Muffet McGraw stepping down (merged threads) | The Boneyard

Muffet McGraw stepping down (merged threads)

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m not surprised,

I thought she’s die on the bench rather than let a man have the wins record...

Reaction Score
Wow. Wonder what that means for her recruits and players. Think we’ll see any enter the portal?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
irish.jpg

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Holy cow - that's crazy. I wonder how much she was influenced by the possibility that next season will be reduced/cancelled, and thus the rebuild project would be at least another 2-3 seasons? Not going to lie, if I was even close to 50/50 on staying or retiring, now would be an excellent time to retire, because college sports is in for a few seasons of brutal financial cutbacks.

And smart of ND to secure Niele and do the retirement/hiring as a package announcement. Their AD was very savvy in how they managed this, and keeping it 100% LEAKPROOF prior to the announcements.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Now one would have to say that this job opening will be the most sought after in D-1 WBB (more so than the Texas Job, the Mississippi State Job, and even last years Tennessee opening). Now, what "Prominent" current D1 College Coaches do you feel might want this job? (Jeff Walz?). I personally think that Jennifer Rizzotti would be a great choice for Notre Dame to consider (Yes, I know that this is hated Notre Dame, but for Jen, this opportunity would be terrific).

Reaction Score
Now one would have to say that this job opening will be the most sought after in D-1 WBB (more so than the Texas Job, the Mississippi State Job, and even last years Tennessee opening). Now, what "Prominent" current D1 College Coaches do you feel might want this job? (Jeff Walz?). I personally think that Jennifer Rizzotti would be a great choice for Notre Dame to consider (Yes, I know that this is hated Notre Dame, but for Jen, this opportunity would be terrific).
Its already closed though

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Is ND a better job than Texas?? Hmmmm.... not sure.

Reaction Score
I had to look twice to make sure of what I read. Last season probably took a bigger toll on her than people would think. For a program used to the success that ND has had it must have been very disappointing. Yes there were injuries and graduations that made the end result not unexpected but still it would have hard to live through. Players transferring and leaving early for the WNBA make it all the more difficult to plan a roster from year to year. So it's probably not as unexpected as it seems.

Reaction Score
Nevermind - I just read about Niele Ivey being named the new coach at ND. What is everyone's thoughts on that selection ??

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Playing ND will never be the same. Niele can replace Muffet, but she can’t replace the long history and personal differences that fueled the competition between them. Just as games with TN now will never reach the level of contention that was present when Pat was the HC. When we played TN, it was not the same. No Pat, no drama.
Of course we enjoyed the victory. Don't you think for one minute they wouldn't have mortgaged the rest of their season if they could have beat us.

We owe them a game in Knoxville next season. If I'm Geno, that's not a game I look forward to. We gain NOTHING by going there, except giving Evina a platform to "thank" the Tennessee faithful for all the love and support they showed her as she was transferring out. And the satisfaction of cracking open a can on them one more time.

I don't think Geno/CD or the team will receive a very "warm" welcome. There are still a myriad of TN fans that are still holding on to the "good old days", and would love to see Geno's head on a stick. I hope a UConn fan goes to that game, and reports back to the yard with "graphic" details of how the game went, and the reception the team received. I predict there will be TN fans waiting for the bus to pull up to the arena. We'll get booed coming on the floor and going off.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom