NCAA To Announce Preliminary Seedings Monday. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NCAA To Announce Preliminary Seedings Monday.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn’t you shift the 2 seeds? ND to Chicago, Stanford to Portland, NC State to Greensboro. Seems to fix geography and evens out the regions.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn’t you shift the 2 seeds? ND to Chicago, Stanford to Portland, NC State to Greensboro. Seems to fix geography and evens out the regions.
I thought that the committee doesn't like to put two teams from the top 16 in the same region. They don't like rematches. I'm not sure if that is still important or not

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Because if Louisville is the #1 seed in Chicago, Notre Dame can't go there.

Reaction Score
Who knows what’ll happen still got a few weeks left to see how it all sorts out

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Portland regional is a joke. No way it plans out like that. I dont see Maryland, Iowa or NC State as viable threats come tournament time...whoever gets them as a 3 seed is getting a gift. SC/Miami as 4 seeds will be very very dangerous. Some of the better 4 seeds we've had in a while.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So the committee had no problem giving #1 Baylor #6 ND...in Greensboro. I guess nothing is close to home for Baylor so L'ville gets Chicago because it's closer to them than Greensboro?

Ah well, still time to throw a monkey wrench into all that...

Plebe

Reaction Score
They could put Louisville in Greensboro as the #1 seed
They're most likely sending Louisville to Chicago because by the NCAA definition of "driving distance," Louisville is driving distance from Chicago. The #1 seeds get assigned first before the #2 seeds.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Albany has Miss St, UConn, & Ore St -- and that's weak?

For real. What is Charlie smoking? You have 2 massive powers, an always dangerous Oregon State and a very dangerous Miami team who just beat Notre Dame. Albany and Greensboro are by far the toughest. Chicago is okay, Portland is awful.

Plebe

Reaction Score
For real. What is Charlie smoking? You have 2 massive powers, an always dangerous Oregon State and a very dangerous Miami team who just beat Notre Dame. Albany and Greensboro are by far the toughest. Chicago is okay, Portland is awful.
He's talking about the sum of the "true" seeds. If the regions were perfectly balanced, they would all add up to 34. But:
MSU 4 + UConn 5 + Oregon St 12 + Miami 16 = 37 (+3)

In theory, sums that exceed 34 suggest a "weaker" region; sums below 34 suggest a stronger region, e.g.:
Baylor 1 + ND 6 + Maryland 11 + SC 13 = 31 (-3)

Reaction Score
He's talking about the sum of the "true" seeds. If the regions were perfectly balanced, they would all add up to 34. But:
MSU 4 + UConn 5 + Oregon St 12 + Miami 16 = 37 (+3)

In theory, sums that exceed 34 suggest a "weaker" region; sums below 34 suggest a stronger region, e.g.:
Baylor 1 + ND 6 + Maryland 11 + SC 13 = 31 (-3)

Ah, ok, I didnt see the individual ranks. They could've explained that much better.
Given this, why not at least flip Ore St & MD?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ah, ok, I didnt see the individual ranks. They could've explained that much better.
College Park MD to Albany = 357 miles
College Park MD to Greensboro = 331 miles

I believe the NCAA's definition of "driving distance" is <350 miles. Go figure.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Because Brenda would be crying her eyes out about how unfair it is that SHE has to travel to Albany and have to play against UConn AND their fan base.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I notice on the crawl at the bottom of the screen, among the 2-seeds, are UCONN, Notre Dame, NORTH CAROLINA, Stanford.

I HATE when this happens! I can't count the times NC State has been referred to as North Carolina. Like UNC is the only school in the state of North Carolina!

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NC State as a #2 makes me suspect that the committee made their decision a week or two ago. There is just no way that with their current resume, with losses to UNC and FSU and only a win over Michigan St to hang their hat on, that NC State has the 8th best resume.

Was Miami a 4-seed a week ago?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
College Park MD to Albany = 357 miles
College Park MD to Greensboro = 331 miles

I believe the NCAA's definition of "driving distance" is <350 miles. Go figure.

Distance is similiar though driving wise Its alot easier for the turtles to get to Greensboro than Albany. Plus its familiar territory for their fans. Probably will be some ACC fans in the stands welcoming them back with open arms :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Was Miami a 4-seed a week ago?
I don't know. The resumes in the 10-20 range are all so jumbled that it's possible.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Distance is similiar though driving wise Its alot easier for the turtles to get to Greensboro than Albany. Plus its familiar territory for their fans. Probably will be some ACC fans in the stands welcoming them back with open arms :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Wait, Maryland has fans who travel? News to me... :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I notice on the crawl at the bottom of the screen, among the 2-seeds, are UCONN, Notre Dame, NORTH CAROLINA, Stanford.

I HATE when this happens! I can't count the times NC State has been referred to as North Carolina. Like UNC is the only school in the state of North Carolina!

Haha y'all could use a major rebranding. How about "Wolfpack State"? :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom