2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas to UConn Crystal Ball | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas to UConn Crystal Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here is the link, for those who want it.

Thomas is still likely to visit Arkansas and new coach John Calipari, who also recruited him heavily while still at Kentucky. This one may take a while.

While all of this sounds like what "should" happen...I doubt Rob Cassidy is coming out with a prediction when there's multiple weeks to go.

Cassidy has a history of picking a few days to a week prior to commitments happening.

Reaction Score
Cal is always recruiting over his own players and selling timeshares for limited positions. why would you trust him esp with recent high profile busts.
Very true. Duke, Kansas and Kentucky all follow that recipe. That may get them into the tournament most years, it doesn’t get them chips. We must avoid that approach at all costs.

Reaction Score
While all of this sounds like what "should" happen...I doubt Rob Cassidy is coming out with a prediction when there's multiple weeks to go.

Cassidy has a history of picking a few days to a week prior to commitments happenin

Cassidy has a history of picking a few days to a week prior to commitments happening.
I'm hearing your noise

Reaction Score
I'm hearing your noise
tea party GIF by CBS

Reaction Score
Kinda bizarre the dichotomy between these balls coming in and the messaging from the insiders/reporters who talk to the staff who say "likely still going to Arkansas, nothing imminent". Stratton Stave is a UConn reporter, too, and is likely not talking to the kid, which makes it more bizarre.

pj

Reaction Score
Kinda bizarre the dichotomy between these balls coming in and the messaging from the insiders/reporters who talk to the staff who say "likely still going to Arkansas, nothing imminent". Stratton Stave is a UConn reporter, too, and is likely not talking to the kid, which makes it more bizarre.

Reporters report what their sources tell them to report, or they lose their sources. If Meleek or his team wants the public to believe he is still undecided, that is what the staff will pass along and what reporters will report.

Crystal ball purveyors can read the tea leaves and speculate. Speculators trust actions, like postponing Arkansas with no reschedule, more than words.

"Off the record" conversations will normally get views aligned. Maybe the cards are being held close to the vest in this case,

Reaction Score
From an Arkansas perspective.. They have a lot of talent committed in 2024 for the 2-3 spot(s). Boogie Fland/DJ Wagner/Karter Knox/Billy Richmond and Johnell Davis for a year. Boogie and DJ are listed as CGs. Don't know how many Cal expects to be one and done but it'll be competitive for minutes this year. I'm sure the Acuff recruiting scenario is another consideration for Meleek re:2025.

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out for Meleek. Still like our chances.

Reaction Score
Cal is always recruiting over his own players and selling timeshares for limited positions. why would you trust him esp with recent high profile busts.
Cause as bad of a coach as Cal has shown to be, look at the list of his players in the NBA. That’s how he sells it plus he has more NIL money than anyone

Reaction Score
From an Arkansas perspective.. They have a lot of talent committed in 2024 for the 2-3 spot(s). Boogie Fland/DJ Wagner/Karter Knox/Billy Richmond and Johnell Davis for a year. Boogie and DJ are listed as CGs. Don't know how many Cal expects to be one and done but it'll be competitive for minutes this year. I'm sure the Acuff recruiting scenario is another consideration for Meleek re:2025.

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out for Meleek. Still like our chances.
To me, the Arkansas situation looks like a clown car for Meleek. If Meleek wants to develop and play meaningful minutes we are a no brainer. I don’t understand where there is any benefit for him to delay his announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom