Non-Key Tweets | Page 364 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Lol. Swaim poll? So, 12 Bearcat votes and 4 Husky votes. Not a big enough sample.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Chuck Carlton

Boom!!!

In other words Big 12....if you want CCG got to do it in divisional play.
Again..BTM told us Big 10 perception..and it was correct again.

Big 12 Expansion Train is well down the tracks. Most have finally caught on.
Final negotations...start...January 16.

David Belding ‏@Frogman87 · 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire I've read some are saying BYU is a lock with UC and UConn as the other two. Based on your info is BYU back in play?

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @Frogman87 No.

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey basically just told the Big 12 it's time for you to reform...to grow up.

And for those who have been spouting this ridiculous notion that Big 12 & SEC have this diubke secret truce..
...another Dude delusion.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 58m58 minutes ago
Boren has won.
If Texas stops this reform/expansion..it will cause a current Cold War in Big 12 to blow up into real War inside Conference

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 56m56 minutes ago
But in reality..Boren has won.
Big 12 now has a chance to survive beyond 2026 in current + 2 form.
Footprint/Branding will expand

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 41m41 minutes ago
You need to consider the following:
As we reported in the Summer it had become B10 perception way back then that B12 would expand for "17"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 37m37 minutes ago
Why did it become B10 perception in Summer of 2015?
Because Amendment of CCG with only Div Play was a card B10 knew they would play.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 36m36 minutes ago
A card the B10 knew would trump the notion of total and complete deregulation which was B12 proposal.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“What’s going to increase the bottom line or certainly hurt it the least and also bring them more prestige?” Swaim asked. “Connecticut because of what their [men’s] basketball team has done. Obviously with Connecticut women’s basketball, nobody has done what Geno [Auriemma] has done. And football, Connecticut was in the Fiesta Bowl a couple of years ago, they got beat pretty good by Oklahoma, but I think Connecticut is a sleeping giant"

Soooo, everything that didn't matter, now matters. That kind of 180 seems about right for CR.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Yes, I thought the same thing - that's why I posted it. You had someone who covers the Big 12 (on the web) watching a UConn men's game and then thinking about the possibilities our women's team would bring to their league.

Kinda weird logic, but it also shows that women's Bball doesn't exactly have ZERO value in these considerations, as some people claim.

It's not from a huge source, I just thought it was interesting for someone (non-UConn) to think along those lines and also to Tweet it.

Timing is interesting for sure, and just adds (albeit slightly) to the smoke that's forming.

I actually think some of the ratings UConn women have been getting lately has made people open their eyes. Our women's basketball program is more valuable and gets better national TV ratings than most of the men's college basketball programs and a lot of men's football programs. A lot of people have said a lot about women's basketball not moving the needle with respect to CR... including me... but it's one hell of a tie breaker for us if everything else is even.

Reaction Score
What is the reason again that the Big 12 can't just do 2 divisions of 5 without expanding? Is it because the conferences MUST have 12 to have a championship game with 2 divisions?

So is the compromise being discussed that they will allow the Big 12 to stick to 10 and have their championship game if they do 2 divisions of 5 each?

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
Bowlsby"if we could get a situation where we are not forced to play divisions and are not forced to expand, we will be OK"
You are not ok

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
Again..B12(UT) wants all the advantages of a big conference(12+) and all the advantage of a small conference (10 members)
Not happening.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 31m31 minutes ago
Need 8 votes to kill proposal of complete deregulation on determining Conf Champ..ie..CCG with 10 teams with no divisions.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 28m28 minutes ago
8 votes needed out of 15 to kill proposal:

Voting No:
B10 = 2 votes
SEC= 2 votes
PAC= 2 votes
MAC=1 vote

Need 1 more G5 vote for "No"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 26m26 minutes ago
I don't see MWC voting "yes" for the proposal of total deregulation..but not sure.
Last Summer MWC vote "Yes" internally to keep divisions

Hank ‏@BigBlueHank · 28m28 minutes ago
@flugempire where does ACC stand?

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @BigBlueHank They would vote "Yes" for proposal of total deregulation = 2 votes

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6m6 minutes ago
B10 language in their Amendment - CCG

"It is appropriate, however, to maintain the provision regarding matching up division winners."

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 8m8 minutes ago
With this said....where is there the room for a 11th hour compromise in keeping with what B12 wants...no divisions?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13m13 minutes ago
Editorial: It seems to me be Big 12 has always wanted to have its cake and eat it too in regards to conference expansion.

They don't want to expand thanks to a TV deal that pays them a premium but lacks a clause to escalate payments for additions.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 11m11 minutes ago
Because of their TV contract they passed on FSU, Clemson, Louisville & Miami.

Now the playoff committee has made expansion necessary the Big 12 is unhappy with the options available. Whose fault is that?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 10m10 minutes ago
Together with the ACC, who wants that FSU-Clemson annual CCG, decided to change the rules.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 9m9 minutes ago
Yes the NCAA regulation requiring 12 teams & 2 divisions is arbitrary. We get that....

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 8m8 minutes ago
But the B12 would have a distinct advantage over the others if CCG rules are deregulated to allow them to have a CCG with 10 & no divs.

It's simply not fair to Big Ten or SEC.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7m7 minutes ago
The B1G amendment to require 2 divs was fair. The Big 12 could easily split into 2 five team divisions & hold a CCG.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6m6 minutes ago
But doing so would likely put OU & Texas in the same div & all the permutations of problems it would mean regardless.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5m5 minutes ago
Texas has never wanted to have to beat OU twice to win the Big 12. Nor did they want to be in separate divisions - Hubris indeed.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4m4 minutes ago
But now that the playoff committee has clearly explained the 13th data point matters it appears the Big 12 will have no other option.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3m3 minutes ago
If the ACC/B12 legislation is defeated or modified then the Big 12 must bite the bullet & add the best options available.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2m2 minutes ago
The conference can't afford to gerrymander or make any decision on membership that doesn't make long term financial sense.

To me, and I've researched the candidates for the past year, the two obvious choices are BYU & Cincinnati.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 51s52 seconds ago
But BYU's viability is harmed by their location & timezone. UC is under 400 miles from Morgantown but is that a solid metric?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 32s33 seconds ago
If I had to pick the two new members, after much thought, I would Add 4.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1m1 minute ago
BYU & Memphis + UC & UCF.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 23s24 seconds ago
Adding Tennessee, Ohio & Florida to the Big 12 footprint is worthwhile from a recruiting perspective & ultimately money wise. C

pj

Reaction Score
I actually think some of the ratings UConn women have been getting lately has made people open their eyes. Our women's basketball program is more valuable and gets better national TV ratings than most of the men's college basketball programs and a lot of men's football programs. A lot of people have said a lot about women's basketball not moving the needle with respect to CR... including me... but it's one hell of a tie breaker for us if everything else is even.

It's more than a tie breaker ... if WBB is as good at attracting a TV audience as weaker P5 football programs (and remember, they play a lot more than 6 home games per year), and MBB is as good, and UConn football likely would be as good once it played a P5 schedule -- then you are effectively getting the value of 3 P5 programs with one invitation.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Editorial: It seems to me be Big 12 has always wanted to have its cake and eat it too in regards to conference expansion.

They don't want to expand thanks to a TV deal that pays them a premium but lacks a clause to escalate payments for additions.

C
The Big 12 passed on FSU, Clemson and Miami? Sure thing, buddy.

Reaction Score
Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 · 5h5 hours ago
Bowlsby wants there to be a compromise considering those 2 provisions, but I don't see how it's possible. #Big12

My gut feeling: Big 12 will bite the bullet and expand within the next 2 years. They'll continue to hem and haw as long as possible, though.

Big 12 being able to hold CCG w/ 10 teams but divisions required does nothing for them. Whole point is to have 2 highest-ranked teams play.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @frankthetank111 having an auto 2 highest rank teams play for B12-CCG is a disadvantage for B1G/SEC/PAC.
Big 12 is not getting total Dereg.

Yes, it's a disadvantage for the leagues with logical geographic divisions. That's why there's now pushback.

KyDerbyJay
‏@KyDerbyJay @frankthetank111 BYU and Cincy your prediction?

IMHO, they have always been leaders in the clubhouse. Can't discount schools like Houston, Memphis and UConn, though

For better or worse, the Longhorn Network is here to stay, so there won't be a Big 12 Network.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 · 4h4 hours ago
If ESPN doesn't want ACC Network, it definitely doesn't want Big 12 Network. Vast majority of B12 net $ are in Texas

There's little reason for ESPN to trade LHN for Big 12 Network. Texas market is only one that really matters there.

Any Big 12 candidate is going to have to push national media profile and football recruiting area above all else.

Main hurdles UConn has to overcome: short FBS history, poor football recruiting area and geography w/ rest of Big 12

UConn has to sell TV territory, academics & basketball brand are strong enough to overcome Big 12 geographic issues

Frankly, Big 12 only taking WVU screwed UConn the most. UConn would be in ACC if Louisville was in Big 12 w/ WVU.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 · 3h3 hours ago
I think UConn might be the most valuable G5 school in a vacuum. It's just about its fit with Big 12 specifically.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
UConn has to sell TV territory, academics & basketball brand are strong enough to overcome Big 12 geographic issues

Frankly, Big 12 only taking WVU screwed UConn the most. UConn would be in ACC if Louisville was in Big 12 w/ WVU.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 · 3h3 hours ago
I think UConn might be the most valuable G5 school in a vacuum. It's just about its fit with Big 12 specifically.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap is Frank giving us some love??? I mean it is like the love you give to that nephew that you can't stand but it is still love none the less.

Reaction Score
I am, at a minimum, encouraged by the fact that people are starting to debate that we suck for reasons. To me that's a strong sign.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@frankthetank111 Personally I’ve been to WVU games at UCONN & WVU games at B12 stadiums. UCONN is NOT a fit culturally.

@frankthetank111 The Big 12 is beef BBQ, cornbread, country music & football aka the country mouse.

@frankthetank111 UCONN is wine, cheese, white collar and basketball aka the City Mouse.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 57m57 minutes ago
@frankthetank111 Despite the distance WVU was a perfect fit for the B12 - like a squirt of lemon in an ice cold Coke.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 57m57 minutes ago
@frankthetank111 In the BE, even though WVU carried the conf football wise, WVU was viewed like cousin Eddie from the vacation movies.

@hihoze I’ve advocated the B12 license LHN content. ESPN could subsidize $ losses on LGN that way.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @hihoze Sadly Bowlsby never returned my call.

Reaction Score

Now the playoff committee has made expansion necessary the Big 12 is unhappy with the options available. Whose fault is that?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 10m10 minutes ago
Together with the ACC, who wants that FSU-Clemson annual CCG, decided to change the rules.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 9m9 minutes ago
Yes the NCAA regulation requiring 12 teams & 2 divisions is arbitrary. We get that....

But the B12 would have a distinct advantage over the others if CCG rules are deregulated to allow them to have a CCG with 10 & no divs.

It's simply not fair to Big Ten or SEC.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7m7 minutes ago
The B1G amendment to require 2 divs was fair. The Big 12 could easily split into 2 five team divisions & hold a CCG.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6m6 minutes ago
But doing so would likely put OU & Texas in the same div & all the permutations of problems it would mean regardless.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5m5 minutes ago
Texas has never wanted to have to beat OU twice to win the Big 12. Nor did they want to be in separate divisions - Hubris indeed.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4m4 minutes ago
But now that the playoff committee has clearly explained the 13th data point matters it appears the Big 12 will have no other option.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3m3 minutes ago
If the ACC/B12 legislation is defeated or modified then the Big 12 must bite the bullet & add the best options available.

The conference can't afford to gerrymander or make any decision on membership that doesn't make long term financial sense.

To me, and I've researched the candidates for the past year, the two obvious choices are BYU & Cincinnati.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 51s52 seconds ago
But BYU's viability is harmed by their location & timezone. UC is under 400 miles from Morgantown but is that a solid metric?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 32s33 seconds ago
If I had to pick the two new members, after much thought, I would Add 4.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1m1 minute ago
BYU & Memphis + UC & UCF.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 23s24 seconds ago
Adding Tennessee, Ohio & Florida to the Big 12 footprint is worthwhile from a recruiting perspective & ultimately money wise. C

This seriously sounds like a man either experiencing a psychotic episode (with significant depressive and delusional tendencies), or someone who is on a bender to self-medicate. And no, I'm NOT kidding. Chris, consider this a free consultation. You're welcome

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom