May transfer thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

May transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
Graves wanted 10 players on the roster. The portal is getting to the point where it is on its second day of a garage sale and Graves landed Hurst. Not a terrible choice at all considering it is getting later and later an and the good bargains are getting harder and harder to find.
I think he was willing to go with 10, but I am not sure any coach would choose to especially when two starters have significant history of injuries.

I think 15 is way too many. It's a sleight of hand to make schools look better for Title IX purposes. But 10 is kind of pushing it. Best is probably 12-13.

But he definitely rolled the dice by not getting in the portal sooner and they didn't go his way.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Look at Neighbors loading up. Replacing Dungee/Slocum/Ramirez is a tall order but adding Dauda, Wolfenbarger and Goforth should set them up quite well for the next few year.
I did not know that Dauda had suffered a knee injury and plans to redshirt her freshman season . . . .

Reaction Score
I did not know that Dauda had suffered a knee injury and plans to redshirt her freshman season . . . .

Yeah, she hurt herself in practice right before the state tournament. Really knocked Bentonville for a loop and they lost to Fayetteville in their conference championship game without her, and then to Amauri Williams's No Little Rock team in the state tournament. I think they'd have won both games with her, fwiw.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Syracuse was ridiculed for having so many players (leave/graduate/transfer). They have rebounded nicely and if they can establish some chemistry before the season starts...they could be very good come March. There aren't any superstars, but they do have balance, consistency and blue-collar workmanship with this new roster. Q needs to hire an assistant that can manage people...so he can worry about XOs.
Syracuse Women's Basketball Recruiting | WBB Blog
Carr is a solid addition here, especially this late into the transfer portal.
:eek: Shouldn't Q be hiring 2 assistants then? It's not like XO's is his strong suit. Q is very basic coach & one trick pony with absolutely ZERO creativity on the defensive side of the ball.

Reaction Score
:eek: Shouldn't Q be hiring 2 assistants then? It's not like XO's is his strong suit. Q is very basic coach & one trick pony with absolutely ZERO creativity on the defensive side of the ball.
His offense has been to hoist up a bunch of three pointers for a while now, so I’m sure he will stick with that. They will be undersized regardless.

Reaction Score
I think he's better than we've seen on offense. Some of the plays he has drawn up at end of game situations have been pretty impressive. Do they shoot too many 3s?;..yes. As far as defense...man, just play a 2-3 zone. It's the Cuse staple.

Since Syracuse appeared in the finals...Q's problem IMO was that he couldn't manage all the talent that fell into his lap. He tried to keep everyone happy...and then no one was happy. Craziest substitution patterns (for lack of a better word) that I had seen ever. He tried to play too many people...for 30-45 seconds at a time...and not at the end of games. It was crazy!

Reaction Score
I think he's better than we've seen on offense. Some of the plays he has drawn up at end of game situations have been pretty impressive. Do they shoot too many 3s?;..yes. As far as defense...man, just play a 2-3 zone. It's the Cuse staple.

Since Syracuse appeared in the finals...Q's problem IMO was that he couldn't manage all the talent that fell into his lap. He tried to keep everyone happy...and then no one was happy. Craziest substitution patterns (for lack of a better word) that I had seen ever. He tried to play too many people...for 30-45 seconds at a time...and not at the end of games. It was crazy!

If that's the case, next season will be interesting. He's got some freshman coming in who are used to playing major minutes, along with transfers who played significant minutes as well.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Since you mentioned it.. That 'Cuse Finals appearance was nothing to write home about and was a historically bad loss=2nd highest MOV (31 Points) ever in a championship game. Understandable right since it was Stewie's swan song? Not really, Syracuse has actually played UCONN in the NCAA tournament twice (without Stewie) since then. First time the MOV was 30 points this year the MOV was 36. If you go back to the Pre Stewie days when Syracuse was in the the BE you will find similar MOV for UCONN. Why? because Q is a basic coach that throws out basic stuff and when you do Geno is going to beat you like a drum. A perfect example of that is that "token" full court press that "Cuse" throws out against everyone else NEVER works against UCONN. I guess I shouldn't say NEVER- in the championship game the 'Cuse used that press and had Saniya shook and went on a double digit run. Just think what the margin would have been had Saniya not gotten shook.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, Baylor loses starting guards, Didi Richards and Dijonai Carrington to the WNBA, and Moon Ursin's future with the program is still unknown. Now they lose projected starter, Chrislynn Carr. That leaves Sarah Andrews and Jaden Owens returning to play in the back court. Penn State transfer, Kamaria McDaniel projected to play after medically redshirting this past season.

If grad-transfer, Jordan Lewis had some graduate program reasons for selecting Baylor, then I can see her sticking with Baylor. Still, the timing of Mulkey bolting right after Lewis' addition was announced might not sit well with Lewis; guess we'll find out soon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So, Baylor loses starting guards, Didi Richards and Dijonai Carrington to the WNBA, and Moon Ursin's future with the program is still unknown. Now they lose projected starter, Chrislynn Carr. That leaves Sarah Andrews and Jaden Owens returning to play in the back court. Penn State transfer, Kamaria McDaniel projected to play after medically redshirting this past season.

If grad-transfer, Jordan Lewis had some graduate program reasons for selecting Baylor, than I can see her sticking with Baylor. Still, the timing of Mulkey bolting right after Lewis' addition was announced might not sit well with Lewis; guess we'll find out soon.
Baylor should be fine this year even with all the losses they had to transfer and graduation. Next year is where they could be significant issues if they don't bring in a deep class or get good players out the portal.

From what I read Lewis intends to stay unless something changes.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Baylor should be fine this year even with all the losses they had to transfer and graduation. Next year is where they could be significant issues if they don't bring in a deep class or get good players out the portal.

From what I read Lewis intends to stay unless something changes.
I think movement continues (everywhere) over the next several weeks/months. In the end, what matters is who is enrolled where come the Fall semester in late August / early September. Sadly, assuming there won't be any additional roster changes at Baylor and other programs is not the likely outcome.

Reaction Score
Trinity Oliver is now leaving with Moon

Gusters to LSU, Chrislyn Carr and K-State's C. Carr, who was also headed to Baylor are both now at Syracuse, Jordyn Oliver at Duke, Trinity Oliver and Moon Ursin both on their way out as well. And, Maryam Dauda released from her NLI to Baylor and now at Arkansas.
Kim better get to clearing locker spaces....

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Trinity Oliver is now leaving with Moon

Kim better get to clearing locker spaces....

Didn't you just tell me yesterday that Baylor's roster would be fine? :p

Reaction Score
Didn't you just tell me yesterday that Baylor's roster would be fine? :p
Trinity isn't a big loss production wise but its a body but its putting Baylor in the danger zone with depth. On the flip side, LSU has bodies but no quality outside like a couple kids.

Reaction Score
Now Baylor will have to replace 3 starters and a 6th person headed into next season.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Trinity isn't a big loss production wise but its a body but its putting Baylor in the danger zone with depth. On the flip side, LSU has bodies but no quality outside like a couple kids.
My point is that from yesterday to today, there's an additional defection. As I stated yesterday, this trend will continue (and not just at Baylor) until Fall semester classes begin.

Reaction Score
My point is that from yesterday to today, there's an additional defection. As I stated yesterday, this trend will continue (and not just at Baylor) until Fall semester classes begin.

Sic ‘em is also saying there maybe another one

Reaction Score
I hope so in our case. The sooner we turn over the roster, the better (as long as it’s not Pointer)

kim was on radio earlier this week talking about how the portal can help build a program quickly or devastate a program shortly

Reaction Score
Where does this leave Baylor?
  • Departures:
    • Carrington & Didi Richards to Pros
    • Carr, Gusters, J Oliver, T Oliver, Ursin transfer
    • recruit Dauda decommitted
  • 2021-2 roster
    • key returnees: N Smith, Egbo, Bickle, McDaniel
    • minor returnees: Andrews, J Owens
    • frosh: none?
    • transfers: J Lewis (Ala), ?
If that's everyone, that's pretty thin

Reaction Score
I hope so in our case. The sooner we turn over the roster, the better (as long as it’s not Pointer)

kim was on radio earlier this week talking about how the portal can help build a program quickly or devastate a program shortly
Kim needs to start talking up the idea of attending college in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom