2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas Electric Trigaloo | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas Electric Trigaloo

Reaction Score
Why are people at this site treating him as a credible source? Where does this come from? It is insane.
Hopefully he is as wrong as he was with his sources saying UConn to the Big 12 was imminent.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Look, he was the first to say we were a lock for the B12 and [looks around] oh
Not only a lock, but "imminent."

He seems like someone who wanted to build a "Locked on" channel and chose UConn as being the most valuable unclaimed brand out there. It doesn't seem like he has any real understanding other than reading the Twitter tea leaves. I do give him credit for breaking this summer's big 12 story, even though I believe that his breaking it hurt us.

I don't watch his podcasts. I suggest others do not as well. Anyone connected with UConn in any way, should avoid him and hopefully he goes away eventually.

awy

Reaction Score
he's doing newbie journo mistake things, but still a source of information nonetheless. raw intelligence is always better than no information, even if you gotta work to piece things together.

Reaction Score
he's doing newbie journo mistake things, but still a source of information nonetheless. raw intelligence is always better than no information, even if you gotta work to piece things together.
The free market generally has a way of correcting things. If a media person is wrong enough, people hopefully will tend to tune them out and not share their opinion. It forces them to develop better sources and grind harder to be accurate. You’d think and hope that he’d cut off the source that provided that Big 12 information.

awy

Reaction Score
typically journos cross check and evaluate sources against background knowledge to see if it makes sense. he has neither the knowledge nor multiple sources, but is seen as an outlet for people to leak rumors.

so basically a source of gossip from potential insiders who themselves may not have full grasp of the entire dynamic. his lack of a filter kind of helps in locating where the rumor comes from.

Reaction Score
Where do you see men’s basketball recruiting on StorrsCentral? I’m a premium member, I only see football

Reaction Score

He seems like someone who wanted to build a "Locked on" channel and chose UConn as being the most valuable unclaimed brand out there. It doesn't seem like he has any real understanding other than reading the Twitter tea leaves. I do give him credit for breaking this summer's big 12 story, even though I believe that his breaking it hurt us.

I don't watch his podcasts. I suggest others do not as well. Anyone connected with UConn in any way, should avoid him and hopefully he goes away eventually.
I just unfollowed his YouTube channel. Finally had enough of the negativity. I'll do my own uninformed speculation.

caw

Reaction Score
Imagine if Zanetto had half the rules for posting stuff that we have here.

There really shouldn't be a daily podcast in the summer about college basketball. The only thing really going on is recruiting and that is so fluid, whatever is reported likely will bite you in the butt. I am on wait and see in terms of how that pod does during the season.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Where do you see men’s basketball recruiting on StorrsCentral? I’m a premium member, I only see football
MBB (Men’s BasketBall) recruiting thread in Better Get Us Now drop down.

Reaction Score

Agree. He has no cred and he is very boring. I haven’t listened to his drivel since the B12 braking news fiasco.

Reaction Score
Agree. He has no cred and he is very boring. I haven’t listened to his drivel since the B12 braking news fiasco.
I don't have the angst against Zanetto like most here and I like some of his content during the NCAAT. Having said all of that though, I have not tuned in since the B12 news, because like you stated, his credibility took a massive hit. It's one thing to be wrong about getting a B12 invite, which is a big thing to be wrong about, but to say it's imminent (like CL82 stated), oh no. It's going to be difficult to trust anything he says.

Reaction Score
Little flav of the Zanetto mindset, reminiscent of a 12 year old. If you want to run a reputable podcast representing a top brand, you should likely avoid unnecessarily Twitter sparring with competing fan bases sounding like the Gooch. Jesus C Z Train, how the hell do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

caw

Reaction Score
Little flav of the Zanetto mindset, reminiscent of a 12 year old. If you want to run a reputable podcast representing a top brand, you should likely avoid unnecessarily Twitter sparring with competing fan bases sounding like the Gooch. Jesus C Z Train, how the hell do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

He's not necessarily wrong though. Aside from Flagg, not sure they are particularly quick anywhere on the court.

Reaction Score
He's not necessarily wrong though. Aside from Flagg, not sure they are particularly quick anywhere on the court.
Read the full string, gets pretty cringy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Whenever I see somebody posting insane * in the wee hours I assume they are drunk posting. But maybe that's just his brain operating at full efficiency.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom