Naheim Alleyne - VT transfer | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Naheim Alleyne - VT transfer

Reaction Score
Him and Castle would still only give us 10 scholarship players…would like to add one more guard for depth.
details details. we'd have a 10 man rotation with 8 guys getting significant PT so no one else is seeing the floor, especially a G. but man this would be the team to beat in the BE.

Newton 30- Castle 10
Hawkins 10- Alleyne 20- Castle 10
Jackson 25- Hawkins 15
Samson 15- Karaban 15- Jackson 5- Springs 5
Sanogo 30- Samson 5- Clingan 5

30- Newton, Jackson, Sanogo
25- Hawk
20- Castle, Alleyne, Samson
15- Karaban
5- Springs, Clingan

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Honestly, I'm not entirely impressed with this one but if we bring in Castle AND one other stud guard (Ramey) plus Alleyne we will be set. That would give us 7 players for spots 1-4. That's plenty of playing time.

Reaction Score
details details. we'd have a 10 man rotation with 8 guys getting significant PT so no one else is seeing the floor, especially a G. but man this would be the team to beat in the BE.

Newton 30- Castle 10
Hawkins 10- Alleyne 20- Castle 10
Jackson 25- Hawkins 15
Samson 15- Karaban 15- Jackson 5- Springs 5
Sanogo 30- Samson 5- Clingan 5

30- Newton, Jackson, Sanogo
25- Hawk
20- Castle, Alleyne, Samson
15- Karaban
5- Springs, Clingan
I don’t disagree with the minute distribution here…just a little worried about a 17 year old being the only other guy who can play PG on the roster after Newton (who is more of a combo guard himself). Just think we need one more reliable ball handler for me to feel comfortable against teams who press. Ramy or Williams would fit the bill…tough job is for Danny to convince one of them.

Reaction Score
So is this guy a better version of Noah Locke? Sounds like they have similar game
Pretty similar impact. They had the same RAPM, within a few spaces in BPR.

Alleyne among transfers...
72nd in available transfer RAPM. (152nd offense/ 45th defense).
74th in Evan Miya all transfer BPR
95th in available Porpagatu (offense only)

8th, 6th, 6th on his team in those stats. 8th in win shares/40. Decent team so it's not a bad thing to get the 6th best player on a tournament team, and his RAPM suffered a bit because the other players on his team at his position basically never missed a shot. I'd prefer he come off the bench in a Polley role. He's a good depth piece, and getting him as a package deal with Castle sweetens the deal substantially.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t disagree with the minute distribution here…just a little worried about a 17 year old being the only other guy who can play PG on the roster after Newton (who is more of a combo guard himself). Just think we need one more reliable ball handler for me to feel comfortable against teams who press. Ramy or Williams would fit the bill…tough job is for Danny to convince one of them.
I doubt we get someone like Ramey. No way is he going from a 4 year starter at Texas to a backup 10MPG situation. Also, Castle is a legit NBA prospect, he’s not Gaffney or Diggins (no offense). This kid is going to be the real deal. We are in very good shape with Newton/Castle/Jackson handling the ball.

Reaction Score
Pretty similar impact. They had the same RAPM, within a few spaces in BPR.

Alleyne among transfers...
72nd in available transfer RAPM. (152nd offense/ 45th defense).
74th in Evan Miya all transfer BPR
95th in available Porpagatu (offense only)

8th, 6th, 6th on his team in those stats. 8th in win shares/40. Decent team so it's not a bad thing to get the 6th best player on a tournament team, and his RAPM suffered a bit because the other players on his team at his position basically never missed a shot. He's a good depth piece, and getting him as a package deal with Castle works for me.
I’ll be honest, I have no idea what any of that means lmao but I trust you that he’s a good piece so I’ll take it

Reaction Score
Honestly, I'm not entirely impressed with this one but if we bring in Castle AND one other stud guard (Ramey) plus Alleyne we will be set. That would give us 7 players for spots 1-4. That's plenty of playing time.
I think realistically it's going to be an almost impossible sell to get everything you listed.

Reaction Score
Castle will be 18 for the season.

Reaction Score
what are you smoking?
just a little worried about a 17 year old being the only other guy who can play PG
plus AJ gives us 3 legit ball handlers that can run the offense

Reaction Score
lol what? You want Castle, Newton, Alleyne, Hawkins, Jackson, AND another stud guard in the backcourt? Are you putting 6 guys on the floor at once?

There are 200 minutes to give out. For the sake of this, let's assume Alleyne transfers in and Castle reclassifies. Average mins per game:

Sanogo - 30
Jackson - 30
Newton - 30
Hawkins - 25
Alleyne - 20
Castle - 20

Mid-exercise check: We've already committed 125 of 200 available mins to the backcourt at this point - multiple ballhandling options here beyond Newton as the primary PG. Only one of these guys stands above 6-6. It's the Big East and we don't have Villanova's roster, need some height.

Samson - 15
Karaban - 15
Clingan - 10

We now have a 9-man rotation with 5 extra mins to flex around.

You're asking for a 10-man rotation with 5-6 players commanding starting minutes? Not happening and it'd be an awful idea.

If we get Alleyne, we have room for one more significant contributor (Castle or someone else) and a spot for a depth piece willing to take a 5-10 mins a game role as a glue guy. Preferably, that person would be a big who can grab rebounds and play solid D to spell Sanogo. Basically, the second coming of Souleymane Wane.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Castle will be 18 for the season.
If Castle reclasses, will he be in the same situation as Emoni Bates(having to stay in college for two seasons because of age)?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
lol what? You want Castle, Newton, Alleyne, Hawkins, Jackson, AND another stud guard in the backcourt? Are you putting 6 guys on the floor at once?

There are 200 minutes to give out. For the sake of this, let's assume Alleyne transfers in and Castle reclassifies. Average mins per game:

Sanogo - 30
Jackson - 30
Newton - 30
Hawkins - 25
Alleyne - 20
Castle - 20

Mid-exercise check: We've already committed 125 of 200 available mins to the backcourt at this point - multiple ballhandling options here beyond Newton as the primary PG. Only one of these guys stands above 6-6. It's the Big East and we don't have Villanova's roster, need some height.

Samson - 15
Karaban - 15
Clingan - 10

You're asking for a 10-man rotation with 5-6 players commanding starting minutes? Not happening and it'd be an awful idea.

If we get Alleyne, we have room for one more significant contributor (Castle or someone else) and a spot for a depth piece willing to take a 5-10 mins a game role as a glue guy. Preferably, that person would be a big who can grab rebounds and play solid D to spell Sanogo. Basically, the second coming of Souleymane Wane.
Johnson won't play more than 5 minutes a game if we play four guards and Sanogo.

Reaction Score
If Castle reclasses, will he be in the same situation as Emoni Bates(having to stay in college for two seasons because of age)?
Castle is draft eligible in '23 draft because he turns 19 in the '23 calendar year (even though after the draft). So he could be 1 and done even if he reclassifies up.

Reaction Score

Sanogo - 30
Jackson - 30
Newton - 30
Hawkins - 25
Alleyne - 20
Castle - 20

Samson - 15
Karaban - 15
Clingan - 10

Hurley has talked about a 4 out, 1 in lineup. Presumably that would essentially mean Jackson starts at the 4. So if Newton/Alleyne/Hawkins/Jackson start, you’re only bringing Castle and Karaban off the bench at those 4 slots. Sure, I’m sure we’ll see a bigger lineup with Johnson at the 4 sometimes, but there’s absolutely room for another depth piece at guard here.

Reaction Score
but there’s absolutely room for another depth piece at guard here
ok that's fine but shizzle lives in his own little world. he didnt say another depth piece he said another stud like ramey who would demand 30 mpg, on top of castle and alleyene. that's what bonanza was shooting down

shizzle787

Reaction Score
ok that's fine but shizzle lives in his own little world. he didnt say another depth piece he said another stud like ramey who would demand 30 mpg, on top of castle and alleyene. that's what bonanza was shooting down
Castle is a freshman. He can't demand anything. He will probably play 10-15 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
Yea they’re saying he can’t shoot. Interesting
Their other off-guards and wings shot 51%, 45%, and 42% from 3. They were INCREDIBLY spoiled on wing shooting.

But it's true that he is not a great mid-range shooter or at-rim finisher. He very rarely even gets to the rim, but he's a Gaffney-esque finisher when there. He took about as many midrange shots as Cole, and made 5% less.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom