2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas Electric Trigaloo | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas Electric Trigaloo

Reaction Score
10ppg
7.6 reb
3 blocks per game
54% FG

Is a phenomenal year for a freshman
His numbers were fine. What he did was destroyed the chemistry of that team. Calhoun started giving Drummond minutes and touches at the expense of Oriakhi and Roscoe Smith. Drummond had moments where he looked otherworldly, but he didn't look like he knew how to play team basketball. It wasn't a coincidence that Oriakhi and Smith transferred after the year. I'm glad it all worked out as UConn won the title 2 years after the fact as the transfers allowed Daniels and Giffey to take on bigger roles.

Reaction Score
His numbers were fine. What he did was destroyed the chemistry of that team. Calhoun started giving Drummond minutes and touches at the expense of Oriakhi and Roscoe Smith. Drummond had moments where he looked otherworldly, but he didn't look like he knew how to play team basketball. It wasn't a coincidence that Oriakhi and Smith transferred after the year. I'm glad it all worked out as UConn won the title 2 years after the fact as the transfers allowed Daniels and Giffey to take on bigger roles.
He was inconsistent because he was a freshman. Calhoun should’ve platooned Oriakhi and Drummond the way Hurley did with Clingan and Sanogo. That wasn’t on Drummond. All in all he had a very good freshman year

Reaction Score
10ppg
7.6 reb
3 blocks per game
54% FG

Is a phenomenal year for a freshman
His #'s were good but he was the worst ft shooter we've ever had and couldn't be on the court late in close games. He was on probably our most disappointing team ever who got smoked in the first round of the tournament despite having way more talent than Iowa State. Drummond had 2 points.

His #'s were good enough to get First team freshman honors in the Big East but he was supposed to be the runaway freshman of the year in conference and the #2 pick in the draft. He dropped to #9.

In no way would I say he had a phenomenal freshman year especially considering the expectations.

Reaction Score
His #'s were good but he was the worst ft shooter we've ever had and couldn't be on the court late in close games. He was on probably our most disappointing team ever who got smoked in the first round of the tournament despite having way more talent than Iowa State. Drummond had 2 points.

His #'s were good enough to get First team freshman honors in the Big East but he was supposed to be the runaway freshman of the year in conference and the #2 pick in the draft. He dropped to #9.

In no way would I say he had a phenomenal freshman year especially considering the expectations.
Judge him against his other freshman big man counterparts

Reaction Score
Was it reported anywhere that UConn sent someone to OTE yesterday? I guess that would be a pretty good sign whether they're still in or they think they're out. Doesn't say in this article which coaches were at OTE's combine day.

Thomas will head to Alabama this weekend before heading to Arkansas and he also said he has a visit planned to Kansas State. Back-to-back defending champs Connecticut remains very involved in the recruitment after he saw the Huskies during June.

Reaction Score
Was it reported anywhere that UConn sent someone to OTE yesterday? I guess that would be a pretty good sign whether they're still in or they think they're out. Doesn't say in this article which coaches were at OTE's combine day.

Thomas will head to Alabama this weekend before heading to Arkansas and he also said he has a visit planned to Kansas State. Back-to-back defending champs Connecticut remains very involved in the recruitment after he saw the Huskies during June.

I was looking earlier but didn't see names reported.

Reaction Score

Anyone wanting to scan the crowd for UConn staff are welcome to here:

Reaction Score
Such as Anthony Davis, or someone else?
Keep going…..

Using the ONE guy in the last who knows how many years is hilarious.

Freshman 7 footers don’t average 10, 7.5 and 3 often.

They just don’t. And the few that do are considered really good.

Reactions: DCT

awy

Reaction Score
the issue with drummond was he didn't realize his potential at the college level, and effort level was a major part of why. he only got into shape when the nba draft came around.

Reaction Score

Maybe his playing time destroyed the chemistry but Drummond didn’t personally. And the reality is AO was an awful teammate that year so my blame goes his way.

All in all a solid freshman year in which JC should’ve planted him in the post but didn’t consistently. Very Good freshman year not phenomenal.

Reaction Score
Keep going…..

Using the ONE guy in the last who knows how many years is hilarious.

Freshman 7 footers don’t average 10, 7.5 and 3 often.

They just don’t. And the few that do are considered really good.

I just chose him b/c they had similar levels of hype going into the year (yes I know Davis was the clear #1). Drummond was fine.

Reaction Score
I didn’t have Drummond driving this thread off the rails on my bingo card.

Yup, didn't see that one coming... Always nice to bring back an argument from 9 years ago to completely derail things. Might as well start up a "why didn't we guard the inbounder in 90" discussion to get it really hoppin'.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Where do you see men’s basketball recruiting on StorrsCentral? I’m a premium member, I only see football
I, too, found the website hard to navigate and it doesn’t have the same engagement as this one does for now.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Maybe his playing time destroyed the chemistry but Drummond didn’t personally. And the reality is AO was an awful teammate that year so my blame goes his way.

All in all a solid freshman year in which JC should’ve planted him in the post but didn’t consistently. Very Good freshman year not phenomenal.
It’s hard for it to be anyone’s fault tbh.

You couldn’t not start what was suppose to be at the time a generational big. You also couldn’t not start a 5* sophomore who just won a national championship.

Roscoe was never a natural 3 and the 4 was always his best position.

That roster was just a mess outside of the guards despite being so talented. If Drummond was able to play in a 5 out without AO he and the team probably look a lot better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom