New school commitments by Transfers | Page 45 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
You mean like Mompremier who left Mulkey's program at Baylor was developed by Meier and is playing in the WNBA vs K. Brown and L. Cox who are not?
Yes she's in the league. Playing, another matter. Her minutes this season in Atlanta have been scarce. Not sure what's going with her situation.

Reaction Score
You mean like Mompremier who left Mulkey's program at Baylor was developed by Meier and is playing in the WNBA vs K. Brown and L. Cox who are not?
Mompremier developed at Miami ? Or did she become the Main player ? Beatrice does not get drafted without going to baylor come onnnnn LOL

Reaction Score
Kalanis style of play was never going to translate to the WNBA. Fabulous college player though

Cox is more surprising although I know she has been up and down dealing with her diabetes, which got worse when she dealt with COVID. Hope she is doing better now.

But let’s not bash a player for going to a school they choose. If they are talented and work hard enough they can get to the next level regardless of where they play in college.

Reaction Score
Kalanis style of play was never going to translate to the WNBA. Fabulous college player though

Cox is more surprising although I know she has been up and down dealing with her diabetes, which got worse when she dealt with COVID. Hope she is doing better now.

But let’s not bash a player for going to a school they choose. If they are talented and work hard enough they can get to the next level regardless of where they play in college.
Other than Brittany Griner, I cannot think of a post player for Kim who succeeded in the WNBA. Kim
had some excellent post players but I just do not think Kim’s style of play translated well to the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Other than Brittany Griner, I cannot think of a post player for Kim who succeeded in the WNBA. Kim
had some excellent post players but I just do not think Kim’s style of play translated well to the WNBA.
Well she may have another one. I expect Smith to be highly successful in the WNBA for a long time. Egbo on the other hand I’m skeptical if she will even last. Wouldn’t be surprised, she wasn’t a very consistent post in college. She’s still only a rookie. She has to improve her game offensively, still too inconsistent but she’s super athletic, lengthy which is good on the boards and defensively

With all that said it’s hard as heck to make the WNBA these days. The amount of great players getting cut or not ending up on a roster now is getting higher each year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well she may have another one. I expect Smith to be highly successful in the WNBA for a long time. Egbo on the other hand I’m skeptical if she will even last. Wouldn’t be surprised, she wasn’t a very consistent post in college. She’s still only a rookie. She has to improve her game offensively, still too inconsistent but she’s super athletic, lengthy which is good on the boards and defensively

With all that said it’s hard as heck to make the WNBA these days. The amount of great players getting cut or not ending up on a roster now is getting higher each year.
Egbo has actually over achieved so far in her WNBA career starting for Indy. I was one who thought she needed to stay at Baylor to develop but she's playing 10x's better than she ever did in college.

Reaction Score
Egbo has actually over achieved so far in her WNBA career starting for Indy. I was one who thought she needed to stay at Baylor to develop but she's playing 10x's better than she ever did in college.
Egbo has been incredible for the Fever.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Huh. I didn't really get Jade Loville going there last year, and I don't get this one either.

Reaction Score
Another UCF -> Georgia transfer. This says a lot to me about how much the players like Coach Abe.

Yeah, obviously the players love Coach Abe. I was really hoping some of them would stay but no such luck. Coach Messer has pulled in about 8 players last I heard but next year is going to be a pretty rough most likely.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yeah, obviously the players love Coach Abe. I was really hoping some of them would stay but no such luck. Coach Messer has pulled in about 8 players last I heard but next year is going to be a pretty rough most likely.
We all know that recruits sign to play for THE COACH, not the school. Schools don't recruit players, coaches do. Now with the liberal transfer rules, if the coach leaves, the players have the option of leaving also. You signed to play for a particular coach (and their staff). There's nothing to say that the returning players will want to play for the incoming coach who they don't know, nor have any relationship with, or that the new coach will want them.

It's a two way street. Kara Lawson and Kim Mulkey purged their roster when they took over their respective programs. There were players there that they didn't want. Plus, they needed to make room and scholarships available for the new players they wanted to bring in.

Don't think new incoming coaches have never told a returning player that they would be better served (and happier) at another school. If I like my coach and he/she leaves, why wouldn't I want to go with them? :rolleyes: I never blame players for leaving if their coach does. When the coach and the staff leaves, the program they committed to and signed up for no longer exists at that school. :confused:

Reaction Score
Another UCF -> Georgia transfer. This says a lot to me about how much the players like Coach Abe.

It helped that Georgia had all of those open scholarships due to transfers and players graduating.

Reaction Score
Latasha.jpg

Reaction Score
Huh. I didn't really get Jade Loville going there last year, and I don't get this one either.

Why? ASU has always been a fine program and was in the Sweet 16 the year before Covid.

And honestly, I have a theory that sometimes when a school starts to achieve success (Univ. of Arizona), it actually helps their rival school in recruiting.

I am SO impressed by Adair already. What more could you ask for in a 1st year coach from a completely different part of the country assembling a group of 5 quality transfers (well, 1 was an incoming freshman who followed Adair from Delaware to ASU).

It's exciting for the Pac-12 that she's recruiting outside the traditional geographic region that is usually our conference's talent pool.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Why? ASU has always been a fine program and was in the Sweet 16 the year before Covid.
I didn't mean it as a knock on ASU, it was more a matter of fit. Loville was definitely known more for offense than D, and ASU is pretty much the opposite of that.

CTT had a very nice career there, but they've been downtrending in recent years, and now they have a new coach. We'll see where they go from here.

Reaction Score
Kamaria McDaniel to Michigan State

Penn St > Baylor > Michigan St

I hope she has a great last year unfortunately she couldn't stay healthy and get into groove at Baylor. I loved watching her at Penn St.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Khadija Faye's stats her first two season at Texas Tech:

SOPHOMORE (2021-22):
• Made 19 appearances with nine starts
• Missed the final 10 games of the season due to injury
• Grabbed five offensive rebounds and 10 total rebounds in a win over Weber State (Nov. 16)
• Poured in a career-high 22 points on perfect 9-of-9 shooting from the field and 4-for-4 from the line against Texas State
Erupted for 15 points, 5 rebounds and 6 blocks against No. 20 Georgia (Dec. 2)
Grabbed 11 rebounds and had three blocks in a win against No. 9 Texas (Jan. 5)
Scored 11 points with eight rebounds and five steals against All-American Ayoka Lee and the Kansas State Wildcats (Jan. 15)
• Had 18 points and 9 rebounds at TCU (Jan. 19).

FRESHMAN (2020-21)
• Had an outstanding freshman season for the Lady Raiders, appearing in 19 games for the Lady Raiders
• Started the final 15 games
• Missed the first six games of the season to represent Senegal in the U18 FIBA Afrobasket games in Egypt
• Averaged 5.6 points, 4.9 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game
• Her 1.1 blocks per game ranked ninth in the Big 12 and second on the team
• Ranked third among Big 12 freshmen in rebounding
• Finished with four double-digit scoring games, which included one 20-point game
• Had six multi-block games
• Had one double-double on the year
• Led the Lady Raiders in rebounding five times, steals twice and blocks six times
• In only the second game of her collegiate career, had 10 points, four rebounds, four blocks and a steal in the win over Incarnate Word (Dec. 29)
• Had eight points on 4-of-7 (.571) shooting, seven rebounds, an assist, three blocks and a steal against Oklahoma (Jan. 6)
• Helped Tech to its first win over Texas in eight years with six points, four rebounds and a steal against the 20th-ranked Longhorns (Jan. 30)
Turned in the best game of her career to date in the win over Kansas State (2/3), with 20 points,14 rebounds, two assists, two blocks and a steal matched up against All-Big 12 post Ayoka Lee
• Against Oklahoma State (Feb. 13), recorded 10 points, eight rebounds, an assist and two blocks
• Finished with four points, eight rebounds and two blocks in the overtime win over Kansas (Feb. 20)
• Had 10 points and five rebounds at Oklahoma (Mar. 1)

HIGH SCHOOL
• Faye joined the Lady Raider program from Dakar, Senegal by way of Father Lopez Catholic High School in Daytona, Fla.
• Faye played her senior season at Father Lopez Catholic in 2019-20 after having to sit out her junior season after transferring from Florida Prep where she was a standout
• As a senior, Faye helped the Green Wave to a 26-3 overall record and a spot in the 3A state quarterfinals
• Faye ranked as the No. 13 center in the class of 2020 by ESPN.

PERSONAL
• Faye was born in Senegal
• She is one of five children in her family, and is the first in her family to play collegiate sports
• Off the court in high school, she was a member of her school's French Honor Society
• Her hobbies include watching movies and hanging out with friends
• Faye hopes to one day be a gynecologist.

Reaction Score
This is the type of post Coach Schaefer likes.
There was suspicion Texas has had a silent post commitment for months now, if I recall, so that tracks.

Longhorns traded Ebo and Lattimore for Jones and Faye. That’s an upgrade, no doubt. Anything can happen but Vic has played in the last five Elite Eights and I’d be surprised if it doesn’t become six with this roster he’s got going.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom