Non-Key Tweets | Page 360 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 11m11 minutes ago
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=210620060

Oklahoma showing interest in playing in front of UCONN DMA...negotiated 4 game/2 Home/2 Away-W/BB.
Not surprised

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6m6 minutes ago
OU is onboard with 2 expansion possibilities in front of B12.
OU wants more penetration into massive market of Houston..or UCONN$ w Cincy.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5m5 minutes ago
What Oklahoma does not want is a Big 12 in 2017 looking like Big 12 of 2015.
OU wants to enlarge footprint
Create B12N
Expand OU Brand

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3m3 minutes ago
If Texas pulls rug from underneath Oklahoma in transforming Big 12 this time around..
..massive ice storm awaits key relationship in Big 12

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire No...this does not rule out UCONN....nor rules them in.
Scheduling is done in "Silo"...away from Expansion talks.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1m1 minute ago
But Oklahoma is on the front burner of breaking out of its Regional existence..either by expanding B12 Brand through Expansion or..you know.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2m2 minutes ago
To get UCONN Women's Basketball on your OOC schedule for 4 games is of value to OU...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire @JWFUtah
Oklahoma does not know if UCONN is going to the Big 12
You do not schedule..or wait to schedule per expansion results.

@JWFUtah However...it does show some level of interest from OU perspective on garderning the value of UCONN W/BB..they have been talking

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 11m11 minutes ago
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=210620060

Oklahoma showing interest in playing in front of UCONN DMA...negotiated 4 game/2 Home/2 Away-W/BB.
Not surprised

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6m6 minutes ago
OU is onboard with 2 expansion possibilities in front of B12.
OU wants more penetration into massive market of Houston..or UCONN$ w Cincy.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5m5 minutes ago
What Oklahoma does not want is a Big 12 in 2017 looking like Big 12 of 2015.
OU wants to enlarge footprint
Create B12N
Expand OU Brand

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3m3 minutes ago
If Texas pulls rug from underneath Oklahoma in transforming Big 12 this time around..
..massive ice storm awaits key relationship in Big 12

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire No...this does not rule out UCONN....nor rules them in.
Scheduling is done in "Silo"...away from Expansion talks.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1m1 minute ago
But Oklahoma is on the front burner of breaking out of its Regional existence..either by expanding B12 Brand through Expansion or..you know.

To get UCONN Women's Basketball on your OOC schedule for 4 games is of value to OU...
I'm pretty sure they can get on our women's schedule every year if Sherri just asked Geno nicely. They have already played a number of times.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I believe that Geno recommended Coale to Okla. as a head coach. He met her while she was still a HS coach.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I love reading the Flug but he is way off base on this one. UCONN and Oklahoma in WBB can happen whenever the coaches want. Even men'sbasketball wouldn't move the needle as we have played home and home's with them in the past.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure they can get on our women's schedule every year if Sherri just asked Geno nicely. They have already played a number of times.

I think that is what Flugs is saying.

Reaction Score
I believe that Geno recommended Coale to Okla. as a head coach. He met her while she was still a HS coach.
Yeah..she was Stacy Hansmeyer"s coach in HS...he had a good haul that year in OK with Stacy and Paige Sauer

pj

Reaction Score
I love reading the Flug but he is way off base on this one. UCONN and Oklahoma in WBB can happen whenever the coaches want. Even men'sbasketball wouldn't move the needle as we have played home and home's with them in the past.

Given the poor quality of the AAC, Geno needs to fill the OOC schedule with top teams. He will be willing to schedule almost any leading women's BB program.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Just remember, Geno doesn't call his friends to schedule OOC teams. He stated that publicly before the Chatanooga game.

If they call, he will schedule them.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h
What's the latest B12 rumors from the Lunatics? I need a laugh.

JA ‏@JeremyAnthony 2h
This is sorta why we all follow you, bro

@JeremyAnthony The fact is that if the vote next weekend goes with the B12 then they don't expand.

@JeremyAnthony I hear, haven't verified this - but the base B12 TV money goes to $31M with 10 and less with 12.

David Longhofer ‏@dal2077 2h
@theDudeofWV http://theuconnblog.com/2016/1/4/10682504/on-potential-big-12-expansion-and-what-it-would-mean-for-uconn…

@dal2077 I've seen that. That's from a UCONN perspective.

[URL='https://twitter.com/theDudeofWV']Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h[/URL]
@dal2077 UCONN only makes cents (see what I did there?) if a conf network is in play.

@dal2077 But keep in mind the better the basketball program the more the slight loss from expansion is reduced.

@dal2077 BYU told me directly - as in their athletic department - their TV deal with ESPN is void if they get a B12 invite.

@dal2077 BYU's biggest drawback is time zone.

Greg Young ‏@Gmunz1876 2h
@theDudeofWV @dal2077 lol. @GSwaim you have very little knowledge on this. BYU is first school in right now.

@Gmunz1876 @dal2077 @GSwaim I would love if that were true. But my BYU contact says otherwise. As well as B12 contacts.

@theDudeofWV @dal2077 @GSwaim i know someone inside ad office. Not the case

@Gmunz1876 @dal2077 @GSwaim So do I. They tell me otherwise. I'll double check though.

@theDudeofWV @dal2077 @GSwaim this is someone high up in ad office. So I don't think correct. Also why does national writers say diff? Pt?

@Gmunz1876 @dal2077 @GSwaim Politics. I know Gee supported BYU. Starr & Boren wanted UH. UC is WVU's eastern partner.

Dr.Drew ‏@HoustonsOwnDrew 2h
@theDudeofWV @Gmunz1876 @dal2077 @GSwaim people at UofH also say its us and UC if vote for 10 team CC fails

@HoustonsOwnDrew @Gmunz1876 @dal2077 @GSwaim That's what I hear. And I've confirmed it. But they also say only if Abbott gets involved.

Dr.Drew ‏@HoustonsOwnDrew 2h
@theDudeofWV @Gmunz1876 @dal2077 @GSwaim yeah i think theres word that he would are that texas schools know he will

Reaction Score
Drew's Twitter account is an exercise in schizophrenia. What a surprise his Houston connections have told him to pump Houston.

Reaction Score
I didn't write it - just posted it (though other than a trash can had a tough time deciding where to dump it... key, non-key, Big 12):

MarkBermanFox26 8:07pm via Twitter for iPhone
Spencer Tillman of FOX Sports says @UHCougarFB success will eventually lead @UHouston to much bigger &better things
04.jpg

Reaction Score
Is there any more evidence to disprove the dude's cred than this comment:

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h
@Hindstr4@JeremyAnthony TV market: UCONN & Memphis. Followed closely by UCF/USF, UC, ECU etc.

Memphis (#50) is below USF (#11), UCF (#19) and Cincinnati (#36). They'd also be #3 in the state ranked 17th most populous. Compared to Florida (#4) and Ohio (#7). There is no way Memphis is a better market than those three. When you consider the surrounding area it gets even worse, there's not even minor cities within 100 miles of Memphis.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Spencer Tillman has a talk radio show in Houston. I don't know if that means he's biased or cued in... But I just can't see another TX school that being said nothing about CR surprises me.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Texas alums complaining about bottom feeders! That's a laugh. What has the mighty Longhorn football team done lately? Answer - not much.

Reaction Score
I didn't write it - just posted it (though other than a trash can had a tough time deciding where to dump it... key, non-key, Big 12):

MarkBermanFox26 8:07pm via Twitter for iPhone
Spencer Tillman of FOX Sports says @UHCougarFB success will eventually lead @UHouston to much bigger &better things
View attachment 11654

He likes Tom Herman and expects Houston to land in the P5 and wants to help. Herman seems to be a very persuasive likeable guy. Not sure he can predict the future but if he can I hope we're part of the tectonic shift.

Reaction Score
Texas alums complaining about bottom feeders! That's a laugh. What has the mighty Longhorn football team done lately? Answer - not much.

That may be so but if you were to sit down and rank every athletic department in the country based on resources, potential, recruiting grounds, brand, national appeal, every sport not just football, etc

I think Texas would be ranked #1. Yes they may have had a few down years but they are still at the head of the table in Texas and even nationally.

Reaction Score
I'll put this here because of where it came from....
Chris Hall‏@CtopherHall
Keep hearing Warde Manuel to Michigan is a done deal. Frustrating considering we are a week away from Big 12 consideration...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom