New school commitments by Transfers | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
Excuse me if I'm a bit ambivalent about this recent spate of in-bound transfer success for Teri Moren and the IU Hoosiers. Let me explain.

• I like Teri Moren as a coach. Her charges play smart and tough. They rarely beat themselves, so you'll see a lot of closely fought games.
  • She has had some recruiting challenges, but I'd argue they might tie in with her retention issues. She's had some very good players to the portal, even before the "play immediately" cards were in play: Jaelynn Penn and Brendu Yeaney come to mind.
  • As a whole, the transfers have done well -- Al Patberg and Brenna Wise, Nicole Cardano-Hillary. And she's played those two -- along with MacKenzie Holmes, Grace Berger and Aleksa Gulbe -- as ironwomen.
  • This year, Chloe Moore-McNeil (guard) and Kiandra Brown got minutes; in part, due to injuries to Holmes.

So, Patberg (finally) runs out of eligibility, as does Cardano-Hillary and Gulbe. Moren picks up a tall guard-wing in Sydney Parrish and a stretch in Geary. And now, Sara Scalia joins the backcourt to shoot the eyes out of the basket.

• On one hand, wahoo, particularly if I'm the Hoosiers were a pro team like the Fever. What a rebuild (Lin Dunn should be so lucky).
  • But IU is still a college team and what happens to the chances of Moore-McNeil, Brown and Grace Waggoner to get more PT? They worked hard their first couple of years to help the mainstays and now, well, keep your coat check at the door.
  • Maybe this is Teri Moren wanting to capitalize on having her two leading scorers -- Grace Berger and MacKenzie Holmes -- back. Or this is the new reality. Or, it could be viewed as the reason why Moren is having recruiting issues: why come there when she'll find something better in the portal? Once again, I'm not sure I blame her (from today's reality), but leaves me feeling for the kids who were wearing IU jerseys on the bench last year.
Waggoner was originally was a non scholarship player at IU so I don't think its fair to think Moren owes her a key role on the rotation. This would be like saying Niele Ivey shouldn't recruit transfers because Trinity Cha is working hard in practice, she is a non scholarship player too. Waggoner is now on scholarship but that could just be due to open scholarships going unused.

Kiandra Brown is a back to the basket center that will backup Holmes and I don't think Scalia or Parrish have any affect on her. Geary is 6'4 but she is long and not as strong so maybe more of a Gulbe role so there wouldn't be too much overlap. Not sure I see the issues here?

Reaction Score
Looking at her Instagram, it appears USF transfer Elisa Pinzan may also be headed to Maryland. Lots of following/being followed by Maryland staff and recent commits.

Reaction Score
Looking at her Instagram, it appears USF transfer Elisa Pinzan may also be headed to Maryland. Lots of following/being followed by Maryland staff and recent commits.
I really like it. Veteran point guard to help with all the younger guards. I really like lavender Briggs. Her and Miller should be a really good duo if they remain healthy. The big question I have is the 5 position. I always really liked Chloe Bibby.

Reaction Score
I think Indiana's transfers have raised the team's ceiling quite a bit, but who do they expect to play PG? It seems like all of their rotational guards now are best suited for the wings.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I think Indiana's transfers have raised the team's ceiling quite a bit, but who do they expect to play PG? It seems like all of their rotational guards now are best suited for the wings.
Probably Grace Berger. She, not Ali Patberg or Nicole Cardano-Hilary led the team with 154 assists last year.
Parrish actually strikes me as best suited to wing duty and Scalia to the off-guard. Chloe Moore-McNeil can spell either of them.

Reaction Score
I'm ready to get hurt again...But I don't think she is coming here.

Esmery Martinez is visiting LSU. LSU already hosted Ladahiza Williams and other players. Not sure how many they can take. As of now they only have 3 spots open and Kim mentioned already having multiple commitments.

Gusters isn't in the portal officially yet but she is flirting with other schools while throwing her coaches under the bus on her social media. Its beyond weird...

Reaction Score

Esmery Martinez is visiting LSU. LSU already hosted Ladahiza Williams and other players. Not sure how many they can take. As of now they only have 3 spots open and Kim mentioned already having multiple commitments.

Gusters isn't in the portal officially yet but she is flirting with other schools while throwing her coaches under the bus on her social media. Its beyond weird...
E Martinez is a take no matter what.

Reaction Score
LSU will probably miss out on everyone per usual

Throwing them under the bus for what? No way she should have played over Newby or Aifuwa so what did she expect? They are graduating so I mean if she was working hard and had a positive outlook maybe she could make an impact?

Reaction Score
As had been speculated, Mimi Collins from Maryland to NC State

NC State fan could help me out but do they put her in Cunane's old spot starting at the center position or does she backup Boyd at the 4?

Reaction Score
Throwing them under the bus for what? No way she should have played over Newby or Aifuwa so what did she expect? They are graduating so I mean if she was working hard and had a positive outlook maybe she could make an impact?
She chimed in on a post Ashley Chevalier made about Texas coaches and organization in regards to her mental health. Basically back handing our staff.

Reaction Score
She got suspended for missing a couple practices, late to team meetings, among other things. After the suspension she basically threw a fit and got mad at the coaches. Her playing time went down and they didn't even use her at times (coaches decision). She hinted that her mental health is worse now or that they have unrealistic expectations for her.

Could she make an impact? Sure but she isn't in shape and she isn't going to be able to contribute much with bad work ethic and blaming others for why she hasn't been so successful. She unfollowed the coaches and LSU WBB on her social media.

Sad story because she really was talented coming out of HS and has never been able to figure it out yet.

Reaction Score
She got suspended for missing a couple practices, late to team meetings, among other things. After the suspension she basically threw a fit and got mad at the coaches. She hinted that her mental health is worse now or that they have unrealistic expectations for her.

Could she make an impact? Sure but she isn't in shape and she isn't going to be able to contribute much with bad work ethic and blaming others for why she hasn't been so successful. She unfollowed the coaches and LSU WBB on her social media.
Sounds like LSU is better off without her then

Reaction Score
She got suspended for missing a couple practices, late to team meetings, among other things. After the suspension she basically threw a fit and got mad at the coaches. Her playing time went down and they didn't even use her at times (coaches decision). She hinted that her mental health is worse now or that they have unrealistic expectations for her.

Sad story because she really was talented coming out of HS and has never been able to figure it out yet.
She at times doesn't seem engaged or like she enjoys basketball. Haven't seen any signs of improvement from her, when she did play. Interested to see who will take her.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

Well, we can use her spot for......

Angel Reese! :cool:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
LSU will probably miss out on everyone per usual
Don't think like that!

LSU will probably land everyone, and have to turn some away because of all the interest. :cool:
:p:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom