New school commitments by Transfers | Page 39 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
Luckily im on my phone as opposed to my laptop, cause i had a few gifs in mind in response to this post. :mad:

Aint no way on God's green earth that Duke finishes in 9th or below. As the esteemed rapper Future so eloquently stated.. Aint no way. Aint no (expletive deleted) way.
Duke is going to finish high up in ACC next season. Addition of two pretty darn good Oregon State players, who slugged it out in the PAC-12. Taya Corosdale is as solid as they come, and makes Duke immediately better. Kennedy Brown is also a solid 6'6 BIG and again will immediately make Duke a better team. Watch out for Duke next season! My new favorite team east of the Rockies!!!!

Reaction Score
I wish there was a tracker as far as the top remaining transfers left. Off the top of my head.

Sonya Morris
Saniya Rivers
Latasha Lattimore
Ashley Scoggin
Emily Kiser
Destiny Thomas
Alyza Winston

Pretty solid group tbh.

Last I recall, through this thread, was there were reports that Rivers was visiting NC State this past weekend.

There also was a post in the thread noting Lattimore had visited Kentucky and Miami, but not sure if it was verified.

I've heard rumours that Kiser is returning to Michigan, but haven't been able to confirm.

Reaction Score
Duke is going to finish high up in ACC next season. Addition of two pretty darn good Oregon State players, who slugged it out in the PAC-12. Taya Corosdale is as solid as they come, and makes Duke immediately better. Kennedy Brown is also a solid 6'6 BIG and again will immediately make Duke a better team. Watch out for Duke next season! My new favorite team east of the Rockies!!!!

Guess we shall see what kind of coach Kara really is!

Reaction Score
When you say high up, do you mean like top 5 in the ACC?

Reaction Score
hey we will take all the players we can get, especially someone who won a ring. Need all the ammunition we can get vs Ucla who prob is kicking our butts.
She’a a great 3 pt shooter. Destiny lives with a chip on her shoulder (in a good way) so you will get her best. Take care of that young lady and I hope she tears it up over there in California.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Oh hey. Another new school announcement ... ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wish there was a tracker as far as the top remaining transfers left. Off the top of my head.

Sonya Morris
Saniya Rivers
Latasha Lattimore
Ashley Scoggin
Emily Kiser
Destiny Thomas
Alyza Winston

Pretty solid group tbh.
Just wanted to add a few names for consideration.

Treasure Hunt
Morasha Wiggins
Taylor Bigby
Azana Baines

Reaction Score
I think all the SC transfers have found a new team except for Saniyah Rivers. Eniyah Russell - Kentucky, Destiny Littleton - Southern Cal, Elisa Wesolek - N Fla.

Reaction Score
Dawn coined the phrase "Fams" instead of "Fans" several years ago to represent the SC fan base. "Fam" is short for "family". Meaning that we are not fans but family.
I thought that's what she meant when she spoke of a "Fam" who contacted her just before a game. I believe he/she was seated way up high (maybe Colonial Life Arena) and wouldn't have a good view of the game, so Dawn got a better seating arrangement. Silly me thought she said "Fan", but after listening to her speak, I realized she said, "Fams". And as you've explained in your response, I think that's a nice way of her to connect with the fans, to let them know they're more than paying recipients of a great show, (the women's BB games). They're a part of the FAMily.

Reaction Score
Apparently you also struggle with reading an entire thread before you shoot your mouth off. Maybe try that first and then we will talk.
Come on now, no need for such harshness. Remember that some of us here don't understand some things, so we may be requested/required to give clearer explanations. Now, I also understand that the phrase "....dismounting from your high horse..." was not necessary, but remember, it takes two to fight, war, argue, or .......

PS: Let us be decent to each other and show respect to all, even in disagreement. This board is a safe place for us to communicate, regardless of our opinions. There's so much negativity in the outside world, so let's be kind to each other.

Reaction Score
I believed, incorrectly, that the conversation was within the Gamecock WBB thread bc Triad and I had been joking with each other within that thread. I didn't notice until I looked closer this morning that this was the transfer thread bc I was curious why it had gone unnoticed that the light-hearted banter had been occurring and was completely harmless kidding around.

My apologies for hijacking the thread. I did not intend to as I stated. Makes me a complete and total hypocrite bc I made a snide comment to someone in the comments here about them not reading through the entire conversation to notice I was joking around when I was doing that exact same thing myself by not paying attention to what thread I was in. I absolutely own when I've made mistakes and I apologize for having done so.
OK, you're forgiven. We're friends again.

Reaction Score
Dawn didn't coin the phrase, she appropriated Fam/Fams. It is a slang term that has been used in the South for years, mainly by younger kids. Shorthand from texting.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
At least she can stay in the same city. Moving up from the Big South to the Socon

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
At least she can stay in the same city. Moving up from the Big South to the SoCon.

Well, thank you Triad - something I just didn't know. I had to look it up - Spartanburg - I had no idea.

Before all the conference musical chairs began (over 10 years ago), I had a very good handle on what conference all the mid-major teams were in - I was tracking the top 70 or so "well known" referees by conference each day and a lot of those top east coast refs that work the ACC and SEC also work conferences like the Big South. But as to where schools are physically located, for the most part its a closed book. Even schools that identify the state, like Upstate or FGCU or Florida Atlantic or Florida International - well, don't ask me the city. I'm good with the Power 5, AAC, A10, Big East and a number of individual schools (for example, Rutgers played at and we were there at Old Dominion and Illinois State and Gonzaga and Pepperdine . . .)

That must be a real "college" town with 2 schools.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, thank you Triad - something I just didn't know. I had to look it up - Spartanburg - I had no idea.

Before all the conference musical chairs began (over 10 years ago), I had a very good handle on what conference all the mid-major teams were in - I was tracking the top 70 or so "well known" referees by conference each day and a lot of those top east coast refs that work the ACC and SEC also work conferences like the Big South. But as to where schools are physically located, for the most part its a closed book. Even schools that identify the state, like Upstate or FGCU or Florida Atlantic or Florida International - well, don't ask me the city. I'm good with the Power 5, AAC, A10, Big East and a number of individual schools (for example, Rutgers played at and we were there at Old Dominion and Illinois State and Gonzaga and Pepperdine . . .)

That must be a real "college" town with 2 schools.

Yeah the Mid Majors can be tough to figure out these days. Of course I know the SoCon and the Big South, but the Atlantic Sun and OVC have had alot of changes in recent years.

As far as Upstate, the name of the school had been USC-Spartanburg up until a couple of decades ago. Spartanburg is a city of about 40,000 and has in fact 3 schools. Upstate, Wofford (with one of the best mascots in all of NCAA DI, and the previously all-women's college Converse.

Reaction Score
So wait...fams is short for fans?
FAMS is a combination of fan and family. In Dawn’s world it means the fans are a part of the GamecockWBB family. I know other people use it and nobody is claiming that she coined the phrase. She has always called the fans “FAMS”. Heck, there are even t-shirts that come with the fan package that says “FAM”.

Reaction Score
FAMS is a combination of fan and family. In Dawn’s world it means the fans are a part of the GamecockWBB family. I know other people use it and nobody is claiming that she coined the phrase. She has always called the fans “FAMS”. Heck, there are even t-shirts that come with the fan package that says “FAM”.
Don't forget my username! :) I was surprised it wasn't already taken when I created an account on this forum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom