2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas to UConn Crystal Ball | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas to UConn Crystal Ball

Reaction Score
His relationship with Castle is also very promising. They seemed to have bonded very well with each other on and off the court.

“That’s my guy,” Thomas said. “Before he even went there I was connected to Steph. We were at camps with each other and we bonded off the court. I was at Team USA with him, so that’s my guy. To see him go there and to see him have the success that he had while he was there, it’s kind of a confidence booster with a school. You can envision yourself at a school more when you know somebody that went there that you had connections with.”
Hopefully Meleek is watching Castle at Summer League.

Reaction Score
Subscription article. But you can read some of it.

"It was a great visit and I feel it could be a good spot for me," Thomas said on Connecticut. "Coach Hurley feels like I am one of the best players in my class and so do I. He feels my style of play matches the way he coaches. When I was on the visit, it felt like everything was clicking. His personality matched mine when it came to many things. He feels I fit his style more than most players he recruits. I enjoyed my time there. Everything was welcoming."

pj

Reaction Score
Would imagine Auburn and Bama are not looking good based on this quote

A rare case where a UConn football game might sell him on UConn more than a Bama or Auburn football game would sell him on them. "Thanks for taking me to Rentschler Field, you've really proved to me that UConn is a basketball school."

Reaction Score
Tea Leaves
and barely. I am now shutting of the darn podcast the second he mentions the yawns. If you have to yawn, fine. But I dont need to know about it. Its not professional. Its crude. And this dude unofficially represents our university. Drives me crazy.

Reaction Score
a potential '25 starting lineup featuring Mahaney / Thomas / Ball is obviously super talented but my one concern is that it's pretty small, especially compared to our last two lineups:
Newton / Hawk / AJ
Newton / Spencer / Castle

Last edited:
Reaction Score
how do we like a potential '25 starting lineup featuring Mahaney / Thomas / Ball? it's obviously super talented but it's pretty small, especially compared to our last two lineups:
Newton / Hawk / AJ
Well, Nova won two titles with 3 superlative small guards not long ago.

Reaction Score
how do we like a potential '25 starting lineup featuring Mahaney / Thomas / Ball? it's obviously super talented but it's pretty small, especially compared to our last two lineups:
Newton / Hawk / AJ
All 3 guys are listed at 6'3 so wouldn't be concerned at all about the size of that potential lineup

Reaction Score
Well, Nova won two titles with 3 superlative small guards not long ago.
not really
2018: Brunson (6'3) / Booth (6'3) / Bridges (6'6)
2016: Brunson (6'3) / Arcidiacono (6'3) / Hart (6'5)

All 3 guys are listed at 6'3 so wouldn't be concerned at all about the size of that potential lineup
but that's pretty small compared to our last two chip teams. they are a combined 6" shorter than last year (6'5, 6'4, 6'6) and 7" shorter than the year before (6'5, 6'5, 6'7). we smothered purdue's three guards with our size.

Reaction Score
not really
2018: Brunson (6'3) / Booth (6'3) / Bridges (6'6)
2016: Brunson (6'3) / Arcidiacono (6'3) / Hart (6'5)

but that's pretty small compared to our last two chip teams. they are a combined 6" shorter than last year (6'5, 6'4, 6'6) and 7" shorter than the year before (6'5, 6'5, 6'7). we smothered purdue's three guards with our size.
Well luckily there's not a rule saying we have to follow the same exact formula if we want to win a championship. I don't even know what to make of a cumulative height comparison anyway. Baylor won a championship starting guards that were 6'2, 6'3, and 6'4.

And if there's any matchups where it was causing an issue we'd have a ton of depth on the wings to just swap one of those guys out. I don't really understand where this concern is coming from

Reaction Score
Well luckily there's not a rule saying we have to follow the same exact formula if we want to win a championship. I don't even know what to make of a cumulative height comparison anyway. Baylor won a championship starting guards that were 6'2, 6'3, and 6'4.

And if there's any matchups where it was causing an issue we'd have a ton of depth on the wings to just swap one of those guys out. I don't really understand where this concern is coming from
it's a worthy enough observation for a uconn mbb message board in the middle of july. but apologies, i'm always striving to up my message board game.

Reaction Score
it's a worthy enough observation for a uconn mbb message board in the middle of july. but apologies, i'm always striving to up my message board game.
Fair enough, I'm just not sure what outcome you're hoping for here. Stop recruiting the 5* top 10 player in Meleek Thomas? Force one of our returning guys into the portal?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom