2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas to UConn Crystal Ball | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas to UConn Crystal Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think it was more canceling the hog visit and it’s never been rescheduled. Think the Squid has resigned himself to this reality?
Yeah should’ve put “rescheduling” in quotes lol.

Sometimes coaches don’t stop recruiting players until the bell. But I’m not sure if that’s the case here or if it matters currently.

Our coaches were already phenomenal recruiters before they had two championships under their belt. Squid is going to have some long days on the trail with any kid Hurley wants.

Reaction Score
Is he 100% going to Overtime Elite? Any chance that Hurley can convince him to go to a traditional Prep where we have had success? Only thing that I don’t love in this situation.

Reaction Score
Is he 100% going to Overtime Elite? Any chance that Hurley can convince him to go to a traditional Prep where we have had success? Only thing that I don’t love in this situation.

OTE has developed talent well and has a strong schedule and good coaching. Nothing wrong with it... lots of talent coming out of OTE. I thinl there was 14 or 15 top-100 players last year IIRC.

Reaction Score
don't really follow what cal's up to at all but i don't think they were all that early on meleek. seems like a late play because they've got unspent money.

ok arkansas no, but cal has seen him early on and he's visited kentucky. the whole situation is pretty messy with cal tho so it's fair for him to be skeptical.
Exactly.
KU was bragging about their recruiting classes past decade or so, never finishing below 3rd.

That screams of under performance and questionable coaching given the results over said timeframe.

Cal can recruit, sure.
But as we know, that’s one piece of the puzzle. Gotta get right pieces, put them in position to succeed, and develop them as players and young men.

there is one coaching staff that is killing it in all aspects.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's like when a candidate "suspends" his campaign after finishing 8th in a state primary

Yeah, what's up with the "susepends the campaign" thing? You quit. You're not coming back.

Reaction Score
Also too lazy to find link but Borges said this morning Meleek is going to visit Arkansas and this is going to go on for awhile. So all the picks are great but sounds like there’s a long way to go before this reaches a conclusion.
He said he’s still likely to visit. Seems like that’s just an assumption but who knows. Fluid, and all that.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Also too lazy to find link but Borges said this morning Meleek is going to visit Arkansas and this is going to go on for awhile. So all the picks are great but sounds like there’s a long way to go before this reaches a conclusion.
If he does indeed make that visit then the Balls go out the window for now.

With the way they were coming in you’d think he’d announce at some point soon with the way these things usually go.

Reaction Score
If he does indeed make that visit then the Balls go out the window for now.

With the way they were coming in you’d think he’d announce at some point soon with the way these things usually go.
If the assistants get very sweet contracts with Hurley, then the odds of keeping this staff intact are very high. They might make more here as assistants than they would as a head coach at a mid major. We’ll see. Keeping this staff intact should only serve to make this program even more attractive to prospective recruits.

awy

Reaction Score
if you read what comes out of the darryn peterson / acuff recruitment, they talk similarly about being the lead guard with ball dominant guarantee. it's between kansas and cal for the two. Thomas is pretty different from those two.

If I had to guess the player is pretty set on going to UConn but the representation will do the due diligence leverage stuff for a while longer, but fundamentally the kid's heart is in the right place.

Reaction Score
not making the case for Arkansas but why can't Cal take both Acuff and Thomas? Seems like it's being presented as one or the other but Cal has always had 2 guys handling the ball(no different here) so I'm surprised why it's being talked about like he can't take both.

Reaction Score
not making the case for Arkansas but why can't Cal take both Acuff and Thomas? Seems like it's being presented as one or the other but Cal has always had 2 guys handling the ball(no different here) so I'm surprised why it's being talked about like he can't take both.
More or less, people are reading into things and assuming that's how Thomas feels based on the canceled visit and so far lack of rescheduling (and possibly some behind the scenes sourcing). It happening in the past doesn't mean that the current guys would be into it or want it. It also might (likely!) be a totally wrong assumption.

Reaction Score
Here is the link, for those who want it.

Thomas is still likely to visit Arkansas and new coach John Calipari, who also recruited him heavily while still at Kentucky. This one may take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom