May transfer thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

May transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
That was prior to losing Dugalic and Mikesell to transfer and Wilson who retired. They were down to eight players, so they pretty much had to.
Well, yeah. But, see how quickly things change in a couple of weeks?

Doubt Graves will be making those comments again any time soon . . .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If I was a Duck fan, I'd be fairly worried. First year post Sabrina didn't go so well, now they're bleeding players. Still talent there. This upcoming season seems like a really big one for UO to show if they will continue to be a factor in the Pac 12 or if they will fade away. They did finish in 4th place, but were 0-6 against the top 3 and 1-2 against the 5th place team. About half of the games were close and several were blowout losses. The only win amongst that group was at the beginning of the season when the 5th place team was terrible.
I wouldn't be too worried if I an Oregon fan about the players who transferred because it wasn't their best players who left the team.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be too worried if I an Oregon fan about the players who transferred because it wasn't their best players who left the team.
Sabally/Prince/Paopao is a good place to start. The remaining Fr. from last year all need to make a big jump. Their vaunted depth completely disappeared.

Reaction Score
Lol don’t say that, we want moon.

Not sure how nursing studies and college basketball works together. Any recent examples of that?
I cant imagine someone who played at the highest level wanting to go to a bad low major where all you'd do is lose and your teammates werent any good. A good low major would be a different story because at least it's a winning culture that you can add to.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Hope you’re right. Moon is a smart young lady so it makes sense that she looks at all her options before making a decision. I see the UNO, Tulane and Minnesota coaches are already reaching out already.

I think she ends up somewhere in Louisiana. Hopefully it’s us.
I don't think Moon goes to UNO, but I do think she will stay in Louisiana. I'm sure Tulane is a strong pull for her as she is a smart girl. I see it as either LSU or Tulane, with a slight edge to LSU because of Mulkey. I've talked to Moon several times in the past and she is pretty head strong about her career after WBB/College (it doesn't stop with being a nurse). I think she takes the extra year of eligibility to cover another year of school tuition, which is a great help to her and her family. Geaux Moon!

Reaction Score
I don't think Moon goes to UNO, but I do think she will stay in Louisiana. I'm sure Tulane is a strong pull for her as she is a smart girl. I see it as either LSU or Tulane, with a slight edge to LSU because of Mulkey. I've talked to Moon several times in the past and she is pretty head strong about her career after WBB/College (it doesn't stop with being a nurse). I think she takes the extra year of eligibility to cover another year of school tuition, which is a great help to her and her family. Geaux Moon!
My main concern considering the program is in NOLA and her playing basketball is in BR. Not sure how they would make that work but I hope they can find a way. I know Kim would take moon in a heart beat. We have an open scholarship to give

Reaction Score
My main concern considering the program is in NOLA and her playing basketball is in BR. Not sure how they would make that work but I hope they can find a way. I know Kim would take moon in a heart beat. We have an open scholarship to give

The Nursing program is tough. My daughter had 2 girls on her team that had to take an extra semester and another that struggled her junior year taking the program and playing ball. And didn't travel anywhere a bus couldn't take them. They were also D3.

Reaction Score
The Nursing program is tough. My daughter had 2 girls on her team that had to take an extra semester and another that struggled her junior year taking the program and playing ball. And didn't travel anywhere a bus couldn't take them. They were also D3.
It may work with her being a senior. The Nursing program may be in New Orleans. But LSU offers an online program to where she do her school work there, and could go to local medical facilities

Reaction Score
Based on all the Oregon games I saw last year, that statement is not a foregone conclusion. If anything I see her as a role player and 4th or 5 option at best, IF she improves drastically. In that PAC12 she is so far done the Center/Forward pecking order, I stopped counting after 10. That to me, says she’s average.
Even though OSU is crowded at the 3/4, I think very highly of Dugalic, and would have loved for her to join OSU. I think Dugalic will earn a significant amount of PT at UCLA.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Hosendove had already transferred once before. So, even if she is grad-transferring to Oregon, she will need a waiver to be eligible this coming season.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
Even though OSU is crowded at the 3/4, I think very highly of Dugalic, and would have loved for her to join OSU. I think Dugalic will earn a significant amount of PT at UCLA.

From what I have seen, this is the only transfer that upset the Ducks' fans to a significant degree. Chavez wasn't getting a lot of time anymore because of a change of direction and her being away from the team dealing with family issues so much this year. Both of those contributed to her 3pt shooting diminishing. Besides, the fans understood the issue with her grandmother here in Arizona. Mikesell was great against mid-majors, but she was much less effective once she had to face Pac-12 competition twice a week. And from what I understand, she was very close to Chavez and it hit her hard when Chavez decided to come home. Shelley wasn't going to have much of an impact over the long-term. But Dugalic had potential that excited much of the Ducks' fan base and there were no obvious off-court reasons for her to go.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From what I have seen, this is the only transfer that upset the Ducks' fans to a significant degree. Chavez wasn't getting a lot of time anymore because of a change of direction and her being away from the team dealing with family issues so much this year. Both of those contributed to her 3pt shooting diminishing. Besides, the fans understood the issue with her grandmother here in Arizona. Mikesell was great against mid-majors, but she was much less effective once she had to face Pac-12 competition twice a week. And from what I understand, she was very close to Chavez and it hit her hard when Chavez decided to come home. Shelley was wasn't going to have much of an impact over the long-term. But Dugalic had potential that excited much of the Ducks' fan base and there were no obvious off-court reasons for her to go.
You are 100 percent correct. It felt like Shelley and Chavez just were not 100 percent into it this year. Mikesell was a disappointment at times. Dugalic was the only one fans will miss. Every team has had a stinger transfer at one time or another. Take Goforth at OSU as an example. Nothing is absolute and even UCONN could have some transfers after next year. It is almost a given.

Reaction Score
Has Endyia Rogers (USC Trojans) landed anywhere? I believe she entered the transfer portal in mid-April.

Reaction Score
I heard this a while back but doubt she wants to go to LSU. Probably Arkansas
Kim need to finish filling her staff and start recruiting... May not get a good class this year. But we definitely can play catch-up and snatch at least one decent profile recruit.

Reaction Score
Kim need to finish filling her staff and start recruiting... May not get a good class this year. But we definitely can play catch-up and snatch at least one decent profile recruit.
I don’t know why it’s taking so long with some of the hires. Although Rice is coming it hasn’t been announced yet. It’s about to be 3 weeks since she was hired. It’s weird to me unless they are waiting to announce it all at once

Reaction Score
I wonder if Messer will go to Arkansas as well. I believe there is still an opening left by Osahor leaving for Oklahoma.
I had this thought, too, but I think Messer is probably too senior for the opening Arkansas has. Schaefer is Associate HC, and if I were Messer, that’s a title I would be expecting, as well. Not sure the Hogs will take two. I’ve heard that another former SEC assistant (x2) is likely to end up back at Arkansas ... but that’s unconfirmed speculation.

I have heard that Arkansas’s 2021 recruiting class is likely to get a lot better, though.

Reaction Score
I like what recent Oregon transfer Taylor Hosendove says per Duck territory interview:

Hosendove will need to apply for a waiver to play immediately. Because she already transferred once previously, from Clemson to Georgia State in 2019, she does not qualify to compete right away. She remains "very confident" in receiving one though, and will have two years with the Ducks whether that's now or beginning in 2022-23.

“Even if the waiver doesn’t get approved, that’s just another year for me to get better, acclimated into the system and learn more about Oregon during my first year. I’m good either way," she said.

I really don’t care much about individual success more than winning. I want to be part of a winning team and a winning culture. That’s always been my mindset. I’ll take championships over individual success any day," she said.

“I like to be a vocal leader. I like to do whatever the coach asks me to do, honestly... I think I can bring versatility to the team, leadership and being vocal. I bring energy. That’s what I’m all about. Wherever coach puts me, I’m there. I’m all for it."

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I still hope that Kim is going to try.
From the moment Kim accepted the LSU job, she is not allowed to contact Dauda since she is a Baylor signee. Now that Dauda has requested to be released from LOI to Baylor, she still can't be contacted by anyone until that release is granted. After a full release is given, I believe she can then be contacted by anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom