConn is arguably more valuable to the B1G than to any other league, because of the BTN and hockey.

Meanwhile, looking at the other leagues (Big 12 or ACC...not including Notre Dame), you may note that 3 of my bullets involve market value to a network they don't have, or a sport they don't sponsor. If either of them get or plan to get a network, then UConn's value over other G5 schools is really significant. It's not close. With no network? Then issues like geography and football culture (derailed us vs. Louisville once before) can outweigh other advantages UConn has. UConn and BYU are well ahead of anyone else in G5 by most metrics. BYU comes with issues however. If you don't see that, then you being willfully blind.

Most of that is true and obviously I know all that - but you've completely glossed over the most important point and ignored the second most important point.

1: Schools like North Carolina and Texas are candidates with resumes that are so much better there isn't any reason to move until schools like that are available.

2. Their annual income is now so high that even Dooley can explain that there is no way that UConn can generate enough revenue for the league to keep the others schools whole by including UConn. Nobody is going to add mouths to feed that don't increase their rake and there is no way that with the demographics Connecticut is looking at that is going to change.

I don't disagree that UConn is by far and away the best program in the G5 which is why I believe they will end up in the ACC some day. I don't think the Big 12 is going to expand but if they do I'd guess UConn has a 50/50 shot of getting in if they go to 12.

Is there a chance UConn could end up in the Big Ten? Sure - anything can happen - but it's like planning on spending your Powerball tickets and talking about hockey is like being convinced you pick better lottery numbers than a quick pick.

Reaction Score
I have been a supporter of UConn to B1G when 99% of the board was dreaming of an ACC bid. I have never wavered from hoping for that outcome nor have I ever seriously predicted it.
UConn certainly has shortcomings and I knew from the beginning it was certainly a long shot. But there were I think windows when the likelyhood was enhanced
But a long shot doen't mean we should give up hope. Also articulating are positives doesn't preclude us from understanding are negatives.

Unless the ACC implodes ,in which case how much better off will we be,or ESPN strong Arms them into taking us. Our chances of getting into a viable ACC are equally remote. So those that scoff at the B1G and predict the ACC as an outcome certainly haven't made any defense of their position. Saying we might be included after half the teams leave is not very comforting.
I never really took the B12 flirtation as anything other than the creation of a handy dissonance that hopefully could be exploited.

Reaction Score
I have been a supporter of UConn to B1G when 99% of the board was dreaming of an ACC bid. I have never wavered from hoping for that outcome nor have I ever seriously predicted it.
UConn certainly has shortcomings and I knew from the beginning it was certainly a long shot. But there were I think windows when the likelyhood was enhanced
But a long shot doen't mean we should give up hope. Also articulating are positives doesn't preclude us from understanding are negatives.

Unless the ACC implodes ,in which case how much better off will we be,or ESPN strong Arms them into taking us. Our chances of getting into a viable ACC are equally remote. So those that scoff at the B1G and predict the ACC as an outcome certainly haven't made any defense of their position. Saying we might be included after half the teams leave is not very comforting.
I never really took the B12 flirtation as anything other than the creation of a handy dissonance that hopefully could be exploited.
The recent B1G TV talks feel like they have put the B1G out of reach for UConn. The ACC continues in its quest for an ACC network. The addition of UConn would help in that quest. That is why the ACC seems a more likely destination for UConn.

Reaction Score
Hey, how are you liking Durkin down there in Terp land?

So far, I like him. I like his enthusiasm, and the moves he has made so far. I'm somewhat optimistic, but need to wait and see until they actually play the games. In fact, predicting how my teams will do seems almost as difficult ascpredicting conference realignment.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Def Non-key, but not a tweet. It's anti UConn. Note there's a poll at the end.

Big 12 Expansion: Why NOT Connecticut?
EXPANSIONPALOOZA: The Case Against Connecticut

This has to be the worst line in the blog post:

Adding UConn to the Big 12 is literally just adding a team to make up the numbers. It would be exactly like the Big Ten adding Rutgers. Don't be like the Big Ten.

Reaction Score

Adding UConn to the Big 12 is literally just adding a team to make up the numbers. It would be exactly like the Big Ten adding Rutgers. Don't be like the Big Ten.

"Don't be like the Big Ten"... Shows just how much they understand CR

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No need to wonder, I've said it about a ten times, but let me repeat it for you. Repeatedly telling people that tweets in the non-key tweets thread are non-key, not predictive, can't be relied on etc. is redundant, and clogs up what is otherwise an entertaining thread. We know. You don't have to keep telling us.

Again, that's not hard stuff to understand.

LOL.

Tweets are 140 character limit posts on a service called twitter.

Posts are made by registered members of this website.

Now I get why you keep saying the same stupid thing - you don't know the difference. That is pretty hilarious.

Nobody has clogged up this thread more than you by badgering me and not knowing the difference between a tweet and a post. So again check the mirror/pot/kettle/etc..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom