New school commitments by Transfers | Page 40 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
The mystery to me with the Adia Barnes Transfer Portal Extravaganza (subtitle, "Everyone Everywhere All At Once") is that many of her apparent problem children from this past year were themselves products of the transfer portal last off-season.

So I guess the question should be whether she failed to screen for "culture" when recruiting from the portal last season, or if maybe, just maybe, it is harder to teach "culture" in 4 months than she anticipated... If the latter, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...
I wonder what their starting lineup will be. Like does Lauren Ware start? Also how much will the freshmen play. I feel like Adia discussed how hard it was to manage a deep rotation but I feel like they may be even deeper than last year.

Reaction Score
I wonder what their starting lineup will be. Like does Lauren Ware start? Also how much will the freshmen play. I feel like Adia discussed how hard it was to manage a deep rotation but I feel like they may be even deeper than last year.
Agreed. With the number of 5th year players returning, it will be something to watch as non-conference play starts.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think you can pencil in Reese and Pellington. I think Ware is a possibility, if she will play both her and Reese together. I think probably Conner or Pueyo but not likely both. But what do I know.

I will say, absent personal knowledge of the issues and an ability to compare with our transfer / portal gets - either Sanchez or Vonleh could have been a good keep - but I doubt either was going to be a starter. As I've posted before, both showed talent at times, but no consistency - of course, a lack of playing time affected that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Are we really surprised at this one ? She took her visit last weekend to NCST and now she's ready to commit . Did she visit Duke or UNC ?

Not surprised. It made the most sense. Not sure if she ever visited Duke or that other school u mentioned

Reaction Score
Are we really surprised at this one ? She took her visit last weekend to NCST and now she's ready to commit . Did she visit Duke or UNC ?
Doubt she visited Duke. They're stacked with guards and their roster was full before she visited NC State.

All I know is that my wish list of games to watch next season continues to grow. There are a lot of interesting match ups in the ACC for guard play and I'm loving it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Doubt she visited Duke. They're stacked with guards and their roster was full before she visited NC State.

All I know is that my wish list of games to watch next season continues to grow. There are a lot of interesting match ups in the ACC for guard play and I'm loving it.
Does NC St. play UCONN next season? Keep in mind that Rivers was a "Do not contact" when she entered into the transfer portal. The fact that she only took 1 visit leads me to believe this was her destination all along.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Yeah.. I'm waiting with bated breath for that Pitt/Clemson battle ;)

Reaction Score
Does NC St. play UCONN next season? Keep in mind that Rivers was a "Do not contact" when she entered into the transfer portal. The fact that she only took 1 visit leads me to believe this was her destination all along.
I recall several posting that NC State was going to be the school she chose.

Reaction Score
I hope she thrives there. She's a much better player than she showed last year at SC in limited minutes.
She got good, competitive minutes, - not end-of-game-mop-up minutes.

She showed good defensive skills and great athleticism which can add up to a great defensive player.

She just never hit an offensive groove or anything close to it as a freshman. Kinda' odd since she led the nation in scoring as a high school senior. She had some great looking drives and shots but they just wouldn't go down. Her fg percentage was stunningly poor. She got good minutes through the end of the championship run, which showed that Dawn believed in her.

She can be a star if Les can figure out how to open the lid on the basket.

Reaction Score
Better than top 15, I think.
Agreed. Brown Turner really upped her game this tournament (she been a good player imo, but in the national eyes, she really performed).

They may not be better than this past team. But I can see them making a run late season after everyone start to gel and the lineups get sealed

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

She showed good defensive skills and great athleticism which can add up to a great defensive player.

She just never hit an offensive groove or anything close to it as a freshman. Kinda' odd since she led the nation in scoring as a high school senior. She had some great looking drives and shots but they just wouldn't go down. Her fg percentage was stunningly poor. She got good minutes through the end of the championship run, which showed that Dawn believed in her.

I worded it wrong, she didn't have limited minutes but was playing a more limited role. She was never a focal point offensively (understandably so) and never found her rhythm or looked comfortable offensively. My guess is she makes big strides next year at NC State.

Reaction Score

I feel the best part of Rivers’ game was her ability to connect on some fantastic passes, a skill she was exhibiting from the very get go in the preseason with the intrasquad event and then the exhibition game. Seemed to just come natural to her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom