Muffet McGraw stepping down (merged threads) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Muffet McGraw stepping down (merged threads)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
People don't seem to understand. Probably, Fudd told ND she would like to commit to them but did not want to play for MM. So, they did what they had to do in order to get her to commit.:rolleyes: She will more than likely give her commitment by this weekend.:confused: And the BONEYARD went bonkers.:(

a riot....possibly

Reaction Score
A couple folks in this thread seem to be having trouble wrapping their head around Ivey as a "good recruiter" sort of like why her, in particular, type thing.

I don't know how it works at UConn and TonyC presents Geno's hand in everything - but from experience at Rutgers, there are good recruiters. Jolette Law and Carlene Mitchell were recruiters for Rutgers. When Carlene left, recruiting fell off some. Vivian may vet prospects but her role is to be a closer and to make public appearances of interest. Someone else does the heavy lifting.

Even I knew it was Ivey at ND.

Will she have the time to do that now that she has administrative duties taking up her time? Anyhow, isn't there an NCAA moratorium on recruiting visits right now?

Reaction Score
Geno speaks
1CB262F3-F39B-4717-9E65-843E9DFFCFCE.jpeg

Reaction Score
your wrong it’s all about the championships once again 11-2
Well now I understand...my original response was to the "18 losses in 9 years post"...thx for the clarification. Yes UConn has won lots more NCs than ND and lost lots less games. We will see if Niele can change the "disappointment" we've had at ND with Muffet, just winning two NCs. The one bright spot was winning one more recently (2018) than mighty UConn (2016) with Arike's two last second winners in that Final 4. I will also miss the Geno Muffet rivalry which Geno did get the last laugh with the win last December.

Reaction Score
Loved what Geno and his coaching staff (including Jamelle!) did this year to take a team that was really struggling to find itself deep into the season, and turn it into a real contender for another national championship by the end of their conference tourney. He and he alone finds a way to do it each and every year, no matter what the obstacles are.

Losing Jamelle next year is going to really hurt! The team ABSOLUTELY gained a chip on their shoulder and a toughness when Jamelle stepped in. ONO developed more in the 2nd half of last season than she had in her first year and a half in Storrs. I know there is a lot more to this story that will be kept behind the scenes, and rightfully so, but I am just bummed that Elliott will not be on the bench next season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
People don't seem to understand. Probably, Fudd told ND she would like to commit to them but did not want to play for MM. So, they did what they had to do in order to get her to commit.:rolleyes:
All part of a grand plan by her and Paige. Yes she’ll commit this weekend but it won’t be to Notre Dame…

Reaction Score
Losing Jamelle next year is going to really hurt! The team ABSOLUTELY gained a chip on their shoulder and a toughness when Jamelle stepped in. ONO developed more in the 2nd half of last season than she had in her first year and a half in Storrs. I know there is a lot more to this story that will be kept behind the scenes, and rightfully so, but I am just bummed that Elliott will not be on the bench next season.
Are you sure she won’t be on the bench

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom