Montez Mathis | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Montez Mathis

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
This recruiting battle has been one of the oddest. 247 aside, which is just a big jerk fest for Slater and co., he's been pretty interested in both sides. The following the entire team thing though is notable imo. Why do that if the NEXT DAY you are going to say you're going elsewhere. Of course, we don't know for sure until tomorrow. Let's see.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Since I'm bored at work I scrolled through real quick and his UConn follows seem to be KO, Men's Hoops account, Tyler Polley, Josh Carlton, Kemba, Eric Cobb, Coach Chill, Villanueva, Rip, Shabazz, Caron, Rudy, Jalen, Alterique, Mamadou, J Lamb, Emeka, Larrier, and Ricky. On the other hand I saw Geo Baker and a Rutgers assistant coach as Rutgers follows. Yada yada peak boneyard but it would seem weird to follow all those UConn players if he was going to play at Rutgers. Maybe it's just because Hobbs coached half of them so they obviously count as Rutgers players too.

Uhhhhhhh yeah this is pretty significant in my opinion.

Reaction Score
This recruiting battle has been one of the oddest. 247 aside, which is just a big jerk fest for Slater and co., he's been pretty interested in both sides. The following the entire team thing though is notable imo. Why do that if the NEXT DAY you are going to say you're going elsewhere. Of course, we don't know for sure until tomorrow. Let's see.
Misdirection. Recruiting can get weird.

Reaction Score
W
whats weird is that someone would choose Rutgers over UConn. That's weird. Call me crazy, but this weirdness needs to end one way or another.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Yup, kids LOVE the drama of it these days. 2017 is all about getting attention by any means necessary.

Reaction Score

I was just going to say. If you're a college recruit trying to build suspense, is there an easier move than to start following a bunch of players from a school you're not going to? If I have a kid who plays major D-1 ball, I will make him do this.

Reaction Score
If he picks Rutgers this will be another one that UConn had a huge lead and blew it. If it happens the staff needs to figure out how to do things differently. I mean we're talking Rutgers here.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
A lot of them are from today. Some like Coach Chill were already there but a large portion are very recent.
I checked yesterday morning and Zion Williamson was his most recent follow. Since then he's followed:
  • Rudy
  • KO
  • UConn Men's Hoops
  • Kemba
  • Shabazz
  • Jalen
  • Larrier
  • Caron
  • Rip
  • Mamadou
  • Carlton
  • Polley
  • Emeka
  • Alterique
  • Rickey
  • Charlie V
If he chooses Rutgers after that...

Reaction Score
His parents relationship with Pikiell and Montez wanting to explore himself as a player leads you to believe he is going to Rutgers. This is Sid Wilson's recruitment all over again. He wants to be the man to explore things and he won't be that at UCONN. Even in that latest interview he was talking about the girl's side of the UCONN practice facility instead of talking about the men.

PS: Coach Chillious has been recruiting this guy since 6th grade. That's awful for the guy if he can't beat Rutgers for a guy he has been recruiting for 5 years. Let's hope logic prevails.

Reaction Score

What Jerry looked like with that tweet

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members