New school commitments by Transfers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
She is NOT my type nor anyone’s type who values respect and sportsmanship in a player. What she did to Aaliyah on the out of bounds ball in our UCF is unconscionable and her hard fouls completely unnecessary.
I thought she was really good but I only saw her play in the UConn game. She is physical and I expect UGA will be a more physical team given their new coach.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It was posted on the Transfer Portal thread that Sam Brunelle (ND) has announced (tweeted) that she will be moving on to UVA.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Commitment or visit?
I took her tweet to mean she is going there but I guess nowadays, one can't be sure what anyone really means in a tweet.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Visit. Think there is a good chance she lands there but definitely not official yet.

Can very much see this working on court. However, I'm also interested in the corresponding academic aspect of this equation. Sam is a Film & Television major and mentioned in her "moving on" tweet she was looking for a grad program, to boot. UVA is a great school, but it does not have masters in those areas (I was on the UVA site this morning....). However, maybe there's another area she wants to master in? (say she wants to get into education like her mom...great educational programs).

If she's looking for nearby schools with solid communication grad programs, there's Maryland, who need some forwards.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If she's looking for nearby schools with solid communication grad programs, there's Maryland, who need some forwards.

Stay tuned.
I hear Maryland has some roster spots available.

BTW, coveted Princeton grad transfer Abby Meyers is visiting Maryland this weekend.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Looks like a visit
Visit. Think there is a good chance she lands there but definitely not official yet.
I am going to refrain from commenting on tweets, I am doing the "0 for XXX" thing lately.
My intent in my first post was to relay the info from the Transfer Portal thread to the Announcement thread. I guess I was wrong in doing that too. :(

Reaction Score
Can very much see this working on court. However, I'm also interested in the corresponding academic aspect of this equation. Sam is a Film & Television major and mentioned in her "moving on" tweet she was looking for a grad program, to boot. UVA is a great school, but it does not have masters in those areas (I was on the UVA site this morning....). However, maybe there's another area she wants to master in? (say she wants to get into education like her mom...great educational programs).

Stay tuned.
UCLA (and Wesleyan, CT) are the two top film schools in the country

Reaction Score
I thought USC was noted for its film school, not UCLA.
UCLA is having a hiccup, and ranks behind USC, but it is generally a top-10 film school. Also, the basketball outlook seems a bit more stable at the moment. Only one scholarship slot open, though.

Reaction Score
The UVA Arts Department hosts an annual Virginia Film Festival that’s very well regarded, so I’m guessing they have some sort of film program.

Reaction Score
She is NOT my type nor anyone’s type who values respect and sportsmanship in a player. What she did to Aaliyah on the out of bounds ball in our UCF is unconscionable and her hard fouls completely unnecessary.
Rugby should have been her first choice.

Reaction Score
When I read your post the one thing that stood out the most to me...the one "dislike" you received by crash96. The name seems to go along with the content of your post. :D

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Makes sense on many fronts:
  • IU was one of her finalists back in high school. I think she grew up pretty close to Bloomington.
  • There are two starting guards slots open: Ali Patberg (finally) is moving on, as is Nicole Cardano-Hilary
  • Both of those players, incidentally, were transfers, as well. IU Coach Teri Moren has a good track record here.
  • She gets to play next to Grace Berger and MacKenzie Holmes. Not bad.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I've wondered if Maddie Scherr might make a similar move and return home to Kentucky. They've lost a ton of talent.
Hmm, which may be one reason why not to go there.
Interestingly, I think the move for her might be to join fellow Duck Parrish and fellow Kentuckian Grace Berger at IU.

As noted, both Ali Patberg and Nicole Cardano-Hilary, who handled the lead guard duties for IU, have graduated. Parrish and Berger have handles but are better suited to finish. Scherr could stage manage.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom