Montez Mathis | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Montez Mathis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A couple of the big recruiting guys clearly got info that he was getting ready to choose rutgers. Russ Woods was clearly way out in front of that news. If we take that to be true, then the subsequent follow of the entire UConn team and the postponement seems like a good sign to me. But what do I know

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Was not expecting him to cancel the commitment date like that. Interesting.

Reaction Score
We know nothing. No one knows anything. Stop acting like you have figured it out. Even our connected posters are posting information that contradicts the previous days information. Where has this idea that he wants UCONN and his family wants RU coming from, other than Magic's addled brain?

Reaction Score
We know nothing. No one knows anything. Stop acting like you have figured it out. Even our connected posters are posting information that contradicts the previous days information. Where has this idea that he wants UCONN and his family wants RU coming from, other than Magic's addled brain?
This is true. That being said, its fun to speculate. Lighten up :)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

My memory could be spotty, but I thought a poster received info from someone connected to the family several days ago that implied as much.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
S0 basically, most of the guys on there are posers.

There's no doubt that some of the people who post predictions base their choices off others. Meyers says he has shoddy intel and it's enough for everyone else to make the change.

Reaction Score
Other schools? Flip flopping? Why is it that every recruitment we're involved in has to be loopy? Lol

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Other schools? Flip flopping? Why is it that every recruitment we're involved in has to be loopy? Lol

I think when it gets to the point of repeating rumors about rumors, the recruitment is less loopy than the people reporting on it.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If he picks Rutgers this will be another one that UConn had a huge lead and blew it. If it happens the staff needs to figure out how to do things differently. I mean we're talking Rutgers here.
How could you possibly know UConn ever had a huge lead? If you're basing it off of the crystal balls, I think they've been proven to be complete garbage. Yes, it sucks that we're competing with Rutgers for a recruit, but every recruit is different. If he chooses to stay home, so be it. We'll find guys who want to be Huskies.

Reaction Score
Not a good sign
Lets let this guy go to Rutgers, get Akinjo instead hell be a lot more help and can shoot 3s. Akinjo is dying to come here, like Bruce Brown and Bonzai Colson. We need guys who want to come here. Good luck with Steve Mama Mathis

Reaction Score
How could you possibly know UConn ever had a huge lead? If you're basing it off of the crystal balls, I think they've been proven to be complete garbage. Yes, it sucks that we're competing with Rutgers for a recruit, but every recruit is different. If he chooses to stay home, so be it. We'll find guys who want to be Huskies.
Rutgers isn't home and it would be about our 10th straight recruiting loss in a row to cr@ppy schools but I hear you.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Lets let this guy go to Rutgers, get Akinjo instead hell be a lot more help and can shoot 3s. Akinjo is dying to come here

I think you should just go into read-only mode until you figure things out here.

Reaction Score
From Russ Woods of Rivals on TOS (not behind a paywall so I feel OK posting the direct quote):

"Have been told that mom wants Rutgers. AAU (an Adidas sponsored program) wants UConn (a Nike sponsored program). Kid is torn."

Reaction Score
From Russ Woods of Rivals on TOS (not behind a paywall so I feel OK posting the direct quote):

"Have been told that mom wants Rutgers. AAU (an Adidas sponsored program) wants UConn (a Nike sponsored program). Kid is torn."

That is the gossip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown