New school commitments by Transfers | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
Let's see if this works, separating the "new school" announcements from the transfers. Still gonna be wild.

Very interesting pick up for Oregon. Got to see her play for a year in Ontario. One of the most fit athletes I've ever seen at the HS age. Could be a good boost for the team defensively too. Her being familiar with the PAC-12 is also a plus.

Reaction Score
Is this where we talk about Aliyah Boston and Cameron Brink? :D
Will Smith GIF

Get out! :D

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Let's see if this works, separating the "new school" announcements from the transfers. Still gonna be wild.
Cool thread! I am not sure if you saw my post in the Transfer Portal thread, but I asked about the possibility of having this type of thread.
I hope posters stick to the "new school" announcement theme.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just an idea ... this thread will grow to gargantuan size if everybody posts reactions and commentary on every commitment. If the plan is to be a repository for quickly seeing the all important commitments, maybe it would be best to keep the all discussions/whether it seems a good fit, etc. on the regular portal and keep this one to 'just the facts' posts?

That is all - my two cents.
And go ahead and delete this post to keep the clutter down.

Reaction Score
Kierra Fletcher to SC from GaTech. There's the PG we need until Raven gets up to speed. Also Victaria Saxton using 5th year. Both big announcements.
Will Saxton be wnba level talent?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Kierra Fletcher to SC from GaTech. There's the PG we need until Raven gets up to speed. Also Victaria Saxton using 5th year. Both big announcements.

That's a remarkably astute pick-up by Coach Staley. She can work the point and slide over to off-guard. Fletcher is both tough and smart: she always played ND hard and scored on the Irish with jumpers and drives alike.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
These incoming Freshmen have every thing Caroline has and more. I hope these kids get the same treatment Caroline got. I'm among CD'biggest fans and I'm thrilled she play as she did. My hope is This will be the norm for good, better, best, Number 1 recruits. I don't know about A. DeBerry if she would have been more help with more experience--that is always a crap shoot. But she just wasn't ready when she was needed, would more PT fixed that?? Who knows??@ UCMiami, is this too far off topic, I need a religious point of view.

Reaction Score
Will Saxton be wnba level talent?
Given the depth at the 4 and 5 spots and her note that’s she’s returning to expand her game, I wonder if she’ll play some 3 this year. I was at the Final Four and Saxton was taking and making 3s in warmups. Not the same as doing it in games, but the capability is there.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

But what about those double digit girls Dawn had on the bench? Surely at least a couple of them must be ready to contribute more?

Reaction Score
Very interesting pick up for Oregon. Got to see her play for a year in Ontario. One of the most fit athletes I've ever seen at the HS age. Could be a good boost for the team defensively too. Her being familiar with the PAC-12 is also a plus.
She should be a great replacement for Maddie Scherr. Same intense defense with more offense.

Reaction Score
She should be a great replacement for Maddie Scherr. Same intense defense with more offense.
Sorry, but I didn't see much of Scherr this year. Personally, the word intense for Hanson is too mild a word for me. It will be very interesting to see her play with this roster around her. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Reaction Score
These incoming Freshmen have every thing Caroline has and more. I hope these kids get the same treatment Caroline got. I'm among CD'biggest fans and I'm thrilled she play as she did. My hope is This will be the norm for good, better, best, Number 1 recruits. I don't know about A. DeBerry if she would have been more help with more experience--that is always a crap shoot. But she just wasn't ready when she was needed, would more PT fixed that?? Who knows??@ UCMiami, is this too far off topic, I need a religious point of view.
Caroline who? Kennedy?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Caroline who? Kennedy?

Yes, Kennedy! Who else could it have been? Caroline DuCharme? I'm sorry, I thought everyone knew Caroline Kennedy played for Geno. I knew it was her by the Boston Accent .

Heck...can't see Caroline Ducharme heading for the door (knock on wood). However, I can report her older sister, Ashley, entered the door at Brown.

Reaction Score

That's a remarkably astute pick-up by Coach Staley. She can work the point and slide over to off-guard. Fletcher is both tough and smart: she always played ND hard and scored on the Irish with jumpers and drives alike.

She probably remembers her from that sweet 16 game we played against GT last season. I remember exactly what you described. She was stressing me out in the second half of that game.

Reaction Score
Given the depth at the 4 and 5 spots and her note that’s she’s returning to expand her game, I wonder if she’ll play some 3 this year. I was at the Final Four and Saxton was taking and making 3s in warmups. Not the same as doing it in games, but the capability is there.
She has nice form on her jump shot. Saxton should be a double figure scorer.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
She is NOT my type nor anyone’s type who values respect and sportsmanship in a player. What she did to Aaliyah on the out of bounds ball in our UCF is unconscionable and her hard fouls completely unnecessary.
Are you referring to something that happened out of bounds in the corner early in the UCF game? I never did know what happened there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom