New school commitments by Transfers | Page 43 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
Huge for Michigan. I think they could compete for Big Ten Champions with 4 of their top 5 scorers back.
I think this is interesting. I like all their returning players. I really like Leigha Brown and Phelia but it will be interesting to see if either can become a go-to player. I do think they are bit behind Ohio State, Iowa, Maryland, Indiana, and Nebraska but definitely a tourney team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lattimore making a show of her transfer is just sickening ....she's not even top caliber to be making this big of a fuss. Who cares where you go your not going to be the impact player at LSU for sure. Miami has Oldacre you could possibly play with but wont get far in the Tourney.

Reaction Score
Lattimore making a show of her transfer is just sickening ....she's not even top caliber to be making this big of a fuss. Who cares where you go your not going to be the impact player at LSU for sure. Miami has Oldacre you could possibly play with but wont get far in the Tourney.
I don't take things that serious anymore. Kids will be kids

Unless she slid in a secret visit, don't think she has visited LSU. She visited Miami recently so I expect her to end up there.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

L. Lattimore deciding between LSU and Miami. I guess I can get on board with this considering Gusters doesn't care about basketball anymore. She'd be behind multiple players next year though if thats a factor.

I'm pretty sure she is going to Miami

What am I missing? Her Miami photo shows the word "COMMITTED" in the background, but her LSU photo does not.

Angel Reese and Rickea Jackson's comments indicate LSU will be her choice.

Reaction Score
What am I missing? Her Miami photo shows the word "COMMITTED" in the background, but her LSU photo does not.

Angel Reese and Rickea Jackson's comments indicate LSU will be her choice.
Someone made an edit but I don't think its LSU but I said the same thing consistently about Angel Reese. Again, I don't think she even visited yet and my buddy close to the program tells me whenever recruits are in town. She was supposed to visit LSU last summer but committed to Texas after her Baylor visit.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Someone made an edit but I don't think its LSU but I said the same thing consistently about Angel Reese. Again, I don't think she even visited yet and my buddy close to the program tells me whenever recruits are in town. She was supposed to visit LSU last summer but committed to Texas after her Baylor visit.
Even Katari Poole commented on her IG post. Don't think 2 LSU players would show that much interest if Lattimore hadn't visited LSU. Also saw that asst. coach Bob Starkey started following her.

Reaction Score
Even Katari Poole commented on her IG post. Don't think 2 LSU players would show that much interest if Lattimore hadn't visited LSU. Also saw that asst. coach Bob Starkey started following her.
I mean I hope they get her. Truth be told LSU needs more depth in the post and I think its clear adding her says a lot about the coaches trust in Gusters/Bartlett. Kim's words about those two in a interview this week didn't inspire much confidence. They added Reese and Williams, also have Sa'Myah Smith coming in. I think Kim will try to add as much talent as she possibly can and try to make it work. LSU's post play was not very good this past year although I do believe they did the most they could do with Trasi, Newby and Aifuwa.

If not its no big deal for this year. Not sure what Miami's depth chart looks like exactly

But multiple other Miami players commented and she started following the Miami assistant coach.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I mean I hope they get her. Truth be told LSU needs more depth in the post and I think its clear adding her says a lot about the coaches trust in Gusters/Bartlett. Kim's words about those two in a interview this week didn't inspire much confidence. They added Reese and Williams, also have Sa'Myah Smith coming in. I think Kim will try to add as much talent as she possibly can and try to make it work. LSU's post play was not very good this past year although I do believe they did the most they could do with Trasi, Newby and Aifuwa.

If not its no big deal for this year. Not sure what Miami's depth chart looks like exactly

But multiple other Miami players commented and she started following the Miami assistant coach.
My understanding is that Lattimore doesn't want to play in the post; that's one of the probable reasons she left Texas; seems like she wants to play out on the wing.

And, just to clarify, the details I stated previously about others commenting on her IG post wasn't so much to indicate she'd pick LSU, but simply to suggest that she had to have visited LSU otherwise those LSU players wouldn't even be commenting in the first place.

Reaction Score

L. Lattimore deciding between LSU and Miami. I guess I can get on board with this considering Gusters doesn't care about basketball anymore. She'd be behind multiple players next year though if thats a factor.

I'm pretty sure she is going to Miami

Lattimore is leaving what school to enter into the portal?

Reaction Score

My understanding is that Lattimore doesn't want to play in the post; that's one of the probable reasons she left Texas; seems like she wants to play out on the wing.

And, just to clarify, the details I stated previously about others commenting on her IG post wasn't so much to indicate she'd pick LSU, but simply to suggest that she had to have visited LSU otherwise those LSU players wouldn't even be commenting in the first place.

The main question about Lattimore is whether she's willing to be physical inside, regardless if she plays as a wing or a post. That's been the question for me watching her over the years. If you look at her minutes last year, her minutes against tougher teams like Baylor, weren't alot.

If she goes to LSU, I don't know how it will work with both her and Reese as I recall Reese wants to be a wing as well. And she's going to have to be willing to be physical against the types of Boston, Key, Saxton, Amihere, etc., in the paint.

Miami seems like an unusual option, but I don't know enough about the depth chart. I do recall seeing one of their bigs being able to shoot from outside during the tournament, so that could be attractive to her because it means she may get to be outside the key more. The fact there is a guard from Toronto, Dwyer on the roster could help. I recall she had played with her on occasion during her high school days.

Reaction Score
If she goes to LSU, I don't know how it will work with both her and Reese as I recall Reese wants to be a wing as well.
Reese is playing the 4, she even said during one of her IG lives that is what she is playing at LSU and wants to.

Now I don’t know how Lattimore would do on the wing. She has to be more physical in general but she was a freshmen last season coming off the knee issue to be fair

Reaction Score
Reese is playing the 4, she even said during one of her IG lives that is what she is playing at LSU and wants to.

Now I don’t know how Lattimore would do on the wing. She has to be more physical in general but she was a freshmen last season coming off the knee issue to be fair

I get the knee injury would have some impact with her freshman season, however past performances during HS and AAU were mixed with respect to physicality. I recall her struggling against a strong FBC team that had Cardoso and Cochran when her AAU team faced them a couple times. When matched up against Alexander of Mich State, during their HS days, she didn't seem to like it and Crestwood would try to avoid having them matched up together.

If you watch footage from Lattimore's HS days, she would be on the outside a bit. It was rare to ever see her play solely as a 5. Also, if my memory serves correct, she was always promoted as a wing-type of player by her AAU coach/manager.

Regardless of which program she chooses, she's going to need to get tougher. That's why I still think leaving Texas didn't make sense because of who she would train against and the competition they would face. Of course, there's more reasons to why she left that we'll never know about, but on paper, it still looked to be a better fit.

Reaction Score

Lattimore in the wing won't work. I know Kim will have rotations when 3 bigs will be in though.

Reaction Score
Lattimore in the wing won't work. I know Kim will have rotations when 3 bigs will be in though.
That is what is confusing. I can't see her playing the wing at LSU. Maybe her intentions or goals are different though than what is being spewed or thought of over the internet (not attacking anyone). Most of us never know the true reasons some of these kids transfer. My gut tells me Miami, but if she chooses LSU then great. I hope it works out for her.

Reaction Score
That is what is confusing. I can't see her playing the wing at LSU. Maybe her intentions or goals are different though than what is being spewed or thought of over the internet (not attacking anyone). Most of us never know the true reasons some of these kids transfer. My gut tells me Miami, but if she chooses LSU then great. I hope it works out for her.
If she chooses LSU its because she wants to make the WNBA and being coach by mulkey increases those chances versus being coached by Katie Meier apologize if i spelled her name wrong .

Reaction Score
That will be fun against Boston/Saxton/Amihere or Cardoso. I think we will see that a lot more this year.

Reaction Score
That will be fun against Boston/Saxton/Amihere or Cardoso. I think we will see that a lot more this year.
Lol gonna be fun. But lord SC front court is still very intimidating lol even with our upgrade in talent. But...... I think the matchup overall will be close still.

Reaction Score

Miami it is for Latasha Lattimore

Great landing spot for her. I was confused since she hadn't visited LSU unless she is comfortable deciding schools that way. I will be interested to see if she plays the wing there like some have alluded to. Not sure what Miami looks like next year, not super familiar with their roster.

Someone may be able to chime in on that.

Side note, I just continue to chuckle at all these 100% or 110% committed posts when most of them end up leaving after a year or two. What is the max % you can be committed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom