New school commitments by Transfers | Page 37 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
The "one that got away" from Vandy? Maybe, if she can reclaim her confidence. She just seemed timid and somewhat shaky much of the time, and that is obviously not how she played in high school. At times she showed why she was so highly regarded, but not enough to earn the coaching staff's trust. Everything I saw about her demeanor as a teammate was positive. Hopefully, a new beginning at Georgia will be the ticket for her.

Reaction Score
My uneducated Acc pre season rankings. This was actually a pretty fun exercise for mid May.
1. Louisville
2. Notre Dame
3. North Carolina
4. Virginia Tech
5. NC State
6. Georgia Tech
7. Syracuse
8. Miami
9. Duke
10. Florida State
11. Wake Forest
12. Virginia
13. Boston College
14. Clemson
15. Pitt

Reaction Score
The "one that got away" from Vandy? Maybe, if she can reclaim her confidence. She just seemed timid and somewhat shaky much of the time, and that is obviously not how she played in high school. At times she showed why she was so highly regarded, but not enough to earn the coaching staff's trust. Everything I saw about her demeanor as a teammate was positive. Hopefully, a new beginning at Georgia will be the ticket for her.

Going home.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My uneducated Acc pre season rankings. This was actually a pretty fun exercise for mid May.
1. Louisville
2. Notre Dame
3. North Carolina
4. Virginia Tech
5. NC State
6. Georgia Tech
7. Syracuse
8. Miami
9. Duke
10. Florida State
11. Wake Forest
12. Virginia
13. Boston College
14. Clemson
15. Pitt

Luckily im on my phone as opposed to my laptop, cause i had a few gifs in mind in response to this post. :mad:

Aint no way on God's green earth that Duke finishes in 9th or below. As the esteemed rapper Future so eloquently stated.. Aint no way. Aint no (expletive deleted) way.

Reaction Score
1. Louisville
2. Notre Dame
3. North Carolina
4. Virginia Tech
5. NC State
6. Georgia Tech
7. Syracuse
8. Miami
9. Duke
10. Florida State
11. Wake Forest
12. Virginia
13. Boston College
14. Clemson
15. Pitt
Oh my... as soon as I saw this I knew the bat signal would bring in @triaddukefan

But 9 would be a big disappointment if I were a Duke fan

Bat-Signal-1280x720.jpg

Reaction Score
Luckily im on my phone as opposed to my laptop, cause i had a few gifs in mind in response to this post. :mad:

Aint no way on God's green earth that Duke finishes in 9th or below. As the esteemed rapper Future so eloquently stated.. Aint no way. Aint no (expletive deleted) way.
lol. That's fair! I think 6-9 are really close and really could go in any order. I know GT lost Cubaj and a bunch of players to the portal but I'm kinda big on Cameron Swartz and I think her providing spacing for Eylia Love (slashing) and Hermosa inside is going to be a good fit. I do worry about their PG position though.
Syracuse was probably the biggest stretch but they bring back their leading scorer and then a pretty good new coach in Legette-Jack and all her best players from University of Buffalo.
But I like Duke, I think its good for wbb when they are good. I am all in on Celeste Taylor, I thought she was playing really well before she got hurt. I think Day-Wilson is pretty great, and De Jesus is a great compliment as far as being a pass first run the team point to balance them out. I'm just a bit worried about the rest of the roster and because they are Duke, the high expectations on coach Lawson.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Kadi Sissoko (Minnesota) to USC

I’m not happy about Sissoko going to So. Cal. I was hoping she would come to UConn. Not sure if UConn offered her, but I like her, and thought she would be a good fit. She is a great get for the Trojans and should help them right away.

Out of curiosity I’m going to follow her while she’s here just to see what might have been.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I’m not happy about Sissoko going to So. Cal. I was hoping she would come to UConn. Not sure if UConn offered her, but I like her, and thought she would be a good fit. She is a great get for the Trojans and should help them right away.

Out of curiosity I’m going to follow her while she’s here just to see what might have been.
I'm equally disappointed that she is not coming to UCONN even more so when i did some more research on her. 1) She has two years of eligibility remaining and would have been worth UCONN taking a flyer on her given our current roster size. 2) She was ranked #11 by ESPN in the HS class of 2018. That is not 11th at her position that is 11 overall in the class just ahead of Chatherine Reese, Lexie Hull and Nalyssa Smith

Reaction Score
Why in the world did she go to Oregon anyway?
Oregon was having success (during Sabrina's time there). I imagine she liked the school, its a beautiful campus. Should be a decent player for Kentucky, I don't think she will help a lot scoring unless she grows a lot but should be a nice ball handler for them. I will be interested to see how Kentucky looks next year given all they lost.

Reaction Score
Why in the world did she go to Oregon anyway?
Parrish, Watson, and Scherr all decided to come to Oregon (along with Dugalic and Paopao) that year because they were friends, wanted to play together, and had high hopes for competing for an NC. They liked the coach, liked the school, liked the program, liked the culture, etc. Why not?
It didn't work out as well as they hoped. First season was Covid (Sweet 16 finish), second was early out in Tournament. But they had fun and enjoyed their time at Oregon. Just time to take advantage of the free transfer and make a change.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
More on Scherr to Kentucky. Above is stated "as expected”. Well not really. The word on the street was Scherr joining boyfriend Micah at Florida State. But Home is good too.
Year stats: started all 31 games. 27.2 mpg, 4.7 ppg, 3.3 apg, 3.7 rbg, 1.89 a/t, .344 fg pct, .328 3pt pct.
She did not set the house on fire offensively but was a steady, heady player and a hard-nosed defensive oriented long guard at 5'11". May have a more dramatic offensive role in KY. Best to her. She always came to play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I read somewhere she visited Kentucky and Miami
Kentucky kind of makes sense from a relationship stand point. I remember her doing an unofficial visit there. Elzy was the assistant at the time so there could be some familiarity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom