New school commitments by Transfers | Page 41 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This could move State pass Duke in the ACC

Good choice for Saniya! She was somewhat different from what I expected this year. Her shooting (sadly) was poor, but she was better than I expected at ball handling, passing, and defending. She'll be fine in time.

Reaction Score
Are we really surprised at this one ? She took her visit last weekend to NCST and now she's ready to commit . Did she visit Duke or UNC ?
Not surprising at all. Considering her sister went there back in the day and she already seemed confident in her next destination, I would have been shocked if it was anywhere else.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing her at UNC only because that would only further the Jordan connection.

Reaction Score
Texas done reloaded. I think she will play defense though. I know people may question it. But hopefully Vic can get it out of her.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas done reloaded. I think she will play defense though. I know people may question it. But hopefully Vic can get it out of her.
Not done yet I don't believe. Still have two scholarship openings. Really hoping Georgia grad-transfer, PG Gabby Connally is considering Texas. And, I think we have a silent commitment from another post player; if it's true, should be announced soon as Summer session classes begin June 2.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas has definitely picked up two good, experienced players from the transfer portal. The key for the conference season is who of Texas' new additions (transfers and high school signees) can guard OU's Taylor Robertson and ISU's Ashley Joens? Joanne Allen-Taylor most often handled those defensive assignments, and Audrey Warren helped out with those assignments, as well. And, now Baylor will have Aijha Blackwell who will be very tough to guard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It might be Iowa State's year. They return almost everyone
While true, I fully expect Iowa St to drop games like they normally do to teams that play physical with them.

They could win it for sure. They definitely are in the discussion

Texas/Baylor/Iowa St/ OU should be interesting. Very wide open year

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It might be Iowa State's year. They return almost everyone
Their success depends on how their newcomers do; not sure how much additional scoring they can get from Joens, Ryan, and Donarski. 6'6 Stephani Soares has to be ready to help. Seems like a giant step for ISU to improve upon four 20+ point losses to Baylor and Texas, and one additional OT loss to Texas in the Big 12 semi's.

Obviously, Baylor had some huge front court personnel losses. And, Texas had some losses in their backcourt. OU might be the team that had the least number of key personnel losses, and added some new pieces; maybe they will improve defensively.

Reaction Score
Their success depends on how their newcomers do; not sure how much additional scoring they can get from Joens, Ryan, and Donarski. 6'6 Stephani Soares has to be ready to help. Seems like a giant step for ISU to improve upon four 20+ point losses to Baylor and Texas, and one additional OT loss to Texas in the Big 12 semi's.

Obviously, Baylor had some huge front court personnel losses. And, Texas had some losses in their backcourt. OU might be the team that had the least number of key personnel losses, and added some new pieces; maybe they will improve defensively.
This 100%. Diew also could be in line help on the scoring front based on how her play improved towards the end of the season.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
While true, I fully expect Iowa St to drop games like they normally do to teams that play physical with them.

They could win it for sure. They definitely are in the discussion

Texas/Baylor/Iowa St/ OU should be interesting. Very wide open year
The only two Big 12 teams like that this past season were Texas and Baylor. I think Texas will remain very physical defensively even with the trio of senior personnel losses; not sure what to expect from Baylor defensively after losing Ebgo and Smith's length.

Reaction Score
The only two Big 12 teams like that this past season were Texas and Baylor. I think Texas will remain very physical defensively even with the trio of senior personnel losses; not sure what to expect from Baylor defensively after losing Ebgo and Smith's length.
I will be interested to see what Collen can get out of Blackwell and Edwards defensively. They are terrific scorers but were pretty lazy defenders at their previous stops. Missouri was all offense and no defense. Edwards does play D at times but it felt like Kentuckys entire team went through the motion more times than not last year.

I’m sure it will be a wake up call for Morris at Texas because Vic doesn’t tolerate lack of effort on the defensive end. DePaul never played defense it felt like.

Reaction Score
Texas and Indiana to me got the perfect pieces for their team this summer. I'm not sure if either will get the love or be deemed as portal champions, but as far as getting players that not only fit, but could potentially take them to another level, I think they did a great job.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Texas and Indiana to me got the perfect pieces for their team this summer. I'm not sure if either will get the love or be deemed as portal champions, but as far as getting players that not only fit, but could potentially take them to another level, I think they did a great job.

You must have missed it. Tennessee was already declared 2022 portal champs, they even have a banner to prove it ;)

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

Taylor Bigby (Oregon) to USC

Interesting. One knock on Gottlieb at Cal was that she wasn't a great recruiter, and actually had her best year with Joanne Boyle's recruits, and by the time she left, the cupboard was d@mn near bare.

So far, her transfer portal recruiting has been pretty good, so it'll be interesting to see whether she can drag U$C out of the PAC-12 cellar (I like her a lot as a person and a mentor, but I'm skeptical she's a stellar coach).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Interesting. One knock on Gottlieb at Cal was that she wasn't a great recruiter, and actually had her best year with Joanne Boyle's recruits, and by the time she left, the cupboard was d@mn near bare.

So far, her transfer portal recruiting has been pretty good, so it'll be interesting to see whether she can drag U$C out of the PAC-12 cellar (I like her a lot as a person and a mentor, but I'm skeptical she's a stellar coach).
Maybe the kids think USC is South Carolina. Tricky.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think portal recruiting is a really interesting situation now, and certainly a boon to coaches with bad rosters or who are losing a lot of their own recruits, but ...
1. I wonder if it will become a self perpetuating situation for these coaches - bringing in players on top of their own roster causing current players to be more likely to transfer and discouraging potential good recruits from committing.

2. I wonder if we are creating the WCBB version of the men's 'one and done' situation, but with the one and dones being the portal ringers brought in.

Reaction Score

Gottlieb dug her own grave with recruiting at Cal. Never recruited depth. Tried to be super selective and especially so with local kids in Cal's backyard (some of whom blossomed elsewhere). Preferred athletes over shooters and never really developing those athletes. Wasted her time with players who would never in a million years pick Cal (e.g. Kalani Brown, Cameron Brink...never even put Cal on the long lists). Apparently, botched recruiting Mariya Moore (and probably didn't even offer Minyon).

USC has always sold itself. She will do better at USC than Cal. Of the 5 transfers she scored, I'm keeping a eye own the little explosive PG from UC Irvine who can shoot the 3, probably the least heralded of the group, but seems like a sleeper. And position-wise the 5 complement the two returning bigs 6'6" Clarice Akunwafo and 6'4" with limitless potential Rayah Marshall.

We'll see if her 2025 verbal PG "prodigy" Brooklyn Shamblin can live up to the hype as one of just 7 c/o 2025 invitees to the USA U17 tryouts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom