NBA Finals Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

NBA Finals Thread

Reaction Score
No sweep, which is nice. Irving and LeBron were fantastic, and the role players for the Cavs finally showed up.

Let's see if the Cavs shoot 55% from 3 and the Warriors 28%.

Reaction Score
I think it ends Monday, if it were the old 2-3-2 format I think Cleveland would make it to a game 6.

Reaction Score
Was just looking at the box score. Lebron and Kyrie both played 41 minutes. Lebron was +32 . Kyre was +7.

Reaction Score
1st quarter is why I hesitate to call Kerr a great coach. How the hell do you let your team come out that flat 1 game from winning the title and going 16-0?

Reaction Score
In light of the tennis thread we have going...

LeBron: Durant = Federer : Nadal?

I'm no tennis enthusiast, but it makes sense. The age gap is about the same; Federer raced out to what was perceived as an insurmountable lead and then Nadal slowly narrowed it but probably won't ever get over the top.

Both are cases of the careers - and for a time, the primes - of two all-time greats overlapping but never for long enough where it felt like we could make a fair comparison.

Reaction Score
Are the Cavs about to make the biggest NBA finals comeback ever? They already overcame 3-1 last year, including 2 of those last 3 wins on the road. I think if they steal game 5, the Warriors will be reeling again and they very well could pull it off. They whooped up on GState in game 4 (a close out game). GState now 0-4 in close out games vs. Cavs dating back to last year. Surely this is getting to them?

Reaction Score
Are the Cavs about to make the biggest NBA finals comeback ever? They already overcame 3-1 last year, including 2 of those last 3 wins on the road. I think if they steal game 5, the Warriors will be reeling again and they very well could pull it off. They whooped up on GState in game 4 (a close out game). GState now 0-4 in close out games vs. Cavs dating back to last year. Surely this is getting to them?
lol

Reaction Score
The Refs will make sure this series goes 7 games.

Cavs didn't need it in game 4 anyway but they were already proving what the word was from Adam Silver in the first quarter Friday. It was going to get to game 5 even if the Cavs didn't play good..LOL

Reaction Score
No their not, but IF it happens it'd be just like Brady leading the Pats back in the Super Bowl and it could effectively end the GOAT conversation like that did. But Jordan is the GOAT, and even with some likely absurd calls UNLESS LeBronlue changes their strategy Golden State is lowering the boom tonight.

Reaction Score
In light of the tennis thread we have going...

LeBron: Durant = Federer : Nadal?

I'm no tennis enthusiast, but it makes sense. The age gap is about the same; Federer raced out to what was perceived as an insurmountable lead and then Nadal slowly narrowed it but probably won't ever get over the top.

Both are cases of the careers - and for a time, the primes - of two all-time greats overlapping but never for long enough where it felt like we could make a fair comparison.

Nope. MJ is the GOAT. Federer is the GOAT.

So MJ is Federer and Lebron would be Nadal; close to GOAT, but not #1.. Which is a more fitting comparison since MJ and Fed both had the incredible artistry and grace whereas Nadal and Lebron are physical monsters who overpower their opponents, but both have quite a bit of skill as well.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Nope. MJ is the GOAT. Federer is the GOAT.

So MJ is Federer and Lebron would be Nadal; close to GOAT, but not #1.. Which is a more fitting comparison since MJ and Fed both had the incredible artistry and grace whereas Nadal and Lebron are physical monsters who overpower their opponents, but both have quite a bit of skill as well.

I think that's fair. Aside from them not playing each other ... But the comparisons fit yours much better.

Fed is obviously a great athlete, but there's something different about him and his game, how he wins. I think 'grace' is a solid way to describe.

Nadal / Lebron with the otherwordly physicality and riiiight there but just not quite there.

Reaction Score
Has Lebron ever seen a call that didn't make him throw his arms up incredulously and go whining to the ref.

Every. single. call.

Reaction Score
That was one of the worst officiated quarters I have ever seen. What is a foul and what isn't? You would never get the answer to that question based off of watching this game. Zero consistency from this crew.

Reaction Score
Warriors look awful. Turning it over like crazy leading to a bunch of Cavs layups, getting outhustled, Patrick McCaw taking their shots. Piss poor effort so far in a home game to closeout the series.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but the 2-3 tonight were right. Dude just hit in the head and still finished with a monster throw.

Has Lebron ever seen a call that didn't make him throw his arms up incredulously and go whining to the ref.

Every. single. call.

Reaction Score
Durant is a joke, enjoy his ring

He's a fraud, people hate him

Reaction Score
Durant is a joke, enjoy his ring

He's a fraud, people hate him

I hate the Warriors. The only satisfaction this series will give me is the KD whining from you and your ilk when he raises his MVP trophy.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but the 2-3 tonight were right. Dude just hit in the head and still finished with a monster throw.

It's not 2-3. He's done it like 7-8 times. The clear block on Durant. Goes nuts. He was posting somebody up. Ball went through his hands. Didn't get touched. Go nuts.

Of course he gets fouled but he does it on every single call.

Reaction Score
Has Lebron ever seen a call that didn't make him throw his arms up incredulously and go whining to the ref. Every. single. call.
Guy gets hammered going to the rim virtually every drive. Too funny.

This game? Durant, with 2 fouls, hits him in the forehead with an obvious foul, but LeBron power dunks on him.

No Call. Would have been 3 on Durant.

Game, Set, Match.

Durant stays in the game and spear heads the 15-0 run or whatever it was that salts the game away.

Too funny NBA.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Every. single. call.
Its not just him but he does more consistently than anyone in the last 25 years and never seems to get t'd.
Others just look crosseyed at the refs and the T comes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom