Non-Key Tweets | Page 362 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This may be CR cynicism, but this smells a lot like a pathetic attempt to win support for the CCG deregulation amendment.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This may be CR cynicism, but this smells a lot like a pathetic attempt to win support for the CCG deregulation amendment.

You're not nearly as cynical as you think.

The Big12 is leaking out this narrative- Let us manage our conference and decide who our champ is or else the following programs are getting let in to the country club. I'm not saying I agree with the narrative, but you and I are reading the story with a similar perspective.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Saw this posted on the Cincy board:

I live in Austin in the Mecca of the UT sports empire. Yesterday one of the biggest UT fans I know (I think it is his picture displayed in th dictionary under "UT Fan") approached me and said he heard UC and UCONN are coming into the B12 and would be invited this month. He is a guy who is a UT alum and attends every event in the boxes and hangs out with quite a few of the corporate sponsors for the program. He has never said a word to me before regarding this issue.
I'd rather lose every game by 2 points for the rest of my lifetime then read another one of these posts. I've heard stuff like this going on 3 years. Just invite us to the Big 12 or tell us we will never be invited. Please.

Reaction Score
I agree, friend told me he was at a hoops game recently and someone told him that UConn is a lock for B1G by 2018. Supposedly someone who works at a major network. But honestly, I'll believe it when I see it. Grain of salt

I'd rather lose every game by 2 points for the rest of my lifetime then read another one of these posts. I've heard stuff like this going on 3 years. Just invite us to the Big 12 or tell us we will never be invited. Please.

Reaction Score

I think if we don't make it this time, a lot of people will just give up. The first posts on this board go back to September, 2011. So going on 5 years.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
They played here in the PP era.

It was Diaco's first year but yeah, essentially still the PP era since we used 2014 as a full practice season to evaluate the roster.

Reaction Score

The Big12 is leaking out this narrative- Let us manage our conference and decide who our champ is or else the following programs are getting let in to the country club. I'm not saying I agree with the narrative, but you and I are reading the story with a similar perspective.

I could see that. I could also seeing them be allowed allowed to have a CCG with 10 teams as long as they go to divisions. What I can't see is them is getting the CCG without divisions.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 7m7 minutes ago
I keep getting questions on when we should expect B12 invites if Dereg Vote does not go as planned=CCG at 10 with no need of Divisions......

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5m5 minutes ago
It's not going to happen in Jan.There will be a whole other level of negotations between B12 & Candidates which we've been saying for months

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2m2 minutes ago
We hope to garner more info once Dereg votes concludes.
Leading candidates UCONN-UH-CINCY will make final pitches & negotiate pay schedules.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 45s46 seconds ago
Even though the B12 Expansion train is far down the track (many are now catching on) there will not be invitations right after Dereg vote.

Reaction Score
While I would prefer he remain here, if true, it won't be the end of the world. Everyone can be replaced and Herbst will do a far better job of finding a replacement for our AD than Hathaway did in finding a replacement for our football coach.
Suzie found one Rock Star. I trust that she can find another. I have full faith in her.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I think if we don't make it this time, a lot of people will just give up. The first posts on this board go back to September, 2011. So going on 5 years.
Same with us. There is a realignment thread on our board with nearly 11,000 posts and nearly 2,000,000 views started back in 2012.

pj

Reaction Score

If this is what is happening, then it shows that the B12 believes UConn is attractive to B1G and ACC, so attractive that they may alter their voting to keep UConn for themselves. In other words, it would be encouraging news.

The alternative, that the B12 finds UConn attractive itself, is also encouraging.

Dooley

Reaction Score

Same with us. There is a realignment thread on our board with nearly 11,000 posts and nearly 2,000,000 views started back in 2012.

That's me. I have paid far too much attention to AAU metrics, faculty hiring initiatives, TV DMAs, and brand licensing contracts. I just want to pay attention to stuff the happens on the court and on the field.

Dooley

Reaction Score
This board has been like a bad room in the Heartbreak Hotel. My suggestion is this. Remove this Conference Realignment Board immediately, once we are fortunate enough to make it into a P-5.

Spot on. Once we're finally in a P5 conference, there will be absolutely zero need to talk about this ever again. Personally, I can't wait for that day to come.

Reaction Score
This board has been like a bad room in the Heartbreak Hotel. My suggestion is this. Remove this Conference Realignment Board immediately, once we are fortunate enough to make it into a P-5.
I disagree. I used to frequent the West Virginia realignment board. Once they got into the B XII, they renamed that board for conference talk & the regular board was for WVU talk specifically.

Reaction Score
Spot on. Once we're finally in a P5 conference, there will be absolutely zero need to talk about this ever again. Personally, I can't wait for that day to come.

Totally agree. I don't want to be one of the jerks laughing at those left behind. I'll never forget this feeling and only have empathy for anybody in our boat.

Reaction Score
Of course invites wouldn't go out immediately if the B1G's proposal passes, but there will be far more ramped up discussions and the odds of things leaking out go up.

While the "This guy who works at X told me we're a lock for X conference by X date" stuff is frustrating, with respect to the Big 12, it would make more sense that that type of information would be leaking out right now. For the B1G or ACC, that type of information would be very likely speculation or just hot air. It would make sense at this point that someone who works for X network or is a higher-up at a Texas or OU may have some sort of information about who would be invited.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
My approach: regard info from non key tweets as fan fiction. Sentences that start with "my buddy in..." are first person fan fiction. Key tweets reflect the viewpoint of one source at a time, which may tell the story of the tusk or the trunk but not the whole elephant. Discussions on this board are for entertainment purposes only.

If, hypothetically, Jacobs or another reporter were to tweet something like "UConn officials are confident about getting an invite" I will try to pretend he didn't say that because it still is not a done deal until they schedule a press conference.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. I don't want to be one of the jerks laughing at those left behind. I'll never forget this feeling and only have empathy for anybody in our boat.

Nobody has been through what we have as die hard fans regarding CR. It's such a shame but only Cincinnati can possibly relate, and they were in CUSA not long ago so screw em. We are the most deserving of a P5 invite and it's not even close. I'm literally ready to shed a tear everyday the last 3 years since the commuter school Louisville got picked over us. Please PLEASE get us out of this nightmare Big 12 or B1G, you won't regret it.

Reaction Score
I actually felt bad for L'ville (for about 10 seconds) when it seemed like we were a "lock" for the ACC so many moons ago.....how delusional does that seem now. Since Cuse & Pitt bolted from the OBE it has been so depressing, just can't help but feel like Charlie Brown. Maybe Lucy will finally see the light......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom