Non-Key Tweets | Page 361 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
While I would prefer he remain here, if true, it won't be the end of the world. Everyone can be replaced and Herbst will do a far better job of finding a replacement for our AD than Hathaway did in finding a replacement for our football coach.
VERY well put @FfldCntyFan !

Reaction Score
S w a i m has been anti Uconn since B-12 expansion rumors started...he was hard on BYU/Cincy or Cincy/UH and ADAMANT Uconn was not even in consideration. This gives him an out now....
G R E G S W A I M SHOW ‏@GSwaim 56s57 seconds ago
#UConn pushing #Big12 behind scenes for 12th spot if conferences force them to add in Friday vote. Even offering to take less as new member.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
While I would prefer he remain here, if true, it won't be the end of the world. Everyone can be replaced and Herbst will do a far better job of finding a replacement for our AD than Hathaway did in finding a replacement for our football coach.
And CR is generally done at the presidential level more than ADs. Still, if UConn is in a P5 in the next 5 years, a lot of credit will have to go to Manuel for turning the ship around.

Reaction Score
Think the fact that we are willing to take less make a difference? If the others aren't saying that I'm hoping it might make a diff. We need to be playing up our market BIG TIME. That's our best angle I believe.

Reaction Score
Timing for losing someone you want to keep is never going to be great but this wouldn't be too bad. This won't be a surprise to Herbst. Everyone has known that Michigan was going to be looking for an AD and everyone knew Warde would be on the short list (and would go). Plus, nobody would look down on UConn for losing its AD to Michigan especially when he's a Michigan man. It doesn't mean we'll get our target but I'd assume the list is ready to go.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Normally with expansion, new members revenue is phased in. Does anyone believe that Rutgers was getting a full revenue share from the B1G from day one (or is now)?

Reaction Score
Alvarez was insistent that new members buy their way into BTN. I think the BTN withholding then extends 6 years out.

Rule of thumb is that, at a minimum, each school will be "kept whole". Their revenue after expenses will meet or exceed their level prior to joining.

Reaction Score
GREG SWAIM SHOW‏@GSwaim 33m33 minutes ago

#Big12 sidebar talk of National Championship media days in Glendale, AZ. Most think #Big12 forced to add, and most think #BYU, #UConn.

10:42 AM - 9 Jan 2016
15 retweets 22 likes

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wondered if the Sixth Borough was Tranghese's idea.
The 6th Borough has been Jersey City thing for a while. Still, it's clever marketing to apply to UConn.

Reaction Score
The 6th Borough has been Jersey City thing for a while. Still, it's clever marketing to apply to UConn.
LOL..I think a lot of places call themselves the 6th Borough....

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This is something we should have incorporated as a major marketing effort beginning two decades ago and we should add (should have added two decades ago) South South Boston (or something similar).

Our location between these two major markets and that UConn fandom is one place within the Boston-NYC rivalry (within and outside major sports) that is common ground. Our school (primarily athletic program) should plant one flag in NYC and another in Boston and claim everything between the two are our turf. This really should have been done decades ago.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Somebody call him out. Campus is beautiful and the Rent game day experience is very good by any standard except a few SEC schools.

The B12 will absolutely love the reception they get here. We should put the Michigan game up here for them to see. The Rent was on fire. The games against Baylor and ISU had great atmosphere too. He's just making stuff up.

Reaction Score
Our school (primarily athletic program) should plant one flag in NYC and another in Boston and claim everything between the two are our turf. This really should have been done decades ago.

And that is why I will be shocked if the Big Ten passes on UConn.

Reaction Score
FDNY99 said:
CL82 this guy is a Boise St fan

Kinda wonder if he's referring to a game at Memorial before they put up the Rent.

Reaction Score
Saw this posted on the Cincy board:

I live in Austin in the Mecca of the UT sports empire. Yesterday one of the biggest UT fans I know (I think it is his picture displayed in th dictionary under "UT Fan") approached me and said he heard UC and UCONN are coming into the B12 and would be invited this month. He is a guy who is a UT alum and attends every event in the boxes and hangs out with quite a few of the corporate sponsors for the program. He has never said a word to me before regarding this issue.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Meaningless twitter moment
Saw this posted on the Cincy board:

I live in Austin in the Mecca of the UT sports empire. Yesterday one of the biggest UT fans I know (I think it is his picture displayed in th dictionary under "UT Fan") approached me and said he heard UC and UCONN are coming into the B12 and would be invited this month. He is a guy who is a UT alum and attends every event in the boxes and hangs out with quite a few of the corporate sponsors for the program. He has never said a word to me before regarding this issue.
Rock solid. Paint the Big 12 logo on the practice gym's floors.

Reaction Score
At least we are trending up in the rumor mill. We are hearing UConn and UC or UConn and BYU. If we can hear (or start) rumors of UConn and Houston, then we are part of the key combinations.

Reaction Score
At least we are trending up in the rumor mill. We are hearing UConn and UC or UConn and BYU. If we can hear (or start) rumors of UConn and Houston, then we are part of the key combinations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom