New school commitments by Transfers | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hoping she lights up ND for 50 in next season's matchup.. Provided of course that UVA doesn't forfeit the game :rolleyes:
Different coach and regime and honestly not so sure you, as a Duke WCBB should be throwing shade at any other schools yet given the less the stellar start to Kara’s career…my GIF and Emoji options are not working on my phone so pretend I put the purple snark emoji here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Different coach and regime and honestly not so sure you, as a Duke WCBB should be throwing shade at any other schools yet given the less the stellar start to Kara’s career…my GIF and Emoji options are not working on my phone so pretend I put the purple snark emoji here.
No emoji needed from the Grand Poobah of Snark!

Reaction Score
Heck...can't see Caroline Ducharme heading for the door (knock on wood). However, I can report her older sister, Ashley, entered the door at Brown.
Is that one of the Subjects you studied in Bristol HigH, or watching ND.? I knew about the sister at Brown. Caroline (DuCharme) is my current focus. Everything about this kid lights me up. I love, a Freshman, shoots, defends, carries herself like a Junior or senior. She is a KEEPER.

Reaction Score
Heck...can't see Caroline Ducharme heading for the door (knock on wood). However, I can report her older sister, Ashley, entered the door at Brown.
No inference or reference to Caroline, our Caroline, in the transfer line. I'd offer her my whole bank account to stay should that start to happen, all 7 dollar and 32 cents of it. Geez, reading this everyones gonna think I'm rich..

Reaction Score
I don’t really understand why Sam would choose Virginia. They aren’t likely to be competitive in the next couple of years. I understand they probably have the masters program she wanted, but it seems like she could have gone to a ‘better’ program.
She hit the trifecta. She is home, she will be a starter and much needed leader on that team and it is a very good school academically.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
No inference or reference to Caroline, our Caroline, in the transfer line. I'd offer her my whole bank account to stay should that start to happen, all 7 dollar and 32 cents of it. Geez, reading this everyones gonna think I'm rich..
Is that one of the Subjects you studied in Bristol HigH, or watching ND.? I knew about the sister at Brown. Caroline (DuCharme) is my current focus. Everything about this kid lights me up. I love, a Freshman, shoots, defends, carries herself like a Junior or senior. She is a KEEPER.

@TCC Kid ."can't see Caroline Ducharme heading for the door" That's a pretty straightforward statement, is it not? I merely noted that her sister is in the portal out of Brown, Period. I'm glad you treasure Caroline. May her health hold up and play to the fullest of her abilities.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Wow, I guess I missed Geary's announcement on entering the portal. I think she would of helped our (alleged) need for another big. I liked her play with the Friars, even though she seemed foul prone against us. But I certainly can understand her desire to go to a different conference.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Did some research (snooping) on a rival site... NC A&T (my aggies of course) pick up a transfer from East Carolina

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
NC A&T picked up another transfer from Presbyterian

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Aggies spent one year in the Big South... played PC twice... and the Blue Hoses starting backcourt ends up transferring to NC A&T :confused::eek:

Those sneaky Aggies :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sounding like Brenda got a commitment or 2 or 3 this weekend. McDaniel, Cooke and Meyers (transfer) visited. Should hear something soon.

Megdal is reporting the 2 decommits from TAMU (#42 and #52) have chosen Maryland.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Has to sit out a year I believe?
No, she, like Evina sat out the year after playing at Tenn (Mimi was a Freshman and E was a Soph).

Reaction Score
Indiana is now the 2nd best team in the Big 10 next to Iowa. Maryland and tOSU are all guards and no post.
Could see Indiana winning the league over Iowa next year if the talent comes together quickly.

IU has had challenges recruiting in the past, and their recent stretch of success was the time to capitalize on available talent. They’ve done that, it appears. I like Teri Moren a lot so I’m happy to hear this news.

Reaction Score
I don’t really understand why Sam would choose Virginia. They aren’t likely to be competitive in the next couple of years. I understand they probably have the masters program she wanted, but it seems like she could have gone to a ‘better’ program.
Playing time and make an impact. A couple more transfers and they can compete.Doesn’t she also live close

Reaction Score
Sounding like Brenda got a commitment or 2 or 3 this weekend. McDaniel, Cooke and Meyers (transfer) visited. Should hear something soon.
I don’t know why anyone would go there it just seems like they get high value players then under perform and then head towards the portal. There is just something odd about that program they more than often don’t meet expectations and then people leave so what’s up?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Could see Indiana winning the league over Iowa next year if the talent comes together quickly.

IU has had challenges recruiting in the past, and their recent stretch of success was the time to capitalize on available talent. They’ve done that, it appears. I like Teri Moren a lot so I’m happy to hear this news.
Excuse me if I'm a bit ambivalent about this recent spate of in-bound transfer success for Teri Moren and the IU Hoosiers. Let me explain.

• I like Teri Moren as a coach. Her charges play smart and tough. They rarely beat themselves, so you'll see a lot of closely fought games.
  • She has had some recruiting challenges, but I'd argue they might tie in with her retention issues. She's had some very good players to the portal, even before the "play immediately" cards were in play: Jaelynn Penn and Brendu Yeaney come to mind.
  • As a whole, the transfers have done well -- Al Patberg and Brenna Wise, Nicole Cardano-Hillary. And she's played those two -- along with MacKenzie Holmes, Grace Berger and Aleksa Gulbe -- as ironwomen.
  • This year, Chloe Moore-McNeil (guard) and Kiandra Brown got minutes; in part, due to injuries to Holmes.

So, Patberg (finally) runs out of eligibility, as does Cardano-Hillary and Gulbe. Moren picks up a tall guard-wing in Sydney Parrish and a stretch in Geary. And now, Sara Scalia joins the backcourt to shoot the eyes out of the basket.

• On one hand, wahoo, particularly if I'm the Hoosiers were a pro team like the Fever. What a rebuild (Lin Dunn should be so lucky).
  • But IU is still a college team and what happens to the chances of Moore-McNeil, Brown and Grace Waggoner to get more PT? They worked hard their first couple of years to help the mainstays and now, well, keep your coat check at the door.
  • Maybe this is Teri Moren wanting to capitalize on having her two leading scorers -- Grace Berger and MacKenzie Holmes -- back. Or this is the new reality? Or, it could be viewed as the reason why Moren is having recruiting issues: why come there when she'll find something better in the portal? Once again, I'm not sure I blame her (from today's reality), but leaves me feeling for the kids who were wearing IU jerseys on the bench last year.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom