New school commitments by Transfers | Page 38 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
She's going to the real USC :eek:
She’s from San Diego, had committed to that USC out of high school, changed to Texas when USC coach got fired. Destiny has been thru a lot. I wish her well. As long as we are winning National Championships you can call us whatever you want.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
She’s from San Diego, had committed to that USC out of high school, changed to Texas when USC coach got fired. Destiny has been thru a lot. I wish her well. As long as we are winning National Championships you can call us whatever you want.
She actually signed her LOI with Southern Cal out of high school. Requested and received a release from USC after head coach was fired. Then ended up choosing Texas where she spent two seasons. I had real high hopes for her as she was such a great shooter, but injuries and a lack of commitment to fitness prevented her from playing many significant minutes. Despite all her personal obstacles, she still finished with a 4.0 GPA at Texas.

Reaction Score
She actually signed her LOI with Southern Cal out of high school. Requested and received a release from USC after head coach was fired. Then ended up choosing Texas where she spent two seasons. I had real high hopes for her as she was such a great shooter, but injuries and a lack of commitment to fitness prevented her from playing many significant minutes. Despite all her personal obstacles, she still finished with a 4.0 GPA at Texas.
Not sure she could commit to fitness to be honest. When she got to SC she had to have DOUBLE ankle surgeries. She is a great shooter - there’s no debating that. She made some big buckets for us. And she’s still a great student. I wish nothing but the best for Destiny and SC fans will be fans of hers wherever she goes and whatever she does.

Reaction Score
Who are FAM's ?
You must not follow a whole lot of College WBB news outside of what you see here if you don't know the answer to this. Even fans of other teams here.. The elite ones in particular.. Can tell you who the FAMs are.

I may have inadvertently answered my own pondering as to how you wouldn't know this. Fans of elite teams know..... Duke fan..... Doesn't know who the FAMs are..... :insert stir pot gif you love so much: ;)

Reaction Score
Not sure she could commit to fitness to be honest. When she got to SC she had to have DOUBLE ankle surgeries. She is a great shooter - there’s no debating that. She made some big buckets for us. And she’s still a great student. I wish nothing but the best for Destiny and SC fans will be fans of hers wherever she goes and whatever she does.
Destiny was at 190 when she started at UT. Says she quickly started gaining weight topping out at 220. Likely much of that weight gain because she was very unhappy at UT feeling she made too rash a decision to attend UT following her decommittment from So Cal after Cooper-Dyke’s resignation.

Her first year at Carolina she lost 52 pounds and was down to 168 (and looked incredible), as she hoped to get a waiver from the NCAA to play. The NCAA rejected her application and not long after she had the double ankle surgery, which forced her off her feet for month, her fitness naturally suffering as a result.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Yes she could have, especially the summer before her freshman season at Texas. Fitness isn't just about working out and exercising, but also about nutrition and eating healthy. Then, once the season began, the injuries started again (believe she had some late her senior season of high school) which might have been attributed to lack of fitness.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You must not follow a whole lot of College WBB news outside of what you see here if you don't know the answer to this. Even fans of other teams here.. The elite ones in particular.. Can tell you who the FAMs are.

I may have inadvertently answered my own pondering as to how you wouldn't know this. Fans of elite teams know..... Duke fan..... Doesn't know who the FAMs are..... :insert stir pot gif you love so much: ;)

Technical on the FAM from South Carolina :oops: Might be upgraded to a Flagrant 2 :(

tech.gif

Reaction Score
I feel ya. I have no idea what FAM is referring to, and I think I'm a fairly big fan of wcbb. Maybe it's not as widely known what this is as the poster thinks it is.
Here's a local article that explains it in general terms. I'm sure not everyone is familiar with the nickname. (FAMiliar? lol) It's what Dawn has dubbed our fan base. The media (at the national level including ESPN) refers to our fans as FAMs instead. It's easy to miss if you don't know to listen for it bc it sounds like they're saying "fans" if you aren't aware of the term. Just something uniquely South Carolina's and we've embraced it whole-heartedly. If Dawn says we are FAMs, we are FAMs. :D

(I was just joking around with Triad earlier bc he likes to stir the pot with us)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks for the explanation @ThatCG1801 . I had heard some references that you don't want the South Carolina fans coming after you on twitter, they are known as a vigorous group.
We've developed kind of a notorious rep for swarming, relentlessly and rather aggressively, anyone who says anything we perceive as negative about our team or coaches. I won't even sit here and try to deny it bc it is absolutely true. Just an extremely protective group who happens to also be extremely reactionary without engaging any sort of filter before responding. If ppl stick around us long enough to scratch the surface, tho, the same loyalty we show our team we show to friends. Idk why we are the way we are. LOL.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

I fit your model of someone who doesn't follow much WCBB outside of what I read here (and ESPN). I don't know what FAM means. Would you mind dismounting from your high horse a minute and and share with us unwashed souls what FAM means? Thanks in advance.

Reaction Score
I fit your model of someone who doesn't follow much WCBB outside of what I read here (and ESPN). I don't know what FAM means. Would you mind dismounting from your high horse a minute and and share with us unwashed souls what FAM means? Thanks in advance.
Dawn coined the phrase "Fams" instead of "Fans" several years ago to represent the SC fan base. "Fam" is short for "family". Meaning that we are not fans but family.

Reaction Score
Apparently you also struggle with reading an entire thread before you shoot your mouth off. Maybe try that first and then we will talk.

Reaction Score
Dawn coined the phrase "Fams" instead of "Fans" several years ago to represent the SC fan base. "Fam" is short for "family". Meaning that we are not fans but family.
It was fully explained in the replies what a FAM was and where it originated from as was the fact that the banter between Triad and I was just that...banter.

Not sure why Mr. Faux Refined felt compelled to insert himself into the conversation before exhausting himself with the effort of reading 4 more short entries that would have both explained the meaning as well as made it clear my reply to Triad was intended as a joke.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
With all due respect, Dawn's fanbase does her absolutely no favors when they (1) take over threads and turn them into threads about SCAR and then (2) belittle fans of the team whose board this place is actually about for failing to know SCAR fan minutia.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, Dawn's fanbase does her absolutely no favors when they (1) take over threads and turn them into threads about SCAR and then (2) belittle fans of the team whose board this place is actually about for failing to know SCAR fan minutia.
I believed, incorrectly, that the conversation was within the Gamecock WBB thread bc Triad and I had been joking with each other within that thread. I didn't notice until I looked closer this morning that this was the transfer thread bc I was curious why it had gone unnoticed that the light-hearted banter had been occurring and was completely harmless kidding around.

My apologies for hijacking the thread. I did not intend to as I stated. Makes me a complete and total hypocrite bc I made a snide comment to someone in the comments here about them not reading through the entire conversation to notice I was joking around when I was doing that exact same thing myself by not paying attention to what thread I was in. I absolutely own when I've made mistakes and I apologize for having done so.

Reaction Score
So she scored high in the only stat that really matters.

Reaction Score
Yes she could have, especially the summer before her freshman season at Texas. Fitness isn't just about working out and exercising, but also about nutrition and eating healthy. Then, once the season began, the injuries started again (believe she had some late her senior season of high school) which might have been attributed to lack of fitness.
So she scored high in the only stat that really matters.
Yes she did. I'm not going to get into the whole she didn't do what she needed to do with the Texas fan. Not all young people come to college equipped to know how to get to where they need to be. In the end though, Destiny is back at home and hopefully in a better place mentally and physically than when she left. Again, she was a fan favorite because of what she had overcome and we wish her nothing but the best.

Reaction Score
hey we will take all the players we can get, especially someone who won a ring. Need all the ammunition we can get vs Ucla who prob is kicking our butts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom