2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas Electric Trigaloo | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas Electric Trigaloo

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Little flav of the Zanetto mindset, reminiscent of a 12 year old. If you want to run a reputable podcast representing a top brand, you should likely avoid unnecessarily Twitter sparring with competing fan bases sounding like the Gooch. Jesus C Z Train, how the hell do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

Seems like he's figuring out whether he wants to try to be a news breaker or a crap stirrer.

Or, as runner11 pointed out, he was just drunk.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I thought someone said earlier that the info Zanetto is putting out was wrong. I have to get on Storrs Central though, I keep forgetting.

I just checked SC and word is the staff is still recruiting him.

Seems like we're likely getting Adams, we look solid on Bundalo, we're neck & neck with KU for Reibe, and neck & neck with IU for Mullins. And we're still going after Lewis as well.

How may spots do we have?

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned Storrs Central had some positive news around Thomas. It's been otherwise quiet. I believe he has two more visits, Bama this and then Arkansas first weekend in October. With Adams looking good and Mullins/Lewis, not sure where Thomas stacks up from a priority perspective to the staff.

Have seen some of the OT Elite Tweets around Thomas. They held a recent showcase for NBA Scouts/College coaches and it's very much an "NBA program". Much of it is speculative, but I sense him going to OT Elite in of itself may have drawn some pause as he's playing for pay now, and it's an organization that emphasizes NBA with a number of their guys skipping college altogether (Ron Holland, Thompson twins) or OADs (Dillingham). You can't blame the kid for looking ahead, as he accomplished all he could in the local Pittsburgh circuit, but the OT Elite move is a bit of a dog & pony show for the NBA and that mindset prematurely may not really fit into Hurly culture.

There is one coach that does accept it with open arms (hint, the coach Dillingham played for).

Reaction Score

Seems like we're likely getting Adams, we look solid on Bundalo, we're neck & neck with KU for Reibe, and neck & neck with IU for Mullins. And we're still going after Lewis as well.

I think if we get Adams we take 1 more guard, then 1/2 bigger wings/5s. I’m sure the staff also would like to hold a spot open for a transer, which i’d say is the right call.

Reaction Score

We have 3 spots definitively open (Diarra, SJ, and one open scholly). I'd think we'd want three freshmen with the anticipation of at least 1-3 potential NBA departures.

Reaction Score
We have 3 spots definitively open (Diarra, SJ, and one open scholly). I'd think we'd want three freshmen with the anticipation of at least 1-3 potential NBA departures.
Gotta think Karaban is gone. Also at least 1 transfer out (Not speculating on who, just how CBB is today).

awy

Reaction Score
you have to recruit based on potential need, and then pare back if necessary. they talk with nba scouts often and can gauge the draft prospects of players if they develop as planned. can worry about roster conflict later if it actually happens.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It's pretty much certain we'll have 5 open scholarship, a 6th opening is a possibility.
Agreed. I’d say 1-2 filled through the portal. Danny probably wants at least 3 freshmen, maybe 4 if they’re the right fits.

Reaction Score
I think if we get Adams we take 1 more guard, then 1/2 bigger wings/5s. I’m sure the staff also would like to hold a spot open for a transer, which i’d say is the right call.
My guess - staff sees Lewis & Mullins as a coin flip at this point, Thomas as lower priority and potentially Arkansas bound. Locking in Darius to grab a foundational developmental guard in this class, and a great cultural fit as doesn't want to end up empty handed on guards.

Bundalo will land. Reibe also a coin flip as competing with some other top programs (Kansas). Minimum class of 2, possible class of 4. If we land on 2, have the Ozzie out there as an option.

Reaction Score
I think Reibe is the most critical. Skilled big men are very hard to find and I hate our long history of project big men (excluding Clingan of course).

Reactions: awy
Reaction Score
Gotta think Karaban is gone. Also at least 1 transfer out (Not speculating on who, just how CBB is today).
Well, yeah... Hence the 1-3 designation. I know who I will think will potentially be gone but I'm not going to bring that up now. I figure 3-4 freshmen and then portal time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom