May transfer thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

May transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
From the moment Kim accepted the LSU job, she is not allowed to contact Dauda since she is a Baylor signee. Now that Dauda has requested to be released from LOI to Baylor, she still can't be contacted by anyone until that release is granted. After a full release is given, I believe she can then be contacted by anyone.
I thought the tweet said that she got the release from Baylor.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I thought the tweet said that she got the release from Baylor.
Looks like yesterday's tweet did have someone stating that she had been released. My point was simply that Mulkey (new LSU coach) would not have been allowed to be in contact with Dauda while she remained bound to Baylor by her signed LOI.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Looks like yesterday's tweet did have someone stating that she had been released. My point was simply that Mulkey (new LSU coach) would not have been allowed to be in contact with Dauda while she remained bound to Baylor by her signed LOI.
I know that. I'm just saying hopefully now Kim will try to recruit her.

Reaction Score
My guess is she stays home in Arkansas to play for Neighbors or follows Kim. I know she visited other schools but these two definitely were the biggest factors in her recruiting process.

Reaction Score
She could not contact Dauda, but she could have easily contacted Dauda's AAU coach, etc. My read on the story is that Dauda was not happy with the way things were handled. Whether that could be sorted out now or not, I'm not sure. Several programs are reportedly interested, but there is some speculation that Arkansas might be in the lead due to the advantage of having very actively recruited her before.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
She could not contact Dauda, but she could have easily contacted Dauda's AAU coach, etc. My read on the story is that Dauda was not happy with the way things were handled. Whether that could be sorted out now or not, I'm not sure. Several programs are reportedly interested, but there is some speculation that Arkansas might be in the lead due to the advantage of having very actively recruited her before.
Eh. Dauda wanted to go to Baylor for Mulkey, and pretty much no other reason (maybe Bill Brock). Dauda is originally from Nigeria, and didn't arrive in Arkansas until like 6 years ago, IIRC. So, I doubt any kind of in-state loyalty is a factor for her and her family. On the other hand, the pandemic may have impacted her outlook on proximity to her family.

Not sure if she's ever visited LSU. Official visits still not allowed; but, she could always pay her own way to visit. Perhaps that doesn't matter if she's simply set on playing for Mulkey. Would be surprised if she ends up anywhere but Arkansas or LSU; however, maybe she's a very good student and will look Duke or Vanderbilt's way.

Reaction Score
Eh. Dauda wanted to go to Baylor for Mulkey, and pretty much no other reason (maybe Bill Brock). Dauda is originally from Nigeria, and didn't arrive in Arkansas until like 6 years ago, IIRC. So, I doubt any kind of in-state loyalty is a factor for her and her family. On the other hand, the pandemic may have impacted her outlook on proximity to her family.

Not sure if she's ever visited LSU. Official visits still not allowed; but, she could always pay her own way to visit. Perhaps that doesn't matter if she's simply set on playing for Mulkey. Would be surprised if she ends up anywhere but Arkansas or LSU; however, maybe she's a very good student and will look Duke('s) or Vanderbilt's way.
waiting for @triaddukefan in 3, 2, 1..........................

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Washington updated their roster. Still shows Nia Lowery, who I thought entered the portal.

Khayla Rooks apparently has entered the portal. She was more productive than I expected for them last year, but that's not saying a whole lot. Most of her career I kept finding myself thinking she wouldn't play at all for ANY other Pac 12 team.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
Has Endyia Rogers (USC Trojans) landed anywhere? I believe she entered the transfer portal in mid-April.
The Athletic lists her as being in the portal. She hasn't announced anything about the portal or a commitment, though.

When Adia Barnes met with the media about her new contract she said that she is trying to get a point guard from the portal who they have "a very good relationship with." Since Erin Grant just joined the Arizona staff from USC, speculation is that Rogers is that point guard.

I would not be surprised if Oregon is pursuing her, but that's just a gut feeling. Also wouldn't be surprised if Oregon State was pursuing her.

Rogers has retweeted the hiring announcements of Grant at Arizona and Nared-Hairston at Oregon, but my guess is based more on Barnes' comments and Graves'/Rueck's current needs.

Lindsey better be working day and night to keep her.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Look at Neighbors loading up. Replacing Dungee/Slocum/Ramirez is a tall order but adding Dauda, Wolfenbarger and Goforth should set them up quite well for the next few year.
Maybe some new blood will do them some good. I mean, if you can't win a first round NCAA game with fifth year seniors like Dungee and Slocum, something is rotten in Denmark. Ramirez will be back to provide some maturity, but lots of youth on the roster, including Elena Eaton.

Reaction Score
Look at Neighbors loading up. Replacing Dungee/Slocum/Ramirez is a tall order but adding Dauda, Wolfenbarger and Goforth should set them up quite well for the next few year.
Well, Ramirez will be back for one more year, but yes ... when Neighbors arrived at Arkansas, he set out to get Goforth and Eaton from the 2020 in-state class, and Wolfenbarger and Dauda from the 2021 in-state class. He got half of them.

But what a difference a year (and a pandemic) makes...

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I'm sure he'll add some crawfish étouffée to the menu of his next cookout, for sure.
Some bacon-wrapped shrimp would be my recommendation as a happy medium . . .

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Maybe some new blood will do them some good. I mean, if you can't win a first round NCAA game with fifth year seniors like Dungee and Slocum, something is rotten in Denmark. Ramirez will be back to provide some maturity, but lots of youth on the roster, including Elena Eaton.
Agreed. Dungee was a talented player but didn't strike me as team oriented. I've never been sold on Neighbors coaching ability but he's bringing in good recruits/transfers that should keep Arkansas steadily in the top 10-20 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom