Non-Key Tweets | Page 365 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@frankthetank111 Personally I’ve been to WVU games at UCONN & WVU games at B12 stadiums. UCONN is NOT a fit culturally.

@frankthetank111 The Big 12 is beef BBQ, cornbread, country music & football aka the country mouse.

@frankthetank111 UCONN is wine, cheese, white collar and basketball aka the City Mouse.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 57m57 minutes ago
@frankthetank111 Despite the distance WVU was a perfect fit for the B12 - like a squirt of lemon in an ice cold Coke.

@frankthetank111 In the BE, even though WVU carried the conf football wise, WVU was viewed like cousin Eddie from the vacation movies.

@hihoze I’ve advocated the B12 license LHN content. ESPN could subsidize $ losses on LGN that way.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @hihoze Sadly Bowlsby never returned my call.

This is all true.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Holy crap is Frank giving us some love??? I mean it is like the love you give to that nephew that you can't stand but it is still love none the less.

Kinda.

He'll say we're the most valuable in a vacuum and then tell you why we're not in every single conceivable scenario.

Reaction Score
@frankthetank111 Personally I’ve been to WVU games at UCONN & WVU games at B12 stadiums. UCONN is NOT a fit culturally.

@frankthetank111 The Big 12 is beef BBQ, cornbread, country music & football aka the country mouse.

@frankthetank111 UCONN is wine, cheese, white collar and basketball aka the City Mouse.

@frankthetank111 Despite the distance WVU was a perfect fit for the B12 - like a squirt of lemon in an ice cold Coke.

@frankthetank111 In the BE, even though WVU carried the conf football wise, WVU was viewed like cousin Eddie from the vacation movies.

@hihoze I’ve advocated the B12 license LHN content. ESPN could subsidize $ losses on LGN that way.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @hihoze Sadly Bowlsby never returned my call.
People in CT for whatever Gdamn reason love country music...

Reaction Score
This seriously sounds like a man either experiencing a psychotic episode (with significant depressive and delusional tendencies), or someone who is on a bender to self-medicate. And no, I'm NOT kidding. Chris, consider this a free consultation. You're welcome

You've just described 95% of the people on here who wait for the next tweet that mentions UConn in regards to CR.

Please don't judge our weird tweeting uncle.

Reaction Score

He has not been to my tailgate.

Maybe the problem was every tailgate wasn't exactly alike and he got confused. Either that or he took the wrong exit and ended up at Handsome Dan's.

Shermaninside.jpg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The last time West Virginia was at The Rent we were sold out, rocking and beating them in OT and then storming the field like uncagged animas.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately when you break the Dude's balls on twitter he bans you....especially when he was going at it with Flugaur. So I am unable to respond to his outrageous claims. Those of you who aren't banned...I encourage you to respond carefully if you like to read his stuff for comedy relief.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately when you break the Dude's balls on twitter he bans you....especially when he was going at it with Flugaur. So I am unable to respond to his outrageous claims. Those of you who aren't banned...I encourage you to respond carefully if you like to read his stuff for comedy relief.

Hasn't happened yet but if you're going to comment on another school you should be prepared for some feedback even if it's at your expense.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
GUYS. There's no barbecue sauce or cornbread in the entire state of Connecticut. WE'RE DONE.

Except for the barbecue sold at every game behind the scoreboard.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Of all the things that people post - the idea that the Big 12 should skip to 14 teams is the craziest.

Reaction Score
I remember a thread on the WVU site a few years ago where they were talking expansion candidates for the B12. They (jokingly?) said a requirement should be a Cabela's in the area. I think it's safe to say we beat every single stadium in the world with its proximity to a Cabela's.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Of all the things that people post - the idea that the Big 12 should skip to 14 teams is the craziest.

12 or 14 is not as big a jump as whether to expand at all. I don't quite buy the argument. No one, including the pro-expansion Oklahoma Sportswriter, has been able to make a great case for expansion in the last 6 months. It is just an OK case right now.

Reaction Score
In fairness, the Dude would have a better feel for the game day experience at Rentschler than RGIII would :rolleyes:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
12 or 14 is not as big a jump as whether to expand at all. I don't quite buy the argument. No one, including the pro-expansion Oklahoma Sportswriter, has been able to make a great case for expansion in the last 6 months. It is just an OK case right now.

Throwing out if 12 makes sense.

To go to 14 means you are adding at least two very marginal schools - which is only going to drag down the average rake at the next negotiation.

While at the the same time ensuring that you'll see less of schools you want to play... for the right to play Memphis or UCF or someone like that.

Reaction Score
The tv money from Fox doesn't change if they go from 10-12...if they go above 12 the pie gets cut into smaller pieces.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

My trusted sources are now on record that UConn is out. In fact, here they are discussing UConn and B12 culture...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom